Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:36:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Northwest Newbie  (Read 2634 times)

cobrakak76

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Hello! 

I have reciently been assigned to Ft. Lewis and I'm looking for someone to fish with.  I hope I dont come across as arrogant but I'm not new to kayak fishing ...just the northwest.  I am moving up from central/southern California and I have nobody to show me the ropes.  I have been fishing a few times around Ft. Lewis but 10" planters, 1/2# smallmouth and 2# largemouth are not doing it for me :P 
Dont get me wrong its a great excuse to fire up the Cuda and stretch out some 4# test.....but the tall side of my fishing rod rack is getting a bit lonely these days :'(   
I dont mind driving, Heck, I'll pick you up!....ok let me add.. "within reason" :o
Just tell me where we are going, what were fishing for and when/where to pick you up/meet you. 
Oh yeah one more thing...If I do end up picking you up please dont kill me >:D  I promised my 3 month old daughter I'd take her salmon shark fishing in Alaska one day....Thanks
Brian.

bigdood

• Lingcod
  • poormansheli
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Next time I'm back home in Puyallup I'll roll with you (my dad was Ft. Lewis as well, CW4), though I'll be the n00b to NW kayak fishing, but hell you've got a yak for me  ;D

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Welcome aboard Cobrakak!  I don't think there are any big fish up in Warshington.  You'll probably have to come on down to Orygun to put a bend in your big rods.   ;D

-Spot-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Welcome!!!  Guys, cobrakak76, is the "new" guy helping out with the Heroes on the Water program.  Please support him in any way you can.  Much appreciated.

-Allen

cobrakak76

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Hey Allen!
Yeah I made it into the site.  Thank you for the help.
I'm really exited about helping out H.O.W here at Ft. Lewis!  Things will start picking up soon.  I have been talking to the guys (wounded soldiers) everywhere I go and they are really psyched about it.  I'm lucky I'm in charge of the clinics that all the guys visit on a regular basis.  Once we iron out the details a little bit I plan to keep everyone here informed.  We will be needing alot of help from the comunity even if guy's/gal's just want to show up at one of the events to show off your rig ;D 

"nobody cares how much you know, unless they know how much you care"
 Don Swartz

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Sweet, glad you've joined us. When you find the right fisheries, you'll be using that 4# test to strap on the bait.

Best to ignore Spot. ;) Heck those Orygunners can't even get a lingcod into the top 3 and their seasons give them a 3 or 4 month head start. :P >:D

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
cobrakak.. welcome. i live just behind ft. lewis and have done the trout on a few lakes here. I am up for some lake time if you need a companion for that. i have a extera yak too but no paddle or PFD for it. And i have jumped on the band wagon with HOW also.

Marilyn
"Life is short lets go fishing"

• Don't ask me how I know!
  • Date Registered: Nov 2006
Finally, somebody who currently paddles a Cobra, welcome Cobrayak76!

Ft Lewis brings back great memories for my sister. She got to grow up on American Lake when my father was based there. I am so sick of stories of fishing out of the kitchen window and playing with the skiffs and outboards   :disgust: (I'm just jealous).  I was born on Ft MacArthur and I've got memories of,,,,,,well, I don't have any memories of anything. My father retired and Ft Mac is now a bunch of condominiums. ::)

The fishing up here (there) is,,,,different than SoCal.  I've said this before, but when I moved up to Portland from L.A., I thought I was a manly man because I could launch (and land) through 6' breaking surf. Then the Clackamas handed me my lunch on my first trip out. Two things: the water is COLD and they have this moving water thingy (current)
After that trip, the ocean in L.A. looked like a lake with bumps on it. You'll get used to it though and the people are great! (get a drysuit ;D )

ohhh, and there are fish to be had :thumbsup:
"For when sleeping I dream of big fish and strong fights"

anything