Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:44:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Greetings from Salem, OR  (Read 1171 times)

schaney

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Hi,

Been kayaking on and off for 20 years but still haven’t fished from one.

Bushy from Kayak Fishing Magazine suggested I join and share about a new product I’m rolling out.  I own Compact Camping Concepts, been in the business of supporting DIYers built compact camping trailer for 10 years. 

I’ve designed a simple bracket system, making it easy for DIYers to build sturdy racks for their trailers.  Hauling kayaks is one of the things I believe the rack system will be good at.

Right now, I’m looking for some local folks, I’m in Salem, OR, with trailers that they would like to put racks on.  I would be using the trailers to work out details on how-to do different types of racks for hauling kayaks.  In return, you would get a discounted price on parts and more or less free labor. 

Let me know if this is of interest to anyone

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011
  Welcome to NWKA schaney,

For the life of me ...I can not understand how anyone could be (just) kayaking for 20 years and not have tried fishing from said vehicle. But to each their own I guess :laugh:

Bushy was probably correct about there being a lot of DIY'ers on this forum. There are many here. Does your Compact Camping Concepts actually build compact camping trailers or do you just find/have the parts and sell them to people to put together themselves ? Many members on here have built some beautiful units the rest of us just drool over.
 The bracket system you have designed---is that just the bracket or should I say base for various racks that are available from say Thule ,Yakima, and several other vendors ? Or have you designed an entire system ? If so , I'm sure we have people who might be interested.
  Have you even tried this 'system' out yet ? Say ...if I brought my trailer to your shop in Salem you could install your bracket system and some racks to hold my kayaks on my trailer ? Turn-around time of roughly how long ? Is it possible to put this system on one of your Compact Campers ? Turn key unit---that could be sweet. I'd be a happy camper. Especially with a discounted price on some parts and more or less free labor.

Good luck on your endeavor to sell some on NWKA.

Ohhh.... if you would ever like to bust that NO FISHING cherry off a kayak---- give a shout out on here. We have many kayaker/fishermen near Salem. I'm sure several would be happy to take you out and teach you a few things.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:15:21 PM by Mark Collett »
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Uh... Not to be a troll, but didn't we just chastise someone for joining NWKA to try to sell product(s)?

I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Uh... Not to be a troll, but didn't we just chastise someone for joining NWKA to try to sell product(s)?
+1

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012

That guy got roasted unfairly, lets try not to do that again.  He never did respond to my PMs either.  His trailers are closer to me being in Grants Pass.  I'm still in the market for a trailer too.

Bushy is a friend of ours, Bushy sent this guy here.  Let's all chill out for a minute.

schaney

• Plankton
Mark,

I know, sounds strange, if halibut swan in Waldo lake, would have been kayak fishing a long time ago  ;D  Thanks for the offer on getting me out, at some point.

I build some ready to roll trailers but my focus is selling “complete” DIY solutions.  By complete, I provide a recipe and parts to make sure peoples DIY projects are successful. 

Yes the new rack brackets have been fully tested and are in production for DIY builds.  It can be used on a wide range of trailers.  What I’m doing now is exploring different rack applications for creating turn-key solutions.  You build the rack base using the brackets which was designed so Thule / Yakima accessories can be used on them.   

Right turnaround time would be 2-5 days.

Here is my personal trailer with one of the racks

schaney

• Plankton
If I'm breaking the rules, please let me know.  Thought it was ok, based on the invite from Bushy

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
That guy got roasted unfairly, lets try not to do that again.  He never did respond to my PMs either.  His trailers are closer to me being in Grants Pass.  I'm still in the market for a trailer too.

Bushy is a friend of ours, Bushy sent this guy here.  Let's all chill out for a minute.

No, no!  I agree with you 100%, but if someone's going to light a match, might as well get it over with.  That guy didn't respond to my PM either, and I, too, have been searching for a trailer.  At least schaney is up in Salem where my kids live and I might have a chance to meet up with him...

...and maybe steal his trailer!  That's mighty close to what I've been searching for!
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

schaney

• Plankton
Here are a couple of kayak hauling rack examples I came across which would be easy to build with the rack brackets.  Also a close up of the brackets.