Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:20:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Kayak Cart  (Read 4927 times)

Soda Fish

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
I'm thinking of buying a new kayak cart for my Hobie Revo 13. The use would be for the sand. I'm thinking of getting either the Hobie Trax 2-30 or the Wheeleez cart. Any thoughts on either would be welcomed. Thanks!

Fungunnin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Wheeleez is hands down the best beach cart out there! Yes you need to strap it down but you can put it on the cart solo with the kayak fully loaded.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
What Bill said!

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Soda Fish

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
Fantastic! Appreciate the feedback.

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
https://wheeleez.com has a 20% off code right now. Use holiday20 at checkout.

I ordered a set of Tuff Tires so I can roll around boat ramps easier and save my balloons for the beach.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
I looked at the Wheeleez and worried about eventual wear and tear on the tires with the rough stuff (gravel, sharp rocks, shells, etc.) that I sometimes pull my kayak over and also those big tires are a pain to stow on the kayak. I also don't like the way that straps are used on the Wheeleez compared to the C-Tug cart. I went with the standard C-Tug cart instead since it breaks down so quickly and easily to stow on the kayak, as well as the better strap setup. That had been working fine until I tried to drag my kayak through the soft sand at Shilshole Bay on Sunday after a long day of fishing. That was a royal pain due to the normal wheels being so small and just digging into the sand. I immediately order the Sandtrakz wheels for the C-Tug cart that are supposedly equal to or better than the Wheeleez 240mm tires and almost as good as the big 300mm tires. I should have those Sandtrakz wheels on Friday and I hope to get to test them out very soon, so I'll be able to provide feedback. Here's a link for more info.

https://www.c-tug.com/products/sandtrakz-4/

I can say for sure that for my uses the C-Tug cart is a much better design than the Wheeleez cart. The only nice thing about the Wheeleez cart is the big balloon tires. The rest of it is just the same cart as the cheap carts. If the Sandtrakz wheels for the C-Tug cart don't make me happy, I'll probably end up going down the path of adapting the C-Tug cart to the Wheeleez tires like everyone did before the Sandtrakz wheels were available.

AKFishOn

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
[quote author=JasonM

I can say for sure that for my uses the C-Tug cart is a much better design than the Wheeleez cart. The only nice thing about the Wheeleez cart is the big balloon tires. The rest of it is just the same cart as the cheap carts. If the Sandtrakz wheels for the C-Tug cart don't make me happy, I'll probably end up going down the path of adapting the C-Tug cart to the Wheeleez tires like everyone did before the Sandtrakz wheels were available.
[/quote]

If the SandTrakz don't work for you, Chris Parson and his team at The Kayak Fishing Store have a conversion kit to add Wheeleez to the CTug.  http://thekayakfishingstore.com/product/tkfs-mullet-miller-cart/
http://thekayakfishingstore.com/product/tkfs-mullet-miller-cart-conversion-kit/
"If your hands ain't bleeding, you ain't fishing hard enough!"

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
  • A bad day of fishing is still better than a good d
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
I have had my Wheeleez form many years now (10 I am guessing) and it has never given me an issue. beach sand to rocks, hot pavement, salt water, and fresh no issues with it. I have dragged both my Hobie quest, and my GF's Walden on top of it without issue. 
US Army & Army National Guard Veteran of 34 years
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
The polyurethane Wheeleez balloons don't seem to wear at all.  I've been sporting one set since 2008, and another since 2010.  No issues ever.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
The polyurethane Wheeleez balloons don't seem to wear at all.  I've been sporting one set since 2008, and another since 2010.  No issues ever.
I got you beat.  2004

There you go!  Time tested and proven worth the money.   :icon_thumright:

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
C-Tug. Easily broken down and stored. Easily repaired. Just low profile compared to the beach buggy wheeled ones.

BTW, ACK has a clearance sale going on now. Mostly discontinued stuff but some over stock too. One thing I noticed was balloon tires for yak carts. Also saw a few Viking kayaks pro fish , a few OK Tridents I  the mix as well.
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
It is interesting - and confusing - that the Wheeleez website says they are made in America but their own picture shows wheels labeled "Made in China."  https://wheeleez.com/product/wz1-42ub/  Interestingly, I can source the same sized polyurethane 16" balloon wheels for $30 a pop from that same country. Hmmmm...

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 05:38:35 PM by craig »

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
  • A bad day of fishing is still better than a good d
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
Like everything the Wheel Eez had to go to China to have the wheels made to be cost competitive. 
US Army & Army National Guard Veteran of 34 years
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Like everything the Wheel Eez had to go to China to have the wheels made to be cost competitive. 

But who are they competing with?   I have not seen any other brands selling comparable wheels that are not sourcing them from Wheeleez.  Unless Hobie has now got smart and cut out the middle man.  You could find a small town off an Interstate Highway, or rail line, in middle America and set up an injection molder, pay employees $10 an hour and they would be happy.  You would still turn a nice profit at those ridiculous prices.  You can buy a lawn mower made in America that has multiple moving parts for half the price. It is all about profit.   Also, now I see they do not claim "Made in America." They do say designed in America and the special rubber is made in America.