Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:48:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Howdy from North Bend!  (Read 1368 times)

PNW EOD

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
Hey everyone, I just thought I'd get on and share a little bit about myself in hopes of getting some insight and hopefully a fishing buddy or two. My name is Connor, and I recently got home after serving in the Army as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician for the last 4 years, 3 of which were in Germany. I have worked in the Fly Fishing industry for a few years before my service, and am back in the Industry as of now. I am a full time student, but find plenty of time to get out and fish. I fished out of a kayak for the first time in 2014 while stationed in Florida, and I basically lived out of a Hobie Revo 13 for that year. I have fished offshore, inshore, and freshwater out of a kayak, but I just purchased my first kayak here in WA. I am a new owner of a Hobie PA 14 with all the goodies. I have ample knowledge of gear and fly fishing for bass, trout, muskie, and salmon/steelhead in the freshwater. I bought a kayak to fish some new water, and spend more time in the sound chasing salmon, Lings, and cutthroat, as I have always been confined to a beach. I have already found some great information using the search feature, but I'm really looking for some first hand knowledge, and I would be more than willing to return the favor in some way or another. I hope you guys made it through this huge post about myself, and are willing to lend a hand. Please don't be shy! Be safe, and good luck out there!
"There are going to be good days and bad days. Bottom line." ~ James Mattis

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
Great to have another EOD member. Spent several years in the early 70s in the field. Will hope to say hello sometime but will be trading the northwest for residence in PA, leaving the first week of October. You’ll find great folks, great tips and fun times. Good luck.

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Welcome hombre.

Check out Heroes On the Water. To get on the invite list send an email to: NWest@heroesonthewater.org

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

kredden

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
Welcome Conner!  By North Bend I hope you mean North Bend WA and not OR?  If so I'm in North Bend as well with my Outback.  Been doing mostly lake fishing after trout and my new obsession, big Mackinaw.  Have gone out on the salt 3-4 times now trying to bag a Chinook or Coho but have nothing to show for it yet other than a small Ling and a Dogfish, been trying to find someone to go out with.

Kevin

PNW EOD

• Krill
Thanks for the Welcome everyone! Yes, I live in North Bend, WA. Thank you for turning me on to HOTW! I'd love to participate/help in any way I can. I'll be on the water a lot, since my school/work schedule is pretty relaxed this fall. If anyone wants to fish, just shoot me a message, and I can find a way to make it happen. I'd love to learn more about kayaking in the sound, as it is my weakest link.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

kredden

• Rockfish
I'm also trying to get some experience fishing in the Sound.  Went out of Golden Gardens this morning trying for some of those Coho but didn't do that great, this was the sum total of my catch.

Kevin

PNW EOD

• Krill
Kredden, I'm thinking about heading out tomorrow 9/21 if you are interested. I've got my stuff all lined up, but if I don't get any takers, I'm just going to head in to class.

kredden

• Rockfish
Where are you planning on going out of?  I didn't have any firm plans for tomorrow.

Kevin

kredden

• Rockfish
Never mind, I saw your post on the Golden Gardens thread.  It looks like the wind is going to be 7-8 mph.  I was just out there yesterday and there was very little wind, I think it was 2-3 mph.  By the time I left at noon it was getting a little rough and I was getting blown around and I found a weather history site for Ballard which says it was 5 mph with gusts to 7 at noon.

Given that, I wouldn't feel comfortable going out tomorrow.

Let me know.

Kevin
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 07:26:58 AM by kredden »

• Date Registered: May 2015
Welcome Conner...hope you like the PA 14, I enjoyed it.

Kevin

anything