Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:11:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Sunset Bay AOTD - Aug. 25, 2018  (Read 7660 times)

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
I don't want to steal any thunder from CBY, but it's up on Facebook now, so...

SBAOTD is going to be August 25th. I booked a spot today at the state park and there are about 30 tent sites left. If you are planning to join the party of the year for the South Coast crew it would behoove you to secure your campsite soon.

I'll be bringing my aspergillum and thurible to 27 in the Degenerate Loop if you have any special lures you would like me to bless/curse prior to the festivities.  :wave:

If Sunset fills up try Bastendorff.

https://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/sunset-bay-state-park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=OR&parkId=402382

http://www.co.coos.or.us/Departments/CoosCountyParks/Bastendorff.aspx

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

goldendog

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
All the RV sites at SB State Park are booked for that weekend. There are still spots at Bastendorff.
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
All the RV sites at SB State Park are booked for that weekend. There are still spots at Bastendorff.

That's what I said. 30 tent sites left.

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Booked a campsite (rv site) at the Oceanside RV resort. Can't wait for this event! It's been one of my favorites.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008

SBAOTD is going to be August 25th. I booked a spot today at the state park and there are about 30 tent sites left. If you are planning to join the party of the year for the South Coast crew it would behoove you to secure your campsite soon.

I'll be bringing my aspergillum and thurible to 27 in the Degenerate Loop if you have any special lures you would like me to bless/curse prior to the festivities.  :wave:

If Sunset fills up try Bastendorff.

https://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/sunset-bay-state-park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=OR&parkId=402382

I'll stop by with some special incense. How do you make Holy Water?

Lutefisk

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017

Being new to NWKA and IDK but there are alot of acroynms floating around here......I assume ATOD is different from ATOY??? Who is CBY??? LMAO where do I find this sign up on FB??? FML.

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012

Being new to NWKA and IDK but there are alot of acroynms floating around here......I assume ATOD is different from ATOY??? Who is CBY??? LMAO where do I find this sign up on FB??? FML.

NorthWestKayakAnglers
IDon'tKnow
AnglerOfTheDay
AnglerOfTheYear
CoosBayYakker
LaffinMyAssOff
FaceBook
FuckMyLife

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
I think I can get this weekend off, been wanting to go to this tournament for a few years now and I might finally get the chance to go.

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Is there a link to the event?  I don't have facebook, but I do have a reserved spot at the campground.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
(from Facebook)

Where: Sunset Bay State Park in Coos Bay, OR  When: Saturday August 25th, 2018  Entry Fee: $35   
The Sunset Bay Angler Of The Day Kayak Fihing Challenge is an annual Kayak only Fishing competition held on the ocean in Coos Bay Oregon. This year the tournament is set for Saturday, August 25th 2018. The launch site is at Sunset Bay State Park. The entry fee is 35 dollars and we will have many great prizes available to win. The tournament starts at 6:00AM and the measure-in ends at 2:00 pm. This is a point based competition with points per inch values assigned to all the species available to catch on the fishing grounds. The largest single fish from each category will count towards your total. The angler with the most points wins! This competition will test your skill as an angler as you have to target different species with different techniques to be successful. After the fishing there will be a potluck dinner and awards ceremony at the launch site,   Cabezon 7 points  Chinook 4 points  Coho 5 points  Flounder 8 points  Greenling 10 points  Halibut 4 points  Lingcod 5 points  Rockfish 8 points  Surf Perch 12 points   
The boundaries for the event are Baltimore Rock to the north and the south end of Simpson Reef to the south  There will be captains bags for the first 50 anglers that register. If you want to be the first 50 you can pay your entry fee to my paypal at: r.marcum@charter.net. You can also register the night before at the captains meeting. You can also register the morning of the tourney, someone will be at the launch site before first light.  First launch will be at 6:00AM and last chance to measure-in your catch will be 2:00 pm. As long as you are in line at 2:00 pm your fish will be accepted. If you are not in line at 2:00 PM your catch will be disqualified. 
Proper immersion gear and flying a safety flag is mandatory! If you show up in street clothes you will be disqualified . We have a perfect safety record and I want to keep it that way. If you haven't fished at Sunset Bay or in the ocean before find an experienced person and ask them to help you out and keep an eye on you.  The pot(all entry fees) will be shared between two HOW chapters.  The top 3 anglers will get a prize and some money, the rest will be given with a chip drawing. You will receive a poker chip with a number on it when you register, we will collect them after you register. These will be used to draw for the prizes. The top 3 will not be eligible for a chip prize unless we have a second round of chip draws.  There will be a ticket drawing for a prize package. Tickets will be $1 each or 6 for $5. 100% of the money for this drawing will be donated to Heroes on the Water.  Last year we raised $1,800 for Heroes on the Water! I want to beat that this year. Please open up your wallets and buy a lot of tickets, it goes to a great cause!  After the fishing there will be a potluck dinner and an awards ceremony. We will have a fish fry/taco feed so bring some fillets and a side dish, we always have an awesome feast! After the feast will be the awards ceremony.   .....THE POTLUCK DINNER AND AWARDS CEREMONY WILL BE AT THE CAPE ARAGO PAVILION AT THE VERY END OF CAPE ARAGO HWY ABOUT A MILE PAST SUNSET BAY ON THE SAME ROAD......   Schedule of events:  6:00 AM First Launch  2:00 PM Measure-in ends  5:00 PM Potluck Dinner  6:00 PM Awards Ceremony  All times are approximate except the measure-in.  It is gonna be a fun one this year, see you all there!

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Thanks, Ling Banger.  All registered now, I think.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon

C_Run

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Signed up myself and the Mrs. again and hoping for calmer waters than last year.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I can't remember if I already signed up or not...  ???

Coosbayyakker, are you monitoring this channel?  ;D