Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 06:31:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:04:24 PM]

by jed
[Today at 04:56:16 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 03:57:54 PM]

[Today at 03:32:18 PM]

[Today at 09:43:36 AM]

[Today at 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

[April 02, 2024, 09:39:30 AM]

[April 01, 2024, 12:06:53 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Not all who wander are lost..  (Read 2729 times)

Hydrospider

Im in the reciprocity/relocation process to become a resident of Oregon. It had been my intent to move NW awhile back, but there were both career and estate opportunities that I needed to see through here in northern CA.  With a professional milestone reached and making the decision to sell my home, it is finally time. Considering Corvallis vs N Bend for work, so ill be delving into maps and NWKA lore while I make the transition. Anyway, Im excited about the move, exploring new water, and sharing adventures here.
Go Hawks

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod
  • Hobie Tandem Island, Hobie Outback
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
Welcome to NWKA. I moved from the cali bay area 31/2 years ago and am loving it here in north Idaho.. I also love the wealth on information and knowledge on this site. Again welcome.
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Said the water rat.  The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame,

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Happy to finally have you in the NW Hydrospider!

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Welcome to Oregon (almost).   I live in Corvallis, so shoot a message if you have any questions about the area. I might be able to answer them.  I usually wander often for kayak fishing, it doesn't matter if I get lost, maybe I am!  That's when the fun begins.

Hooper

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2010
You might consider the State of Jefferson. It has it all, and it's close to everything else.

rogerdodger

• Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • roger
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
  Im in the reciprocity/relocation process to become a resident of Oregon. It had been my intent to move NW awhile back, but there were both career and estate opportunities that I needed to see through here in northern CA.  With a professional milestone reached and making the decision to sell my home, it is finally time. Considering Corvallis vs N Bend for work, so ill be delving into maps and NWKA lore while I make the transition. Anyway, Im excited about the move, exploring new water, and sharing adventures here.
Go Hawks

good luck on the move, I fished the CoosBay/NorthBend area extensively in 2016, lots of options and fish to target, PM me and I'm happy to share what I have learned...cheers, roger

2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
You might consider the State of Jefferson. It has it all, and it's close to everything else.

He's coming from the State of Jefferson (depending on which definition you use).

-Allen

Hydrospider

The State of Jefferson suggestion threw me off too, at first. Then I looked at the map.
Right now, it does look as though that Corvallis is where I will end up working, so ill be focusing on that area to relocate to. Im excited to be so close to Depoe bay.
Thanks for the welcome/welcome back and the offers to help me explore the new water ways.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:59:10 PM by Hydrospider »

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
If your up for the Tillamook bay any of the rivers around or Pacific City I'll tag along if I can.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Hey Terry, so where'd you end up?  Either way I look forward to us fishing together bud!  We've had some good times together tangling with Clear Lake catfish the last couple years.
aMayesing Bros.

Hydrospider

Its great to see that you are going to be involved with the NWKA Chris!
Im still at the Clear Lake house for now and working hard to make my world ultralight and mobile.
It looks like the house will sell immediately with multiple people wanting to buy it before its been listed.
There has been a surprise career development with opportunities in San Diego that I have to consider.
Two Team Bridgeporters are down there,more $, warm surf, and Pelagic access demand a look at minimum. Im still pretty confident that my green and blue blood will keep me on the path North.
I saw your intro post and Yachats doesn't look far from Corvallis on the map.
Good times ahead.

Some unfortunate news. "The Park" is in a tight spot and more rain is on the way.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:55:46 PM by Hydrospider »

Clayman

• Salmon
Your Lakeport digs is freakin' awesome, so I guess I'm not surprised by all the interest in it.  San Diego would be pretty sweet!  Definitely warmer and drier.  It's not that cold here at all, but there's a ton of rain.  I totally don't blame you for looking into SD, but if you end up in Corvallis, you'll only be 1.5 hours away from Yachats.  So far I'm digging it up here and I've hardly even scratched the surface.  The number of streams and rivers in close proximity is unreal.

Holy crap, I heard CL was high but I never imagined it'd hit the deck at Richmond.  I hope the damage is kept to a minimum!
aMayesing Bros.

Hydrospider

Just when you think your plan is going to come together.....
The Corvallis destination has become questionable for the job position.
It was the spot that would have put me the furthest north, not too far from the coast, and access to rivers. Southern OR still has spots for me in NorthBend, Klamath Falls, and Roseburg.
Im still doing a site visit with the N Bend program next month, but I am also going to check out a new opportunity that could change my direction.
 BISHOP CA        90 minutes from Bridgeport! 
Needless to say that my teammates would be stoked if I made this move instead and my strong interests in fishing steeper creeks in kayaks could make this spot a deal sealer.

If I do decide to live in the eastern sierra and delay moving NW (again), I would still like to be involved here with the NWKA.
I have come to believe that it is important to contribute in the online community that covers your geographic area. The advantages are obvious. STILL, Id rather be here.
I find the on topic focus, wisdom shared, and overall integrity of those contributing, superior to other site experiences.
I'm hoping that my warm welcome back is still valid and there is interest in my adventures.

Im still on the very challenging mission to make my world mobile. I was down to 3 kayaks and a SUP + gear and then a kayak came back home. SO, 4 kayaks, SUP, gear, and a little red dog. Putting the collectables in storage and then.......I just have to decide which trailer.  Any experience with the rugged teardrop world is welcome.

The orange one comes in Seahawk green.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:02:50 PM by Hydrospider »

Hydrospider

Sold the house, changed job locations, and moved to the Eastern Sierra.
Now it begins.   Ive been gathering the maps and resources to delve through this winter.
Im also scouting the Owens from the air at every opportunity.
AND, now that I have secured a residence and finally starting to complete the unpacking process, it's time to get on the water.  I will be kayaking without fishing gear initially and probably won't fish until next season, but I thought I would wrap this thread up with a few shots of the Owens.
Im living about 5 minutes from a put in and still working on shuttle arrangements. Until then, a few Team B-porters are trying to get together here before the weather turns for a scouting trip.

reports to follow
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 02:15:34 PM by Hydrospider »

Clayman

• Salmon
I'm obviously bummed the Oregon thing didn't pan out, but I'm sure Aaron and Scotty are stoked to have you close by.  Congrats on the successful landing Terry.  I hope our paths cross again someday!
aMayesing Bros.