Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: New Offering from Wavewalk  (Read 4470 times)

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
My dad went end over end with this one going out on some huge surf. I had to help him right it and get back on. Bailing all that water warmed him right up!

Yeehaaa - I have yet to go in Big Blue, just stayed in the sound.  Still waiting until I purchase a drysuit.  Is that a W500 or W700?

If I am guessing I am betting that is a 700.
It's the 700. I would recommend flipping it and trying to right it and get back on before hitting the ocean. It can be done, but it's tough. Chances are you will pick better days to go out and won't dump it, because they are very stable. They can be capsized though. My dad wouldn't have gotten his flipped back over without my help, and it took everything we had to make it happen. Bring a pump! The additional foam on the sides didn't make it any easier to flip back over either. He has a rope system now and believes he can right it... I'll be close by just in case! He's a stubborn guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
  • Fishing Kayaks of Gig Harbor
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
Yep!  Exactly what I tell every person that buys one.  Hitting the swimming beach and do everything wrong, fill it with water etc. so that you know exactly how the boat behaves when swamped and what your capabilities are in getting it put back right and getting the water out.  I have often wondered if a smaller set of flippers might be a nice safety item to stick in the boat.  Would sure make everything easier.

I also think that the W700 is definitely a boat where you should ALWAYS have a partner if you are in water and conditions where it is possible to flip over and you would need to get back in.  Should probably have a partner anyway.

I would love to see some pictures and videos of your dad out in the ocean in the W700!  There are not many of these things out here on the West Coast.  Where do you guys typically fish?
Fish on the right side that's where the fish are! John 21:6

I am no longer a dealer for Wavewalk but if you ever want to paddle one let me know!

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Yep!  Exactly what I tell every person that buys one.  Hitting the swimming beach and do everything wrong, fill it with water etc. so that you know exactly how the boat behaves when swamped and what your capabilities are in getting it put back right and getting the water out.  I have often wondered if a smaller set of flippers might be a nice safety item to stick in the boat.  Would sure make everything easier.

I also think that the W700 is definitely a boat where you should ALWAYS have a partner if you are in water and conditions where it is possible to flip over and you would need to get back in.  Should probably have a partner anyway.

I would love to see some pictures and videos of your dad out in the ocean in the W700!  There are not many of these things out here on the West Coast.  Where do you guys typically fish?
We've gone out quite a few places with it. Pacific city, depo bay, sunset bay, and more. I actually have some GoPro footage of him towing me back in from halibut fishing last year. I'll try to get some clips put together for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
  • Fishing Kayaks of Gig Harbor
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
That would be awesome!  I didn't know that someone was using one on the Oregon Coast.  I sold a W700 just a couple of weeks ago to a fellow who was going to be using it on the right days.  He is a surfer and so he is really familiar with the ocean but wanted to get out and chase after some Lings etc.  So I look forward to seeing your clips and pictures!

Westport will probably be my first venture out and we will see from there. :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:38:24 AM by Widgeonmangh »
Fish on the right side that's where the fish are! John 21:6

I am no longer a dealer for Wavewalk but if you ever want to paddle one let me know!