Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:32:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:01:18 AM]

by Doug
[Today at 06:48:19 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

by PNW
[April 17, 2024, 03:57:54 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

[April 02, 2024, 09:39:30 AM]

[April 01, 2024, 12:06:53 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: AOTY 2018  (Read 10299 times)

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Similarly, I plan to catch 10 species, but my total goal is higher as I personally want to catch 10 new species.  I think the best part of the AOTY challenge is getting out to new water for new species that I wouldn't try otherwise.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Someday, when I get time, I'll make a 2018 sponsors thread, but until then for all you who are already fishing:

Notice the new SUP category/challenge. One of my goals is to register some fish in the SUP division. And another goal I have is to actually place in the fly division. We'll see...

C_Run

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Well, the competition is perking along nicely with some early catches. How's about some more warm bodies sign up, though. Only 21 to date.

I tried real hard to get ten species last year but failed to get any salmon or a keeper ling from the kayak. I found out you can win a prize for tiny fish, though, so don't go leaving money on the table by not taking pictures of every fish! I'll probably get on the water in April after my quixotic quest for steelhead runs its course.

Drifter2007

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
I just paid my entry fee, 1st timer for AOTY! I will start submitting some fish soon to win my prize!
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!

IdahoSkies

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Tried to sign up last night.  I paid and received my paypal receipt but I'm having problems getting through the sign up on the page.  It wont move past the "sign up" fill in page, and I have not received a confirmation email.  My daughter and I are heading out this afternoon and were hoping to add some catches.   

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Tried to sign up last night.  I paid and received my paypal receipt but I'm having problems getting through the sign up on the page.  It wont move past the "sign up" fill in page, and I have not received a confirmation email.  My daughter and I are heading out this afternoon and were hoping to add some catches.

If you paid you'll be able to register your fish when you're able to get on. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be letting you past that page; I know it has worked recently. PM me if you continue to have issues. Maybe try a different device.

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Any catch after you've paid will be honored, I think Brian aka bsteves just needs to confirm payment and set the login to active. Just get out there and catch some fish and we'll backdate the active date of your user to when you paid. Tight lines.

IdahoSkies

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Great thanks.  Leaving work now and hope to do more than drown bait.

Jrob

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Aug 2016
Ummm, just went to enter a fish on AOTY, and the only state on the drop down menu was... California?  Weird.  Ill try again later.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 04:26:16 PM by Jrob »

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
Ummm, just went to enter a fish on AOTY, and the only state on the drop down menu was... California?  Wierd.  Ill try again later.

I see the lake trout that  jpodyssey just entered also shows Cal and it should be Oregon.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

Coulee kayaker

• Herring
  • Date Registered: May 2016
I entered 3 fish on Monday, they show pending. Did I do something wrong? It was my first entry, just want make sure I did it correct....
Thanks,

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
I entered 3 fish on Monday, they show pending. Did I do something wrong? It was my first entry, just want make sure I did it correct....
Thanks,

You likely did it correct.  It will show pending until one of the AOTY admin can verify that the fish was legal to take and verify the size.  Sometimes it will take up to a week.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

Coulee kayaker

• Herring
  • Date Registered: May 2016

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Brian just updated the NCKA AOTY site to the same the new one here. The California glitch is probably related to that I’d guess.

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Thanks,
Approved! Sorry for the delay, I was putting off reading the 137 pages of WA regulations.