Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:10:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Friday afternoon/evening fishing  (Read 2088 times)

easyyakker

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: May 2016
I have to go to Homer for work tomorrow (no, that isn't a complaint). I'm planning on taking my tupperware. The weather forecasts are great. Anyone planning on being in Homer or Whiskey Gulch tomorrow? I'm thinking about working the end of spit area, or hitting Whiskey on the way home. (I may hit whiskey again when I get home, but that is another story.)

I should be able to leave the office at about 4:00. Could be somewhere to get ready to fish between 4:30 and 5:00.   

Has anyone hit halibut out by the green can?

I'm as interested in going fishing as I am in catching fish. Of course, catching fish is always the goal.

The marine forecast for Saturday sucks. Tomorrow might be the only opening this weekend.

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
The plan is to try and hit it friday evening.  Probably wont launch till 6pm ish...maybe a tad earlier.  Stay close to the launch.  Hit it again saturday if the weather allows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

easyyakker

• Lingcod
Maybe I'll see you there Rudy. Should be pretty good timing for the tide. Small enough tides that we have a little bit of leeway.

I just go home from a retirement party for one of my teachers need to go load my kayak and get ready for a meeting and fishing tomorrow.

katinalaska

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
Think I'm going to try WG this evening as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
Sterling now.  Looks like a 430 to 5pm start for us

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

Lawngjohn

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jan 2016
Good luck guys, it looks like a good day for it! Jake is down there now. I'm working unfortunately today and tomorrow. I think I'll get out there Monday

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
Ugh tough day. Ryu and I both lost heavy fish.  Just came unbuttoned...pretty rare with 12/0 gamakatsu BRB hooks.  Got to fish with KatinAlaska and easyyakker so at least we had good company! 

First world problems when this is a bad day...

guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

easyyakker

• Lingcod
Great evening fishing with Team Tsukada and KatinAlaska. Couldn't have asked for a nicer night on the water. Launched just before 6 and got off the water about 9:30. That is a pretty great way to end a work day and week. I got one nice 20 pound range fish, released a 5 pounder. First fish of the year was an Irish Lord.

The bite was slow. Really though, I often find the bite slow on these very small tides. My theory is that on these small tides the fish can feed 24 hours per day. On larger tides the fish have shorter feeding times (when they don't have to work to catch food) and the bite is actually better than these very small tide shifts. While fishing on the small tides can be easier, we almost always had to fish longer to fill our limits. I may be dreaming, but that is the observation we came up with while chartering.

Still, a great first trip of the year. Also a reminder that I'm not a spring chicken anymore (and haven't been for a while). The knees don't feel too bad this morning (very happy about that). The back is pretty tight. I'm hoping to get that loosened up pretty soon. I'm going to have to build up to multi-day trips.

Good luck to everyone who gets out today. I'll be prepping my trailer for some of those mult-day trips I hope to be taking soon.

Klondike Kid

• Lingcod
  • The Eagle Whisperer
  • Alaska Outdoor Journal
  • Date Registered: Sep 2016
Three cheers for the Four Musketeers! Well done all. Glad to see you are thinnig out those chickens so there is more room for those big'uns that are on their way.  ;D   Well that's more halibut on the beach than I caught all last year since I didn't go. So your success would be welcome in my book any day to kick off the season.

Looking at the webcams just past noon -WOW- it looks like at least 3 or more yakk'ers out there on a near glassy reflection day. Good thing NOAA is off the mark. Good luck.  You definitely got the weather and the tides in your favor today.

I called Moose & Goose at Moose Range HQ yesterday and the rangers said every lake on the Peninsula, including Hidden Lake are all ice free and fishable. I think I'll focus on some freshwater species for a bit since the spring ice out bite can be pretty intense.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Take a Kid Fishing and Hook'em For Life!  ~KK~

katinalaska

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
As always, it was great fishing with you guys. I finally broke my dry spell from the kayak (no fish since January). I also started out with an Irish Lord, then a 12-15# halibut, then released about a 7# halibut. It was just nice to have a fish on the line again!

anything