Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:56:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Ryumeister signing in...  (Read 2504 times)

Ryumeister

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
I am currently running a 2017 hobie outback with a 180 mirage drive. And I love the new reverse system and stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klondike Kid

• Lingcod
  • The Eagle Whisperer
  • Alaska Outdoor Journal
  • Date Registered: Sep 2016
Thanks everybody.  This is my first real post. And I hope I can fish with you all. And learn more about kayak fishing from these forums.

Heheh, I was wondering how long you could hold out before becoming an active member of the boards. Perhaps a bit of fatherly encouragement?....and I'll bet he bribed you by paying your AOTY entrance fee. LOL And a new smartphone too.  ;)

As you know I've followed you since you were a little squirt, so its nice to see you become a leader in your hobbies at this age. The videos of your accomplishments are a great incentive for lots of other young anglers to realize their own potential. I just loved the Barbie rod halibut handling the fish and harpooning at the same time. Even the big "kids" could have failed on that one.

Time for you to hook up with a big saltwater king along Whiskey Gulch that's headed for the Kenai this spring. Keep those hooks sharp!

Looking forward to fishin' with ya!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Take a Kid Fishing and Hook'em For Life!  ~KK~

Klondike Kid

• Lingcod
  • The Eagle Whisperer
  • Alaska Outdoor Journal
  • Date Registered: Sep 2016
Ryu has been super well rounded. He ties is own gear, now lands his own fish, and he is a very proficient halibut filleter.  Now its forum participation, photo uploading, and the rest of the scary world of the world wide web.  I figure this is about as safe of a place to start as any. 

So thanks in advance to everyone and I hope he gets more and more active as time progresses and becomes an asset to this board. 

Savor every moment Dad! You have a few more good years before the hormones kick in.  ;) I've seen some master junior anglers in their day suddenly realize there are other "hobbies" more inviting at around 16. They eventually work through the temptations, some sooner than others. Ha.

P.S. As soon as ice out hit on the Kenai in Soldotna the other day there were seagulls flying the open water which is totally unusual. Either there is going to be an early smolt outmigration or perhaps an early hooligan run. Or perhaps an early caddis hatch. Saw two flying around the front yard this morning.  The lower river is still froze over at the Pillars and Eagle Rock.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Take a Kid Fishing and Hook'em For Life!  ~KK~

smilinkayaker

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
Nice!!! I've read and seen alot of my 12 year old Hobie Team mate! Good luck with all the different species, doesn't seem like there will be much trouble finding a good selection where your at!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
We have not been out fishing much no thanks to the weather and family schedule.  But Ryu makes a nice appearance in the March issue of Alaska Magazine.  Hasn't hit the shelf yet but hopefully I can link to it once its out.  Folks with a subscription should have gotten it already.
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

anything