Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:50:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:41:14 PM]

[Today at 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 07:22:33 PM]

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: BCS III Prize Donations  (Read 5328 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Nitta Fishing Innovations sent a Nitta Bait Harness and Front Rig for the event. He has also sent a sample of their Live Bait Zips. The kayak fishing guys are killing the pelagics as well as inshore game with Nitta gear in Hawaii and around the world. I plan on trying the Live Zips on greenling and rockfish this year for monster lings. Check out their site at www.nittafishing.com/shop and be sure to hit the Testimonials/Videos to see some sweet underwater action. Thanks for the donation Gye. www.facebook.com/nittafishing/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 08:59:29 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Big Hammer sent a ton of Mini Hammer Swimbaits for the captains bags. This size works for crappie and panfish and are a great finesse bait for bass when they get picky. The larger version does really well in the Ocean for rocks, lings, and cabbies. I also had success with the Ring Hammer Swimbaits for walleye last year. Great action on these plastics. Thanks again for the donation Pete. Find their complete line of lures at www.swimbait.com and stay up to date at www.facebook.com/bighammerlures/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 08:56:59 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Happy to have Fillet Away Fish Mats send two Fish Mats to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout III. Fillet Away is a local company that makes fish cleaning easy and a lot safer. The rubber pegs keep your catch in place while you're working and clean up is a quick wash down with the hose. These mats are very durable and can be rolled up to save space which is always a plus on a kayak. Thanks for the donation Conan. Make your life a little easier at www.filletaway.com

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
SP Gadgets will be sending a box of goodies for the prize table this year. SP Gadgets make smartphone and action camera holders, mounts and accessories for every application from personal fitness to vehicles. I can't wait to see what they send and will post up as donations arrive. Visit www.sp-gadgets.com to find a mounting system that will work for you or look for their gear at local sporting goods retailers. Thank you Xylena, the donation is greatly appreciated.

Update:

SP Gadget sent a big 'ol box of gear.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 08:57:42 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
The Waters Edge RV Resort in Cascade, Idaho will be donating a weeks stay (M-F) to the event again this year. The Resort is located on the Payette River where it enters Cascade Lake. The area is beautiful with lots to do in town but I would recommend fishing for giant yellow perch in the lake. Thank you for the donation Bettye. Plan a get away by contacting Water's Edge at www.watersedgervpark.com

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Shelta High Performance Sun Hats sent a Camo Pheonix Sun Hat with detachable Shade Mullet. These hats are top of the line when it comes to comfort and durability. The bill is reinforced to stay put in high winds and the overall design really takes being active in to consideration. This is a great hat. Thanks for the awesome donation Jurgen. See the specs on the Pheonix and all of their other models at www.sheltahats.com
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 08:58:34 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Stealth sent some of their innovative Quick Release Rod Holders for the event this year. I've been using these rod holders for a while for everything from still fishing for catfish to trolling for salmon. They are a great rod holder option that will fit perfectly to your style of fishing. Thanks for the continued support Jason and Cari. Find Stealth's expanding line of gear at www.stealthrodholders.com
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 04:41:04 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Bob's Jigs donation just arrived. These Jig's are really popular across the US with serious crappie fishers and are made just a few miles away from Hewitt park in Richland. That's about as local as you can get. Be sure to order some of these crappie jigs for the event or stop by his little shop on the way down. Thanks again Bob. www.bobsjigs.com
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 04:41:39 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Work Sharp will be sending a prize donation for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout III. These are quality knife and tool sharpeners that are made right here in Oregon. The Combo Sharpener was a hit on the prize table last year and the Guided Field Sharpener was much appreciated. Thank you for the continued support Taffy. If you are looking for a great tool sharpener be sure to check out www.worksharptools.com

Update: The Work Sharp Combo and Guided Field Sharpener just arrived for the prize table. Work Sharp makes a superior sharpener and we are stoked to have a great Oregon company back on board this year.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
I'm happy to announce PETZL will be sending a couple items to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout III. I remember switching to PETZL headlamps for night fishing many years ago. The technology that went in to these lights were well ahead of what we were using at the time and I am happy to see them continue to produce quality gear. Thanks again for the donation Jay. In addition to making great head lamps, PETZL is a leader in producing commercial safety and recreational climbing gear. Their products can be found at local shops or online at www.petzl.com

Update. Thank you Petzl for the great prize donation. Up for grabs are two TIKKA Hybrid 200's with matching Noctilight cases. Included in donation are some Julbo sunglasses. www.petzl.com/US/en

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Stoked to have Ram Mounts joining the prize pool this year. Ram Mounts produces an impressive amount of top quality gear that's locally made in the Seattle area. Their innovative line of products work off of a versatile ball and socket system that allows you to customize Ram gear to your specific needs. With an ear to the kayak fishing community, Ram Mounts is sure to have what you are looking for. Visit www.rammount.com to find a complete list of products. Thanks for the support Brad.
Prize items:
RAM-Rod HD Rod Holder. Comes with rail mount base, extension arm and GoPro compatible mount for some really unique take down video.
Ram Roller Ball Paddle and accessory holder. This handy holder comes gear mount ready.
Ram Tough-Pole. This is a track mount for action cameras. Come with base. This is what you need to get the perfect video or still pix of your next kayak fishing adventure.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Bi-Mart just donated a $20 gift card for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout III. Bi-Mart has everything you need and more. I have been noticing the store here is stocking fishing new brands of fishing gear. I already hit them first whenever I need tackle and I'm stoked they are mixing up their selection. Gotta love the local support. Thank you Susan. Check out their sales online at www.bimart.com or hit a local store. Do it on a Tuesday and you may get lucky.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
I'll just leave this right here

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
HydroKaddy will be sending a prize to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout III. If you are planning multi day trips or just need more storage space for the day, Hydro Kaddy is your solution. They have 35 liters of storage, are water tight, and tows easily behind your kayak. Thanks again for the great donation Ryan. Find the color that matches your rig at www.kayakkaddy.com

Update
Hydro Kaddy sent a sweet white Kaddy for the event this year.