Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:36:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: thanks to ORC sponsors and volunteers!  (Read 4775 times)

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Thank you to everyone who pitched in to make ORC X a smashing success!

BSteves ran a tight ship as tourney director and everything ran like clockwork. Craig did a great job coordinating the sponsors and folks took home a lot of awesome gear. SumpNZ orchestrated a delicious potluck and Insayn did a killer job on the fish fry crew.

Thanks to AquaGlide for donating the kayak! Sherm and his grandkids are going to have a lot of fun on that baby. Thanks to Kayak Shed, Next Adventure, Daiwa, Willie's Custom Rods, and the rest of the sponsors for supplying the great prizes!

Also thank you to Hogg's Tackle and Lancer Jigs for the on-site service and great deals making sure everyone had what they needed to be successful on the water.

Thanks to all the competitors who turned out and shelled out generously for the raffle. It was a very successful night of fundraising for Neighbors For Kids in Depoe Bay and Heroes On the Water.

See you all again next year!

PS - I had a few people inquiring about the price of the custom jigging rod from Willie's Custom Rods if they were looking to purchase a similar one. He said that they run $110 and they are available in spinning and casting models. He is out of Corvallis and his contact email is: outdoorsman2158@gmail.com. You can also find him on Facebook.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:10:44 AM by Ling Banger »

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
it was great all the way around.  Thanks bsteves and to all the others that make this happen. Tight lines.

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
You guys are awesome! It's an honor and a privilege to be able to get out there and participate in this event. Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
I counted the pile of money in my dry bag and when I include the $10 kayak tickets everyone bought as part of their registration we raised a total of $2303 last night from the raffle.  I'll be writing a $1150 check to Neighbors for Kids and sending two $575 PayPal donations to HOW  (designated for pdx and oregon north coast chapters).

Thanks again to Aquaglide and all our other sponsors. 

I'd also like to thank my son Owen for waking up at 4 am to help at the weigh station all day.  He's made me promise to try harder to get someone else to run the tournament next year so I can take him out and help him win it.

I have a bunch of photos, angler rankings, and catch data to process, but a bit exhausted right now.  I'll get that up as soon as I get some rest.

Brian

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:19:51 PM by bsteves »
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Awesome job brian I for one know it's not easy to run a tournament. Hopefully some of our HOW Chapter members can help out next year.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Some other great sponsors that need to be thanked are McKay Shrimp and Crab Gear, Angler Innovations, VIP Outdoors, Onyx Outdoor, and, not only did Lancer and Hogg's hook us up (pun intended) with mobile tackle sales, but they provided some generous donations.  I hope they are back again next year!

As Lingbanger said, thank you all for coming and making it a success.  Also thanks to Skidplate, SamM and the Insayn Fishing Team for helping check folks in and out and for all the others that stepped in took volunteer roles.  What is weird, is I was so busy I did not take a single picture which is very unlike me.  I hope someone starts a photo thread. Thanks.

• WS Commander 120, OK Trident 13, Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Just got home and still have perma-grin it was great time fishing camping and eating. Thank you sponsors and everyone that has worked so hard to put this together.!
Better to keep ones mouth shut and presumed a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
<Proverbs>

bluewrx02

• Salmon
  • Facebook
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
there was a Girl Scout convention or something with yelling and screaming all night.

There was a bunch of coyotes howling Friday night. Sounded like someone was getting murdered.

Thanks Brian, Craig, Andrew, Insayn, Ryan, and others that helped! It was great seeing and hanging out with everyone again and meeting new members too.

I also enjoyed helping with the checkout early morning. Everyone I marked off was well prepared and courteous. I'm happy that nobody fell in the drink this year!
2011 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2013 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place

2011 Hobie Outback     
2013 Hobie Revo 13     
2014 Hobie Adventure Island

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I want to thank all you all that put in the time and effort to make it another successful event. 

More importantly I think Mother Nature needs a big round of applause for providing us all with as perfect conditions as anyone could ever ask for out of Depoe Bay. 

Totally stoked that our charitable friends from Neighbors for Kids will again get another fat check to help keep the doors open and the activities available for them.  Such a perfect group to help out.

The sounds that those coyotes made was intense.   :o

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Coastal Chief

• ORC_Safety
  • Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
Hey all..what was the name of the fish bag with the inflatable ring in it from the raffle?

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Hey all..what was the name of the fish bag with the inflatable ring in it from the raffle?

KayakShed donated that and it's called an IceMule ProCatch.

https://www.kayakshed.com/product-brands/icemule-coolers/ 

I have one and they're great, but I don't put rockfish in mine.   While the inner liner is very tough.. i'm not willing to test it on rockfish spines.  I do use it for lings, cabs, and especially salmon.  I put an ice pack or two in it at home and it keeps cool all day for putting fish in.  When I head home from the water (2 hr drive) and if I have fish, I'll stop and get a bag of ice and through that in there for good measure.
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Coastal Chief

• ORC_Safety
  • Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017

I have one and they're great, but I don't put rockfish in mine.   While the inner liner is very tough.. i'm not willing to test it on rockfish spines.  I do use it for lings, cabs, and especially salmon.  I put an ice pack or two in it at home and it keeps cool all day for putting fish in.  When I head home from the water (2 hr drive) and if I have fish, I'll stop and get a bag of ice and through that in there for good measure.
Thank you for the info.  I am looking for an alternative to the game hook and that looks pretty slick.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and I am so glad the weather was as beautiful as it was.

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014

Thank you for the info.  I am looking for an alternative to the game hook and that looks pretty slick.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and I am so glad the weather was as beautiful as it was.

On the battle ship you got just get a big o'l igloo cooler you got about as much deck space as power boat.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Thank you to all organizers, volunteers and of course the sponsors. I managed to make out with several hundred dollars worth of awesome raffle items with only $50 in tickets purchased, making me Mr. Unpopular, but considering I spent $200 the year before and didn't win anything I think I had it coming  ;D
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
I put rockfish in my ice mule with no ill effect.  They are tough. Your mileage may vary of course.

And yes thanks to all the sponsors and organizers for a great tournament!