Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:09:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: What do you tell your wife/husband?  (Read 3116 times)

PetitPoisson

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017
Well this has been an expensive week...  still have a few more small items to go before it settles down.

So what do all of you tell your significant other?

All I know for sure is that the next time my wife hits me with "I just bought 3 more pairs of shoes".  My response is going to need to be something along the lines of "no dear, don't tell me what they cost, they are lovely"

Oh, did any of you know that in order to operate a VHF, you need to have a license.  Yesterday was my first evening of a 3 evening course in order to obtain that license.

Hobie Oasis (Le Phoque)
Hobie Adventure Fish (yet to be named)

Dan_E

• Lingcod
  • Formerly known as Indyflyer
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Oh, did any of you know that in order to operate a VHF, you need to have a license.  Yesterday was my first evening of a 3 evening course in order to obtain that license.

Must be a Canadian law?  I'm not aware of a license in the US for marine VHF radio.

C_Run

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Of course, in marriage there needs to be balance. For example, my wife is taking her mom to Maui for 10 days in February for her birthday and I'm not going. Not invited. All well and good. Steelhead safari!! Yess!! Yess!!

PetitPoisson

• Rockfish
I don't know about the US.  Turns out, if a person is caught using a VHF up here without a license...  they can be fined!  Exception being in the case of an emergency.

The course is $95 and 3 evenings spread over 3 weeks.  You write the exam at the end of it.  Then you get a temp licence and receive your permanent licence about 6 weeks later (assuming you passed the exam).

...I'm not going. Not invited. All well and good. Steelhead safari!! Yess!! Yess!!

That cracked me up!
Hobie Oasis (Le Phoque)

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I tell her exactly how it's going to be and I'll buy whatever the hell I want !!!!!  :happy1:  As long as it's ok with her  ;D

Look at it this way it doesn't require routine "$$$" maintenance like a power boat. After the initial price tag cardiac arrest, dirty looks, cold shoulder, and lack of night time exercise  ;) , and the storm has passed. Remember it's good honest exercise (not as good as nighttime) and you get to kill your own meals.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

PetitPoisson

• Rockfish
Haha Mojo, "as long as it's okay with her..."  I try to live a very similar lifestyle.  I just seem to fail a bit at doing so.

She just asked if I was going to go fishing this weekend...  then she hit me with "it's nice to see you spend money on yourself for a change"?!?  OH CRAP!  Did she really have to say that?

The last time I spent a lot of money on myself.  She came home with 6 pairs of designer shoes/boots  :o.  Granted, I did buy a motorcycle without discussion on the matter (the deal was a brutal lowball that was accepted.  At that point, I didn't really have time to discuss it).  In my excitement, I texted her a picture of our son sitting on it after we loaded it into the box of the truck "suprise" (to paint this picture a little cleared... wife and daughter were in another Province for a funeral at the time).  That was poorly handled on my part.  I can admit that!  :D
Hobie Oasis (Le Phoque)

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
My hunting partner did the whole buy it without discussion in a new Camero let's just say it wasn't pretty and cost him a little.

Shannon

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
My wife and I have a $500 open buy policy.  If it's over that then we have to discuss it, but I still end up buying it anyways [emoji16]
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
My wife and I have a $500 open buy policy.
Like the fishing regs  :police:, it's all in the interpretation, $500 paid once a minute and repeated three times buys a $1,500 kayak and stays in the zone, right?

gnomodom

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
My wife and I have a $500 open buy policy.  If it's over that then we have to discuss it, but I still end up buying it anyways [emoji16]

We have something similar, but it is mostly at our discretion. I pinged her before buying the hobie, or when I flipped, broke a rod and lost a few items that I thought were properly buttoned down. With her, it is kind of similar. We also just talk to eachother if one of us feels like we are spending too much in the month.

PetitPoisson

• Rockfish
Apparently she has decided to take our little guy over to the mainland for a concert in a couple months.  I admit, I thought it would be shoes...  haha!

I'm usually pretty tight with my money.  So this months expenditures have taken me waaay out of my own comfort zone.  She's actually been very good about the whole thing.  Then again, I have every intention of targeting Halibut next season.  I don't know what the rice of Halibut is where all of you are from...  It won't take too many fish to recoup my costs in this endeavour.

Our little guy had soccer this morning.  After the game, I spent the better part of the day tinkering with the boat.
Hobie Oasis (Le Phoque)

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Don't ask, don't tell.

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Cash back at the grocery store.  Offer to buy groceries to "save her a trip."

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
It usually starts as" Hon, how's the budget ? I'd like to buy something.." if it's above @ $200.00.

Sure, we're TINKS [ two incomes, no kids] but we watch every penny.
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
It usually starts as" Hon, how's the budget ? I'd like to buy something.." if it's above @ $200.00.

Sure, we're TINKS [ two incomes, no kids] but we watch every penny.
DINK = double income no kids....get it right ! DINK
Also DINKWAD = double income no kids with a dog! I worked with one of them that had a big black 4X4 jacked up with all the extras plus monster tires and wouldn’t drive it on a gravel road  ::) also a corvette that wouldn’t leave the garage unless it’s sunny and over 70 degrees  ::)

Shannon

anything