Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 18, 2024, 07:40:17 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[April 18, 2024, 11:35:40 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Where are the Idaho kayak anglers?  (Read 9155 times)

reelmccoy

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Nov 2015
I moved to Idaho almost 2 months ago.  Prior to my move there were a number of actively posting kayak anglers in North Idaho, they seem to have disappeared?

I have been fishing regularly with Idahobrit, but have not seen any post from anyone else?

For my part, I fish a couple of days a week.  One of those is always on the Spokane River above the post falls dams ( I live close by).  Fishing the river has been lots of fun, the smallies are abundant.

I'm always interested in meeting and fishing with other kayak anglers.  PM me if you want company or you're always welcome to join me on the river.

Tight lines!
Todd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Date Registered: Aug 2015
I'm still saving up for a kayak(So I'm missing out) but have you checked https://www.facebook.com/groups/156492748083937/?

Honu

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
I'm in Medical Lake, which is only about 45 minutes away.  I'll fish with you sometime.
Scott

Outdoorguy1

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
I'm here in Boise let's fish I'm ready.

smilinkayaker

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
There are a number of us in the southern region of idaho, we all fish frequently!! Most of us post up on facebook as well, Snake river yak addicts is a group of close to 100 members, we all fish together any chance we get! Hit us up and we can meet up. Kick'n Bass Kayak Fish'n is putting on another event on August 13th at cascade reservoir, tamarack side.

Amik

• Herring
  • Date Registered: May 2015
I'm tucked away down in the southeast corner of the state. I haven't fished as much as last year but still try to get out once a week. Plan to see if I can shake up a few walleye and smallmouth this afternoon when the wife and I have our after church kayak date.

Wormkiller

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
I also live near where you normally fish. I just got my kayak a couple weeks ago. It's just a Pelican but I like it and have been enjoying adding fishing accessories. Do you launch at Quemlin Park? Was thinking that is where I would try the maiden voyage as it's close by.

reelmccoy

• Perch
It's good to hear from other Idaho Anglers.  To the ones in the souther and central part of the state, I'll post here if I'm headed your way.

Wormkiller, I do launch at Q'emlin quite often.  There are lots of smallmouth bass in the river.  Next time I'll PM you before I go.  If you plan to head out from there and want company, send me a PM.

IdahoSkies

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I think a lot of us are post shy.  We don't get out as much as we would like and so don't post as much as the other forums.

Murrica

• Herring
I am always up to go most days of the week.  I am in southwest Idaho though.
Team Alpenglow Mountainsport
Hobie Fishing Team

Rc4jw

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
I am originally from the Sandpoint area and will be (hopefully) moving back up there this summer. I'd be happy to go fishing with you when I get up there.  I'd love to go after some of those Lake Cour d'alene Salmon.  I am currently on a mission to catch a King from the ocean down here. I had pretty good one on last weekend but it wasn't meant to be and I lost it. I'm hoping to finally land one this week. If I do I will post some pics on here even though it is not local to the forum.

smilinkayaker

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
There is a good size group of anglers down in southern idaho.

reelmccoy

• Perch
its good to hear at least that there are active Kayak Anglers somewhere in Idaho!   There are two of us that meet up regularly up here to fish.  With the weather cooling off and the water temps falling, i expect to fish less, but I still expect to get out.  Particularly want to try for some of the chinook salmon in Lake Coeur D'alene.  Anyone in the panhandle looking for a fishing partner, PM me.

uplandsandpiper

Nice meeting you the other day!

reelmccoy

• Perch
Likewise!  Looks like we're headed to cocolala again on Sunday day.  Your welcome to join!

anything