Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:04:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jed
[Today at 01:45:57 PM]

[Today at 12:21:09 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 11:35:40 AM]

[Today at 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

[April 02, 2024, 09:39:30 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Anchorage and Homer fisher  (Read 1074 times)

beautysmistress

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
Thinking to try fishing from a kayak. I Keep a small boat in Homer in the summers but the kayaking looks like a great new way for me to try fishing :) Going to try to make the seminar at Alaska sportsman show..
 Flash

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Thinking to try fishing from a kayak. I Keep a small boat in Homer in the summers but the kayaking looks like a great new way for me to try fishing :) Going to try to make the seminar at Alaska sportsman show..
 Flash

Welcome!  The kayaks have proved to be an amazing investment for Alaska fishing. I have a21ft center console with a 150hp that I haven't fired up since 2011.  Hmm...mt parents have a river skiff wth a 35 hp four stroke that hasn't been started in just as long. 

The kayaks for me have replaced the float tubes for Mat-su lakes, a pontoon and drift boat for the upper, middle and lower Kenai, and a ocean worthy boat for lower Cook Inlet,  I;ve hammered cohos out of Resurrection Bay and valdez.

Still so much water to be covered,  I am 0 for 3 trying big Lake Trout out of Lake Louise.  But I am always there during the peak of Summer which I hear is the most difficult.  But I can't wait to hook a monster laker out of there 

Hope you can make one of the seminars!  Please introduce yourself.  We have a great group here in Alaska with everyone willing to help out since we are ALL noobs!  lol.
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

AKFishOn

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015

Still so much water to be covered,  I am 0 for 3 trying big Lake Trout out of Lake Louise.  But I am always there during the peak of Summer which I hear is the most difficult.  But I can't wait to hook a monster laker out of there 

AK Trapper and me were discussing a possible early ice out trip up to Louise for lakers.  Shoot, bet I could get my wife out on that trip as well. ;-)
"If your hands ain't bleeding, you ain't fishing hard enough!"

AK Trapper

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
AK FISH ON - I'm still up for it!  As soon as we hear a report of ice out on LL...

AKFishOn

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
AK FISH ON - I'm still up for it!  As soon as we hear a report of ice out on LL...

Right on!
"If your hands ain't bleeding, you ain't fishing hard enough!"

Klondike Kid

• Lingcod
  • The Eagle Whisperer
  • Alaska Outdoor Journal
  • Date Registered: Sep 2016

Just bookmark the Lake Louise Lodge webcam page and you'll know the instant its open water. BTW, they are trying to sell the Lodge this year. Time to retire I guess. My buddies were just up there a week ago.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Take a Kid Fishing and Hook'em For Life!  ~KK~