Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: OFFICIAL ORC 2012 ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 42659 times)

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Llllllllet's Get Reaaaaaaaadyyyyy
to Rummmmmblllllllllle!

I'm happy to announce that we have a green light from the City of Depoe Bay and the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office to hold the
OREGON ROCKFISH CLASSIC!!!

1st place takes home a new Trident 13 from Ocean Kayak!!!!

Prizes include Kokatat Bahia PFD, Kokatat Paddle Shirt, Werner Paddle, AT Paddle, $25, $50 and $100 gift certificates from Hook1 and much much more!!!

Other ORC2012 Prizes and Swag Generously Provided by:

More Sponsors to be Anounced!!!

Date:  06/16/2012
                Headquarters:  Chinook Bend Campground
http://www.chinookbend.com/

The good folks are Chinook Bend are excited to have us back.

*For those who choose other accomodations, there'll be no charge for stopping by to sign in or attend the Awards Banquet.

If you've never attended an ORC event, and especially if you've never been on the salt, you owe it to yourself to sign up.  It's like a riverside family reunion culminating in an ocean fishing contest and awards potluck.  There's usually a lot of gear and rigging-idea trading.  For those new to the ocean, there are many of old salts ready and willing to help out.

ALL COMPETITORS MUST:
- FILL OUT AND SIGN A WAIVER BEFORE HITTING THE WATER!  If you haven't signed a waiver, you're not competing.
- WEAR IMMERSION GEAR APPROPRIATE TO OREGON COASTAL WATER TEMPS
- CARRY A SIGNALING DEVICE
- WEAR A PFD
- FLY A SAFETY FLAG
- PROPEL THEMSELVES TO AND FROM THE FISHING GROUNDS (HUMAN POWER ONLY)
- CARRY A VALID OREGON FISHING LICENSE
- CARRY AN OREGON INVASIVE SPECIES PERMIT
- ACTIVELY SEEK TO MINIMIZE IMPACT ON POWERED VESSELS (at the launch and on the water)
- FOLLOW ALL DEPOE BAY REGULATIONS FOR ENTRY TO AND EXIT FROM THE HARBOR DURING THE CONTEST
- FOLLOW ALL ODFW REGULATIONS APPROPRIATE TO THE AREA
- ALL FISH MUST BE AT THE WEIGH IN STATION BY 2:00PM
- ALL ANGLERS MUST CHECK IN AT THE WEIGH IN BOOTH AFTER THEIR RETURN (We will hunt you down if you do not)

NO FISHING IS ALLOWED IN THE CHANNEL BETWEEN THE BELL BUOY AND THE HARBOR ENTRANCE!

Look for the Sign-Up button on the NWKA Home Page

Contestants:
                 Spot                                                                   jpcrowley80
                 Romanian Redneck                                             bluewrx02
                 Craig                                                                  ndogg
                 Sumpnz                                                              Ling Banger
                 OlySpec                                                              Daveo
                 Fish 'n Brew                                                       TXPaddler
                 Hobiedave                                                          Ou
                 Sailfish                                                               Indyflyer
                 Noah                                                                  polepole
                 Justin                                                                 rawkfish
                 Zee                                                                    browneysvictim
                 Rory                                                                   TenaciousB
                 upnorthtex                                                          DeaFish
                 INSAYN                                                               Ravdakot
                 micahgee                                                            DTS
                 sherminator                                                         waterman
                 islandson671                                                       PNW
                 Roland                                                                Lee
                 h_chris_e                                                            Marie
                 The_Nothing                                                        Fungunnin
                 Loren                                                                  Jfek
                 Zinger                                                             pelagic paddler
                 goldendog                                                            CBY
                 langcod                                                                Geoff

Check back, there's more info. to follow.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:57:03 PM by Spot »
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
2012 ORC 5th Place

micahgee

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Sweet!!!

I just want to say thank you to Spot and everyone else involved in making this happen. Last year was my first ORC and it was a blast. Hope I can make it again this year

“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org

OlySpec

• FatYakker
  • Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
In and very excited.  Looking forward to the details.

Hobie Pro Angler
FatYakker's Journey - http://fatyakker.blogspot.com

“It is a crime to have amphibious power and leave it unused.”

— Winston Churchill

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
If I have any chance at AOTY, I'll need to attend this event :)  Just gotta save up some gas money :(
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Reminds me of my all-time favorite movie.  :P

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
And so it begins...

Hells yeah!!
PSP Squirrel, Hells Yeah
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:23:37 PM by Zee »
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

revjcp

• Sturgeon
  • Don't judge me...
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Malibu Mini-X

Formers Rides...
OK Trident 13
Hobie Outback

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Sorry, Lingbanger.

After having you staring at me with those sultry eyes from the "picture of the month" photo for the last couple weeks, I had the urge to waste 2 hours of my life doing this  8):

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Sorry, Lingbanger.

After having you staring at me with those sultry eyes from the "picture of the month" photo for the last couple weeks, I had the urge to waste 2 hours of my life doing this  8):

LMFAO

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

fishnut

• Salmon
  • 1st Recipient of 2012 A$$hat Award
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Ling Banger and Craig. You guys crack me up. I'm ready to fish and share a few cold ones with you guys and the rest of the crew. I'm in this year and just bought a new tent to house my crew, Yakchik and Cody. Can't wait!!!

fishnut

• Salmon
  • 1st Recipient of 2012 A$$hat Award
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
LFMAO??? Help me out Dino.

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Ling Banger and Craig. You guys crack me up. I'm ready to fish and share a few cold ones with you guys and the rest of the crew. I'm in this year and just bought a new tent to house my crew, Yakchik and Cody. Can't wait!!!

Hmmm...Now that I see your avatar, your face could have easily been integrated into the photo.  ;D 

I'm always down for a beer.  See you there.

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
LFMAO??? Help me out Dino.
Laughing My F@#kin Ass Off..O:-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.