Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:03:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:21:38 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[April 18, 2024, 11:35:40 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Oregon Rockfish Classic 2017  (Read 14517 times)

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
2017 NWKA Oregon Rockfish Classic
15th July, 2017
Depoe Bay, Oregon

The 10th annual Oregon Rockfish Classic will take place on July 15th, 2017 at Depoe Bay, OR.  Proudly the largest kayak fishing tournament in the Northwest, the ORC always creates a spirit of friendly competition and camaraderie for the kayak fishing community. 

Date: July 15th, 2017

The good folks of Chinook Bend Campground are excited to be the tournament headquarters again this year!

*For those who choose other accomodations, there'll be no charge for stopping by to sign in or attend the Awards Banquet.

Chinook Bend Campground is located at 2897 Siletz Hwy, Lincoln City, OR 97367
If you plan on camping please contact Chinook Bend to make a reservation and mention you are reserving for the ORC.

Targeted species for this tournament are lingcod, cabezon, rockfish, and greenling.   Weigh in will be held at Depoe Bay.

There will be many more details (rules, sponsors, price, etc...) to follow and, as in years past, various threads regarding this event will be started. The rules and a list of sponsors will be up soon, this initial post was done so people could plan ahead. 

The rules and other information will be similar to last years event (http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=17843.0), but we do not want to start accepting money until they are finalized and posted. Thanks for your patience and for all the support in years past.

Sponsors:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:13:48 PM by craig »

smokeyangler

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
Glad to see this great news!  Thanks to everyone for making this happen. 
2014 Hobie PA 14
2015 Hobie Outback

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Awesome!  Looking forward to July 15th!
aMayesing Bros.

bluewrx02

• Salmon
  • Facebook
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Yay! Time to check the vacation calendar and take off
2011 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2013 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place

2011 Hobie Outback     
2013 Hobie Revo 13     
2014 Hobie Adventure Island

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I'll see if I can make it.  ;)

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
O hell yes! Just booked the cabin at chinook bend! Thanks to all that make this happen!!! C u all out there.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 10:44:14 AM by dampainter »

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I will say that 2016 was the most organized and well communicated ORC on the books (IMHO).
And even though we did not get out to fish on game day due to ocean conditions, my son and I had an absolute great time with all our old friends and new friends alike.  I'm really looking forward to a similar quality event for 2017.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Looking forward to it!

Just curious, why July 15 instead of July 8?  Not complaining at all, just wondering.
2012 ORC 5th Place

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Looking forward to it!

Just curious, why July 15 instead of July 8?  Not complaining at all, just wondering.

Was wondering the same, my office is shutdown for the week of the 4th so I was looking forward to ORC for that week off. The next weekend is fine though.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Looking forward to it!

Was wondering the same, my office is shutdown for the week of the 4th so I was looking forward to ORC for that week off. The next weekend is fine though.

Yeah the 8th happened to be more convenient to me too, but the 15th will work. I just have to change some plans 

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Has this event ever had a full roster? What is the largest number of people who've fished this? Is there a chance of the tournament filling up and a person, or people not getting to fish it? Just curious
I'm really excited to fish this tournament for the first time! Even though we didn't get to fish last year it sure was nice meet some of you, in addition to winning a pretty fair amount of cool stuff! Big thanks to all the kayak fishing OG's and the people who put these things together! This kayak fishing stuff is pretty much the only thing I think about these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Has this event ever had a full roster? What is the largest number of people who've fished this? Is there a chance of the tournament filling up and a person, or people not getting to fish it? Just curious
I'm really excited to fish this tournament for the first time! Even though we didn't get to fish last year it sure was nice meet some of you, in addition to winning a pretty fair amount of cool stuff! Big thanks to all the kayak fishing OG's and the people who put these things together! This kayak fishing stuff is pretty much the only thing I think about these days.

Limited entry has just been the last 2-3 ORC's.  We did not hit the max number of entrants AFAIK.  Largest crowd I recall was about 110 or so that actually fished.
2012 ORC 5th Place

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010

It has sold out before. However, the bigger issue is people that watch the forecast and wait until the last minute to sign up. Either you are in or out. There should be a healthy premium charged for entries made in the last 2 or 3 weeks before the tournament. It messes up the count for permits, captain's bags, potluck etc.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 04:07:29 PM by Ling Banger »

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Craig neglected to mention that this year is the X.

Congratulations to everyone past and present that has organized, sponsored, and competed to see this ultra fun tournament into its TENTH year. Viva la Classic!

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015

It has sold out before. However, the bigger issue is people that watch the forecast and wait until the last minute to sign up. Either you are in or out. There should be a healthy premium charged for entries made in the last 2 or 3 weeks before the tournament. It messes up the count for permits, captain's bags, potluck etc.
Good to know, thanks