Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:56:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: finanly got my outback!!!  (Read 2881 times)

danr

• Perch
  • 2017 hobie outback
  • Date Registered: Nov 2016
after drooling, dreaming, window shopping,impatiently waiting for the last five months, finanly got my kayak today, 2017 outback, my kids are making fun of me sayin im a 50 yo kid and that im way to excited and better calm down befor i have a heart atack, tried to explain it to them but they just dont get yet, i guess there to young still, but damhic more wating for dry suit and all the rest of the gear, luckily it all should be here by next week. wooohooo :banjo: ;D ;D ;D

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Well???  Pictures???!! ....or it didn't happen  ;D

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
Congrats on the new yak.  What color did you get?  I love that new camo color. 
My kids laughed at me too but now when we go to the lake they are fighting over who gets to use the Hobie.   😊

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

danr

• Perch
  • 2017 hobie outback
sorry no pics as of yet, camera took a crap and then cell phone camera went last week , figured the yak and gear was more important but rest assured i will post some pics soon.
i got the yellow one, going to upgrade the rudder, add the rectangular hatch, rubber mesh pouches and of coarse a scotty twist lock rod holder and a lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan transducer.

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
sorry no pics as of yet, camera took a crap and then cell phone camera went last week , figured the yak and gear was more important but rest assured i will post some pics soon.
i got the yellow one, going to upgrade the rudder, add the rectangular hatch, rubber mesh pouches and of coarse a scotty twist lock rod holder and a lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan transducer.
Excellent!  👍  Sounds like a fishing slaying machine to me. 
Gotta love that "Yum Yum Yellow"  [emoji6]

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

yakbass

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
Great plan but do reconsider the elite 5ti. I have one on my thresher and anytime you get a drop of water on the screen the cursor comes on and screws with the display. You have to wipe the screen and then hit the cursor button. Not sure touch screens are ready for kayaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danr

• Perch
  • 2017 hobie outback

[/quote]
Great plan but do reconsider the elite 5ti. I have one on my thresher and anytime you get a drop of water on the screen the cursor comes on and screws with the display. You have to wipe the screen and then hit the cursor button. Not sure touch screens are ready for kayaks

well i will have to deal with it cause its alredy in the mail on its way ???

Engine357

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Jan 2017
I'm right there with you! I pick up my Camo edition at the Kayak Shed Thursday. Couldn't walk away from the Portland Sportsman Show discount. 👍🏻

yakbass

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015

Great plan but do reconsider the elite 5ti. I have one on my thresher and anytime you get a drop of water on the screen the cursor comes on and screws with the display. You have to wipe the screen and then hit the cursor button. Not sure touch screens are ready for kayaks

well i will have to deal with it cause its alredy in the mail on its way ???
[/quote]
Aside from the wet screen thing it has been great. Get a good battery it's thirsty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tromburg

• Plankton
I hope that is not the case with all 5ti's. I've mounted my new one on my 17 Camo Outback. I got both in November and still have not had it in the water yet due to the weather.
It sounds like we're on the same path. I just got my rectangular hatch delivered today from AKC.

Another month and I'll be fishing on the Columbia for Spring Kings. Can't wait!

Come on summer!!

SteveHawk

• ORC
  • Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Could not help myself. Bought a new camo version Outback at the Sportsman's show last week.  Just finished setting it up. A couple of pics.

I really like the Lowrance, Hook 4 fishfinder GPS combo.

Wobbler
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:36:14 PM by Wobbler »
"if you aren't living life on the edge, your just taking up space"  Thom Rock

Green Outback, Blue Revo

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
My first kayak was camouflage-patterned.  On the river one day with a partner in an identical kayak - but in a solid color - we watched when she'd drift into a pool and the fish would get a-twitter, but when I'd drift in, they'd swim for their lives.

Did it at least a dozen times and it was always the same, whether I entered the pool first or she did.  Has anyone else noticed that?

I have a theory that the boat's dark/light camouflage pattern was what started the panic.  Great for hunting, maybe not so much for fishing in freshwater.

Maybe not.  She was ten-times the angler I am - and maybe because fish liked her.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

SteveHawk

• ORC
  • Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
I would have to say that your experience was opposite of what most would say as conventional thinking. Camouflage is supposed to break up the the lines of an object. However, the shape of your kayak and the lighting above you can elicit strange behaviors from the denizens below. 

My friend and I, who both had green Hobie Outbacks would get bumped violently by sturgeon in the Swan Island basin. Other people with different colored Outbacks would not even get a tap. Our best guess is color and shape triggered a territorial response. It happened so often we stopped fishing that area.

I have to say that you have given me something to ponder. Will have to design an experiment that will test the effects of camouflage on fish...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 04:46:38 AM by Wobbler »
"if you aren't living life on the edge, your just taking up space"  Thom Rock

Green Outback, Blue Revo

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Congrats on the new Outbacks!  Seems our local Hobie dealers did quite well with the Sportsman Show this year.

Steve - when I saw Hobie announce that camo color Outback, I definitely thought of you... Looks like it's ready to get wet!

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Could not help myself. Bought a new camo version Outback at the Sportsman's show last week.  Just finished setting it up. A couple of pics.

I really like the Lowrance, Hook 4 fishfinder GPS combo.

Wobbler

Looks awesome!! That camo color is quickly becoming my coveted color for next boat purchase.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

anything