Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:07:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Anyone thinking about getting one of these?  (Read 2503 times)

bluewrx02

• Salmon
  • Facebook
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/10/geonautes-360-degree-sports-camera/#continued

Video looks cool and it says there is a waterproof case. I just think it would be cool to have it above you when fighting a fish.
2011 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2013 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place

2011 Hobie Outback     
2013 Hobie Revo 13     
2014 Hobie Adventure Island

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
That's pretty sweet!  I wouldn't mind having one.  You really could capture ALL the action with that thing.

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

bluewrx02

• Salmon
  • Facebook
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Yea I was amazed with the video when it said to click and drag to see more views. I was expecting that it would just change views, not merge all the video and make it a 360 view.
2011 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2013 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place

2011 Hobie Outback     
2013 Hobie Revo 13     
2014 Hobie Adventure Island

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Sweet, wonder how it would work with standard editing software.
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

KEELHAULED

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
Time to start saving, that thing is cool!
BentRod

Rockaway Beach Oregon

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net forever."
-Jacques Cousteau

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Now if it could just capture the entire light field like this camera, https://www.lytro.com/camera , you'd get 360 degrees at all depth of field.

-Allen

Romanian Redneck

• snoodleboob smoochy bear
  • Sturgeon
  • 2011 Hobie Outback & WS Tarpon 120
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Now if it could just capture the entire light field like this camera, https://www.lytro.com/camera , you'd get 360 degrees at all depth of field.

-Allen

This was voted one of the top gadgets of 2012. I think it's awesome. Playing with some of the pics on their website makes me want one. And they're reasonably priced. Now if only they could make a video version in a waterproof housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RR's Channel         

"You break into my house, I will shoot you. My wife will shoot you and then spend thirty minutes telling you why she shot you."
- Jeff Foxworthy

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006

-Allen

This was voted one of the top gadgets of 2012. I think it's awesome. Playing with some of the pics on their website makes me want one. And they're reasonably priced. Now if only they could make a video version in a waterproof housing.

If only those Lytro guys had any clue about Industrial Design.  How useable is holding a boxy tube in your hands?   I have no idea what they were thinking.  :dontknow:

-Allen

Romanian Redneck

• snoodleboob smoochy bear
  • Sturgeon
  • 2011 Hobie Outback & WS Tarpon 120
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012

-Allen

If only those Lytro guys had any clue about Industrial Design.  How useable is holding a boxy tube in your hands?   I have no idea what they were thinking.  :dontknow:

-Allen

Yeah the design is pretty weird, but strangely intriguing. I bet that was on purpose. Their site advertises that this camera should "change the way you think about photography".

RR's Channel         

"You break into my house, I will shoot you. My wife will shoot you and then spend thirty minutes telling you why she shot you."
- Jeff Foxworthy

gpope

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
That's pretty awesome! I'd be really curious to see how it meters for an exposure on a sunny day though. It may end up with a lot of dark exposures if the sun is always pointing directly into one of the lenses...

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
That's pretty awesome! I'd be really curious to see how it meters for an exposure on a sunny day though. It may end up with a lot of dark exposures if the sun is always pointing directly into one of the lenses...

Good thing we don't have to worry about that much in the Northwest.   ::)

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Can you guys stop posting all these toys!!!!!  It's killing me!!

That lytro looks awesome.  I actually like the tube shape.  Sure it's not a standard camera shape but a fuel injected inline engine looks nothing like a field full of horses either.  That said, I would love to add a swiveling pistol grip to it.  That'd give a whole new meaning to point and click.  ;D

-Spot-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

anything