Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:49:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout ll sponsor donations  (Read 7327 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Those Bob's Jigs were the cats meow last year.  I was just going through my box last week and putting together a list of what I needed for the season this year and that went on my "replace/refill" list.
Thanks Daniel happy to hear they worked for you. Bob is back in Richland and he may be opening a little shop there. I will try and get down to the Powder River arm and do some "scouting" and try out his new jig designs. Hope you can make it out this year.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
I am happy to say that D&B supply will be donating a Mini Mag light to the BCSII this year. They are a great store that carries just about everything you need. Get a jump on Spring projects by walking in to one of their stores or visiting www.mydbsupply.com
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:28:49 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Orion Safety has sent a Kayak/Paddle Sport Signal Kit for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout II. Being prepared is crucial to any sport but especially true for kayak fishing. Orion offers many products that aid in emergency situations on land or water. Visit www.orionsignals.com to find an addition to your emergency dry bag. Thanks for the support Bob.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Sawyer Products has sent an assortment for the BCSII. They produce a variety of products from sunscreen to personal water filters. The Sawyer water filters are perfect for multi day hiking/kayaking trips or to carry in your emergency dry bag along with their first aid kits. Their products are available at many sporting goods stores or at their website www.sawyer.com. Thank you Travis for the great donations.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Nitta Fishing Innovations will be participating with the Brownlee Crappie Shootout II again. These rigs are very versatile for rigging many types of dead baits. They are coming out with new lead designs and weight options that are proving deadly for pelagics from boats and especially from kayaks. They should work nicely for ocean salmon trolling. They also have a Live Zip that I will try out on lingcod this summer. Thanks for the support Gye. Visit www.nittafishing.com to find the rig that brings dead baits back to life.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Wheeleez has sent a Kayak Cart Beach to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout II. If you ever plan on carting your kayak over sand or any rough terrain, I suggest you consider a Wheeleez Beach Cart. Last year I experienced first hand how ineffective standard cart wheels are in soft sand. After struggling with my cart in the sand for a while, I looked over to see a fully rigged kayak literally floating past me. I already felt pretty useless but the worst part was that it was Mark that was strolling his way to the water. After some negotiations he agreed to come back for my kayak. Those carts are pretty amazing. Thank you Jessica for the great donation. Find ways to make your kayak trek much easier at www.wheeleez.com

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Lancer jigs will again be donating prizes to the BCS. If you plan on doing any ocean fishing, I can personally vouch for their effectiveness. They are also rumored to be deadly in deep fresh water lakes. Thanks again Terry and Tony for the local NW support. Terry has added new colors to the line up this year as well as having extra bodies available for purchase. Get your orders in early by visiting www.lancerjigs.com

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Sorry for flooding the posts guys, I'm not going to be able to post for a couple week and wanted to have the sponsors covered before then. Thanks.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
MPOWERD/Luci  has sent the BCS II 3 Inflatable Solar Lights. 2 clear and one frosted. We used these last year for camping and they were a pretty slick product. They are compact enough to fit in camping gear and even in an emergency bag for your kayak. They inflate and are solar powered. The ones we used at 2016 ORC lasted well into the night and was strong enough to illuminate a fair sized area for the neighbors that staggered into the camp site. Hanged 3 of them lighted the entire campsite. Thank you Joshua for the support. Find these and other great lighting ideas at www.mpowerd.com

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Mack's Lures will be joining the Brownlee Crappie Shootout II this year. This local Northwest company has been offering innovative gear for over 40 years and we are stoked they have taken an interest in kayak fishing. I have been using Wedding Rings and Double Whammys to catch fish for years. They are deadly out of the package or you can customize to catch a variety of species. Thanks for the support Bob. www.mackslure.com has a huge selection of lures for anything you're after. It also contains great articles and helpful tips.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Vexan/Tackle Industries has sent the Brownlee Crappie Shootout II a sweet crappie rod to give away. It's rated at UL 7"2' 2-6LB but after playing with it a bit I would have no problem using this rod to go after bass as well. It's a one piece so the taper is nice with a solid backbone. However, the fast taper tip and neon green finish makes detecting the slightest crappie bites much easier. Thanks for the support James. See their full line of rods and baits at www.tackleindustries.com

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
NRS has sent a L/XL Chinook PFD for the BCS II. This is the exact PFD that I have been using for years and I have total confidence in its ability to keep me upright and afloat. The multiple pockets are perfect for keeping gear, phone, camera, and licences separated so I don't inadvertently drop anything while a pocket is open. The High Back feature makes leaning back in your seat comfortable. Thanks for the North Idaho support Mark. Their website www.nrs.com has a huge inventory of kayaking accessories for you to choose from.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Oregon Trail Garlic will be donating a few garlic sampler packs for the BCS II raffle. They are located in Eastern Oregon but will ship order to just about anywhere. They offer a good variety of different types of garlic from gourmet to bulk and even seasonal scapes. See what they offer at www.oregontrailgarlic.com Thank you OTG

This prize will come in the form of a gift certificate as garlic will not be dug until June/July. I will arrange shipment or personally deliver.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
I'm happy to report that PRO-CURE will be sending a prize pack along with samples for the BCSII. The panfish magic worked, well magic, on crappie and perch last year. They make flavors for every species and it's always fun to mix scents to make a unique blend. My dry suit has a healthy coating of bloody tuna and sweet craw. Hit their website pro-cure.com to see whats new and purchase their scents at a sporting goods store near you. Thanks for the continued support Annette and Phil.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 06:15:39 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Big Hammer sent some crappie size swim baits for the BCSII. I love the diversity of these swim baits. I went from catching lingcod and cabezon one day to bass the next with the same baits. These smaller sizes should work great for pan fish and dropshot for bass. Thanks for hooking the guys up Pete.

anything