Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Point No Point Saturday  (Read 2733 times)

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
Getting some good reports from PB fishing friends about the point blackmouth. Will be launching from the fisheries kinda landing near the lighthouse. Great launch w/a nice bathroom, the just never put in the actual rigid launch for PBs. Great launch for kayaks. Expecting some crowds as there’s a tourniquet that weekend, but there’s room in good areas outside shore casting range and inside the trolling circles PBs use. Pretty even tide should make it fishable pending wind. Pretty good flatfishing right off the launch area. Planning to start paddling about 8 am. Look for a white camo trident if you go. Jigging and trolling coyote spoons and coho killers said to be effective. I,m bringing some brined herring just because I have it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 05:28:44 PM by Trident 13 »

gnomodom

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I'm very interested. I'll post up tomorrow if I'm in.

Trident 13

• Salmon

An 8 am launch should let me fish a very minimal incoming tide for a couple hours and the catch the start of the outgoing tide. I plan to leave the launch and head a little west into 70-90 fow. Should drift slowly back toward the point hopefully with some bait balls, jigging off the bottom with a dart or shimano jig. There are lots of flounder and I’ll have a bag with ice.  Should be near the point towards 9-930 and likely switch to trolling coyote spoons or coho killers with a spinner flasher. With a one fish 22” limit I hope I’ll be dragging bait or jigs to fill up
with flounder while heading back toward the launch. If I get a salmon I can C&R while jigging for flatties as they run in the shallows sometimes.
Wind can shit-can the whole plan, but it is a plan and I haven’t fished for weeks so I want something to pay for that...
Again, expecting a crowd for the tourni I that’s on.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 09:14:58 PM by Trident 13 »

13igF1sh206

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Mar 2018
I might also be around that area this weekend on Saturday. Suppose to be fishing there with some friends if the wind isn't to crazy. I'll be in yellow Hobie PA14. Haven't really fish the area before but heard a lot of good things about the place. Well, hope to see you guys there.

gnomodom

• Lingcod
Wind forecast looks very favorable right now. I'll see about getting prepped to be there between seven and eight

Trident 13

• Salmon

Here's some info to consider.  Have usually fished 1-2-3, but 4-5-6 if there's a wind from the west.  On the outgoing there's a big back eddie showing in the big circle.  I try to stay in 70-120 FOW and hit bottom jigging and troll with a coyote or coho killer to get back into position.
You can see the slack and ebb tide currents.  Currents are very important in that area.  Be sure to keep an eye out for ship traffic.  They maintain speed to steer through the slots and can leave a sleeper wave 10 minutes after you thought they were gone.  Just turn into them and your fine but the closer you are to short the more they curl. I've seen wind forecasts from every direction, which happens there all the time.  Anything south of 180 degrees is good and lets you fish the circle with no problem.  Winds from the north and northwest are less desirable.  Good bathroom to change if it's nasty and great parking as no trailered boats launch there as they made it just for hand launching kayaks  :blob5:
It's more likely someone forgot to draw a launch pad to the water, but that's my story.
See you guys there, maybe now closer to 8 as I'm afraid to load up the night before.

After about 1 PM, if the wind is out of the west-northwest, pay attention to the rip that will develop as the outgoing tide hits the wind as it comes around the point by #3 on the map.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 12:45:49 PM by Trident 13 »

gnomodom

• Lingcod
Is parking / launch the 'Water Access Site'? Part of my goal to get there early is really just in case I'm a bonehead and can't find the right place :)

Trident 13

• Salmon
9009 NE Point No Point Rd, Hansville, WA 98340  pnplighthouse.com

Not a problem, it's pretty easy and Google took me there w/o a problem.
I plan on leaving Kent about 6:15. Two53-630-one 656.

gnomodom

• Lingcod
I'm leaving Seattle sometime in between 5 and then, depends on how early I can get zome Z's tonight. Thanks for the tips. If I'm following you right, you park by the lighthouse and shove off at the water access site?

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
If you go to Bing maps or Google maps, you can zoom in on the water access area. There is parking there.

gnomodom

• Lingcod
Ah, awesome. Thanks! Here is hoping to a productive outing! :D

AndyFishes

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Oct 2016
Ahh...you guys'll be on my side. Too bad I'm not quite ready...

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
I wish I could join you guys tomorrow, but my daughter has a gymnastics meet. How are things looking on Sunday for everyone? If you guys figure out all the secrets tomorrow and load your kayaks with fish, I'd gladly tag along and learn from the masters on round two on Sunday.  ;D

Edit: Also.. I have never tried to take a ferry with a kayak on top of a vehicle. Would I just roll onto that bottom center layer or would it be fine up where cars normally go?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:23:34 PM by JasonM »

justinjw

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
See you all there tomorrow around 8 am.
Hobie Oasis

Trident 13

• Salmon
Jason, the best day of fishing will never stand up to the worst event with your daughter.  Great choice. You’ll get a good report. Can’t make it Sunday. Maybe Andy or someone else can.

Andy, was hoping you’d pick this up but understand. My reports are the fishing is pretty good for 5-8 lbers/23-28 inches but it may be closing before long. Enter done. I’m watching the posts on the ff your asking about
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:40:21 PM by Trident 13 »

anything