Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:22:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: NCKA long timer  (Read 1290 times)

Hojoman

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
I have been registered here for a long time but never got around to posting until now. I have been thinking about making another cross country road trip, this time via the northwestern states, across the northern states, before reaching my destination in the Deep South...weather permitting, of course. Will probably visit with friends in Portland, Seattle, and various parts of Idaho. Interested in seeing what species of fish you are all catching up here that I don't often seen in California.

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I have been registered here for a long time but never got around to posting until now. I have been thinking about making another cross country road trip, this time via the northwestern states, across the northern states, before reaching my destination in the Deep South...weather permitting, of course. Will probably visit with friends in Portland, Seattle, and various parts of Idaho. Interested in seeing what species of fish you are all catching up here that I don't often seen in California.
Welcome Hojoman does that mean we will see the California fish and game Q&A here as well  :banjo: just kidding, if weather and waves permit we need to get you out at PC and in the Tillamook Bay

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Other species that you aren't used to in CA are yellow perch, walleye, and bull trout, plus Oregon has a great cabezon fishery (retention July-December). Pacific halibut out of Neah Bay is a bucket list fish for me.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Welcome Hojoman, when or what time of year are you planning a trip?

Hojoman

• Plankton
Welcome Hojoman, when or what time of year are you planning a trip?
If the trip happens, it will be in May or October...probably not this year. Always good to avoid the bad weather, especially the tornadoes.  :)

Hojoman

• Plankton
During my 2014 trip, I was dodging wildfires, tornadoes, and extensive flooding of the Mississippi river in the South. GPS was useless during the flooding.

Hojoman

• Plankton
Welcome Hojoman does that mean we will see the California fish and game Q&A here as well  :banjo: just kidding, if weather and waves permit we need to get you out at PC and in the Tillamook Bay
I did try to find the Oregon version of the Q&A's, unsuccessfully so far.

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
I did try to find the Oregon version of the Q&A's, unsuccessfully so far.

Oregon regs are pretty straight forward. Washington, on the other hand, is similar to California's catagory 5 clusterf@$k

surf12foot

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Welcome aboard. Love your Q&A's on the NORCAL site.
Scott