Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:52:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Looking for some help pulling our chapter trailer  (Read 4097 times)

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
So, we are in need of a new location for our chapter trailer due to some circumstances that were already discussed on here. 
Heliumhead was nice enough to offer up a parking spot at his place for the time being (thanks Rudy) but with my truck in the body shop (don't ask) I'm not able to pull the chapter trailer.  I can move it ok on mostly flat ground with my Cherokee but pulling it up and over the coast range worries me.
I was wondering if someone would be willing to help a chapter out and pull the trailer for us.  Unfortunately it needs pulled from Garibaldi to Cornelius Pass Rd area.

We are still trying to find a place to keep it on the coast but if we can't find a place then we will need the long haul done.

Thanks.
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
If the trailer has a long enough tongue for me to pull it with my outback in the bed of my truck, I could do it next weekend.

Or if there is a spot on the trailer for my outback, it would work also.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
If the trailer has a long enough tongue for me to pull it with my outback in the bed of my truck, I could do it next weekend.

Or if there is a spot on the trailer for my outback, it would work also.
I don't know about carrying it in the bed of your truck but there is room for you to slide it in between the chapter boats on it's side.  I've carried my Oasis and my Outback like that a few times.
Ray
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I never realized your Cherokee only had a 2000 lb towing capacity, I at least figured 3500.

Isn't your the Rubicon Unlimited trim?  If so the towing capacity should be closer to 3500 lbs. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:33:40 AM by INSAYN »

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
I never realized your Cherokee only had a 2000 lb towing capacity, I at least figured 3500.

Isn't your the Rubicon Unlimited trim?  If so the towing capacity should be closer to 3500 lbs.
It is an Unlimited but it wasn't setup for towing.  I put on a hitch and plug but if something happens to the transmission while towing the warranty won't cover it because it wasn't setup to tow from the factory.
Ray
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon

It is an Unlimited but it wasn't setup for towing.  I put on a hitch and plug but if something happens to the transmission while towing the warranty won't cover it because it wasn't setup to tow from the factory.

What does the trailer actually weigh loaded?

Does your warranty specifically have in print that you CANNOT tow with it as it came from the factory without the towing package? 
Meaning that you would have to purchase a factory tow package to be able to tow up to the factory prescribed tow rating.
I would highly doubt that is the case. 

If it has a generic tow rating from the factory and the trailer is within this weight limit you are good to go. 
Also, your transmission will be fine especially for such a short distance, and even if it something did go wonky, they cannot void your warranty for towing within its prescribed limits.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon

Does your warranty specifically have in print that you CANNOT tow with it as it came from the factory without the towing package? 
Meaning that you would have to purchase a factory tow package to be able to tow up to the factory prescribed tow rating.

If it has a generic tow rating from the factory and the trailer is within this weight limit you are good to go. 
Also, your transmission will be fine especially for such a short distance, and even if it something did go wonky, they cannot void your warranty for towing within its prescribed limits.
Just going by what the dealer told me.  I'd have to look at the warranty to see what it specifically says.  I'm sure they were completely truthful and not trying to sell me something more.  They wouldn't do that.

If I have to pull it myself I can, I've done it before, it's just the coast range that I'm worried about.  Just thought I'd see if there was anyone else that might be more suited for it that was willing to help out.  Thanks for your input though.
Ray
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon

Just going by what the dealer told me.  I'd have to look at the warranty to see what it specifically says.  I'm sure they were completely truthful and not trying to sell me something more.  They wouldn't do that.

If I have to pull it myself I can, I've done it before, it's just the coast range that I'm worried about.  Just thought I'd see if there was anyone else that might be more suited for it that was willing to help out.  Thanks for your input though.

Dealers can't be trusted with what they "say".  Always ask them to show or put that kind of stuff in writing.  It will quickly weed out the BS they use to up sell you more options.

You know I'm more than willing to do the towing for you, but I didn't want to let your Jeeps off the hook too easily.  ;)

What does the trailer weigh loaded for the trek over the hill?

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
My memory don’t work too good anymore but it was between 2100 and 2700 because if it had brakes the Outback could tow it 2000 no brakes 2700 with brakes for my wife’s ride.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

trbro04

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
HI Guys,

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee that has the towing package and the capacity to tow the trailer easily.  I live by Murray Blvd and Hwy 26, so close to Corn Pass.  And I happen to be bank fishing on the Wilson this week (planning on Tuesday) to start scouting the upcoming kayak drifts on the lower Wilson.  I would be happy to pick the trailer up and transport it if still needed.

Thanks,

Tim
971-300-1166

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Thanks, Tim....hope that can work out for the North Coast HOW chapter to have you haul the trailer to be stored.  Much appreciated!

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
Thanks Tim...

I'm still working on a place for the short term on the coast but if that falls through then I will let you guys know that volunteered if we will still need your help.  I should know for sure tomorrow.
I'll keep you all posted...
Ray
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2015

Dealers can't be trusted with what they "say".  Always ask them to show or put that kind of stuff in writing.  It will quickly weed out the BS they use to up sell you more options.

You know I'm more than willing to do the towing for you, but I didn't want to let your Jeeps off the hook too easily.  ;)

It IS in writing. Inside the door or under the hood there should be a sticker with the GCVWR.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon

It IS in writing. Inside the door or under the hood there should be a sticker with the GCVWR.

Yep.
That will tell us the same thing that I said earlier. 

It will say what the vehicle is rated for xyz, but it will not specify that a "towing package" is required  to meet this specification or the warranty will be voided.  That was my point.

Salesman try to up sell products and use the "void warranty" card to hook you. Easy enough to have them show you in formal writing that something will actually void a warranty.  They either produce you a copy of said specifics, or they back pedal and try and try to save face.

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
Thanks to all of those that volunteered to help us out with this put I was able to secure a spot on the coast for our trailer at least for a couple of weeks.  Without having to pull the trailer over the coast range I feel more comfortable pulling it with my Jeep.  That will give us time to try and find a more permanent spot on the coast.  That will give the shop time to hopefully finish my truck too.  Hopefully this all comes together.

Thank you everyone.
Ray
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge