Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:22:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Went Salmon fishing all I caught was CRABS!  (Read 1213 times)

flying_tiger

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017
New to Kayaks, new to the PNW coast, out of Salem Oregon. Taken the "Yak" out 3 times so far in Lincoln City Area, been some of the best days of my life! I trolled for Salmon and dropped my crab pod and caught my limit of keepers, no Salmon, however. It's an amazing feeling being out on the water in my kayak kind of indescribable.

I appreciate all the tips I got off of the website before purchasing at next adventure portland. I'm very interested in joining in on the 2018 Rockfish season of Pacific City. I have been learning so much from the guys who post on youtube as far as gear and safety.
Rig:  Hobie PA 14, Lowrance, Shimano, Ugly Stik, Minn Kota Riptide, Next Adventure
Fishing Area:  Oregon Coast, Rivers, Mountain Lakes
Preferred Fish:  Salmon, Steelhead, Rainbows, Catfish

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
Welcome to the board!  What kind of kayak did you purchase at next adventure?  Pacific city is an amazing place and I am sure you will meet many kayakers on a nice day.

Great job on the crab. Did you launch from depoe bay?fogarty beach? 

You should introduce yourself to Casey. Him and his son Zach are both amazing fishermen. Casey seems to get on the water quite a bit and lives in Salem as well.

Hope to see you out on the water.
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

flying_tiger

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017
Welcome to the board!  What kind of kayak did you purchase at next adventure?  Pacific city is an amazing place and I am sure you will meet many kayakers on a nice day.

Great job on the crab. Did you launch from depoe bay?fogarty beach? 

You should introduce yourself to Casey. Him and his son Zach are both amazing fishermen. Casey seems to get on the water quite a bit and lives in Salem as well.

Hope to see you out on the water.

Thanks @zack.dennis I went to next adventure just to look, was looking for used drift boats on Craigslist and saw a Hobie Pro Angler 14 for private sale - couldn't make a deal, just went to look at them and next thing you know I'm headed back to Salem with it in my truck. Recently purchased two tandem pelican 180 for family and friends to use discovered a passion for kayaking, realized they are not set up for fishing as comfortable as you would want so I'm here now both feet in the water with this battleship of a kayak.

I toted the kayak across Taft Beach from the free parking area next to MO's.

I'm so profoundly enthusiastic about kayak fishing, I'll wake up any hour and drive to any location anytime within Oregon, Washington to land some fish!

I'm now working on my crate setup with standing rod holders. I got some cool ideas. I ordered some extra large yellow milk crates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rig:  Hobie PA 14, Lowrance, Shimano, Ugly Stik, Minn Kota Riptide, Next Adventure
Fishing Area:  Oregon Coast, Rivers, Mountain Lakes
Preferred Fish:  Salmon, Steelhead, Rainbows, Catfish

danr

• Perch
  • 2017 hobie outback
  • Date Registered: Nov 2016
yup, you swallowed the whole rig, hook,line and sinker, you are "HOOKED" for lfe, as was i early this spring, its amazing isnt it?
there are a lot of great people here, tons of knowledge, tons of fun welcome to the addiction!

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Welcome, fulltime retired and rving in Garibaldi 2 minuets from Tillamook bay. Hit me up if your headed this way and want to try salmon trolling the bay, can drop crab traps too. If I’m available I’ll go out with ya.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”