Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: anglersinnovations.com  (Read 3383 times)

SwiftDraw

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009

Hello guys talked with a guy about a few of his products and they sounded intresting, so I thought I would present them here:

A LongLiner™ is a strike-activated release device that allows you to affix your sinker weight virtually anywhere on your fishing line. When a fish strikes, the LongLiner's trip mechanism releases and the LongLiner™ and sinker weight are released and slide down the fishing line to a swivel stop near enough to the fishing lure (or bait) that you can reel in the fish.

http://anglerinnovations.com/pages/longliner.aspx

He may be willing to let us try a few of his products, anyone game?

Chuck

Pelagic

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I'd try a couple for salmon trolling on the coastal bays.  As a guide I could give him some decent feedback on how they work from a yak over multiple trips. 

Jammer

• KayakFishingOregon.com
  • Sturgeon
  • Kayak Fishing Oregon
Those are awesome! Ndogg and I ran into the inventor of the longliner at this last NW Sportmans expo. When he heard that we were both fishing from kayaks, he thru us a couple each for free to try. It works really well. I was just starting to experiment with it and prawn spinners last June, but stopped thanks to the freakin river getting all backed up. I didn't get a chance to feel the fish triggered release, but really liked how it held it's position with very little drag. You set your depth by where you clip it to the line. You guys should take him up on his free demo offer. I really think these have a place in kayak fishing.
Let's fish!
• Stohlquist • Team Daiwa • Yakima Bait Company

2015 Hobie Fishing Team "Top Gun"
2012 Hobie Worlds Team USA - 19th place
2012 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2010 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place
2010 Cape Dis. Dungie Tourney - 1st place

KAYAK FISHING OREGON
www.youtube.com/jmrischer

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Those are awesome! Ndogg and I ran into the inventor of the longliner at this last NW Sportmans expo...

That was me you were with!   :D  Yeah, I still haven't put mine to use yet..   :BangHead:

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Jammer

• KayakFishingOregon.com
  • Sturgeon
  • Kayak Fishing Oregon

That was me you were with!   :D     :BangHead:

Sorry Rawk! I knew it was one of you  guys, but had it backwards.

Does anyone think there's any benefit to using these for bass this time of year in the willy? You could run a shallow crank bait deep. Possibly target walleye as well.
• Stohlquist • Team Daiwa • Yakima Bait Company

2015 Hobie Fishing Team "Top Gun"
2012 Hobie Worlds Team USA - 19th place
2012 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2010 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place
2010 Cape Dis. Dungie Tourney - 1st place

KAYAK FISHING OREGON
www.youtube.com/jmrischer

Pelagic

• Sturgeon

That was me you were with!   :D     :BangHead:

Sorry Rawk! I knew it was one of you  guys, but had it backwards.

Does anyone think there's any benefit to using these for bass this time of year in the willy? You could run a shallow crank bait deep. Possibly target walleye as well.

Yes, for sure!  Small crayfish pattern plugs in deeper water with a touch of current should be game on!  Just make sure to use light line on your weight dropper.

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
I think I am missing the point of the LongLiner.  It seems to just make your terminal gear trail farther back from the sinker.  Big deal.  If I want a longer leader, I'll use a longer leader.  And, taking it to an extreme, why would I want my sinker 40 feet from my terminal gear?
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

Pelagic

• Sturgeon
I think I am missing the point of the LongLiner.  It seems to just make your terminal gear trail farther back from the sinker.  Big deal.  If I want a longer leader, I'll use a longer leader.  And, taking it to an extreme, why would I want my sinker 40 feet from my terminal gear?

You are missing the point ;D   Sometimes a long leader is necessary.  For instance long leaders up to 8ft (sometimes more) are used when trolling herring for salmon. Landing a fish by yourself when the leader may be longer than your rod gets difficult to say the least, particularly out of a kayak.  I have never used this product and won't speak to its credibility until I try it myself, but the ability to run a long leader and then have the device slide down to create a manageable leader length while landing fish has my interest.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Sometimes anything near a bait/lure is not good.  People regularly run baits far behind downriggers.

-Allen

demonick

• Sturgeon
You are missing the point ;D   Sometimes a long leader is necessary.  For instance long leaders up to 8ft (sometimes more) are used when trolling herring for salmon. Landing a fish by yourself when the leader may be longer than your rod gets difficult to say the least, particularly out of a kayak. 

Ahh ... Thanks.  I get it now. 
demonick
DomenickVenezia.com

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I don't want to , but here's an example:

Yesterday.  Off the Wells Point oil dock.  Big pink on in 170 FOW, ocean tug towing an oil barge blaring their horn at me (for no reason - I WAS NOT a factor in their mooring to the dock), guy on the fan tail screaming something unintelligible, leader on the flasher and lure combined to be too long for the net, trying to peddle to make the tug happy, tossed the net down and wrestled the fish into the boat from the line.  Net gone.  Promar foldable.  Story continues and ends tragically.

Just playin' with ya D  ;)

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

demonick

• Sturgeon
I don't want to , but here's an example:
... Story continues and ends tragically.
Just playin' with ya D  ;)
No problem.  I deserve it.  The story continues ...

The f**cking sea tug is still blaring its horn, I am NOT a factor but still peddling to increase the distance between us.  The fish is flopping a bit under my knees.  The guy on the fan tail is yelling something I can't hear over the horn ... I'm flustered.  I'm looking around hoping to see the net in the water.  I forgot the NUMBER ONE rule of being a pilot - FLY THE PLANE.  No matter what is going on, no matter what distractions may be occurring, your first responsibility is to FLY THE PLANE.  I knew I was not a factor for the tug/barge I should have ignored them and simply LANDED THE FISH - calmly, like I have done many times before. 

Then I did one of the dumbest things I have every done.  I looked down at this beautiful, fat, chrome, 7# pink hen and removed the hook buried deep in the front of the boney upper palate.  The fish slid forward beside the mirage peddles and started wildly flopping.  I grabbed at it, it pushed against my hand, another grab, it flapped its tail against the peddle, slid through my hands and over the side it went.  All I was left with was a few drops of blood and some scales. 

Many expletives were emitted for a long time.  The guy on the fantail was still yelling unintelligibly.  Deserved or not he got flipped off. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:01:46 AM by demonick »
demonick
DomenickVenezia.com

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
This sounds like a great product (if it works).  I've always liked how sideplaners release and slide down to the swivel once triggered.  This does the same but as a "downrigger".

If i see one on a shelf, i might pick one up.
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
There is a similar concept that I've used up in BC when running spoons.  Run a large bead on your line with an egg sinker below it.  Between the egg sinker and your swivel run a 1" piece of surgical tubing.  Let your line out while holding onto the sinker and tubing.  When your line is the desired distance behind you, peg the tubing to the line using a "game peg" that fits snuggling inside the surgical tubing.  This holds the sinker in place.

When you hook up and reel in, just keep reeling through the bead/sinker.  The line slides through the surgical tubing no problem.

The one advantage the anglers innovations product has is that you can use a dropper if you are so inclined.  That would come in handy in the rivers/estuaries, but not needed in the ocean proper.

-Allen