Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:40:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[April 18, 2024, 11:35:40 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Bonneville Bass Bonanza 2017  (Read 5836 times)

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Great, just saw it on Facebook too. That should work out great. Sounds like they roped Langcod into helping out again - this is a good thing!  ;D

See you all at the weigh-in. I'm praying the weather holds, looking great so far.

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Great, just saw it on Facebook too. That should work out great. Sounds like they roped Langcod into helping out again - this is a good thing!  ;D

See you all at the weigh-in. I'm praying the weather holds, looking great so far.

Definitely looking forward to not having 100+ heat with wind like last year ;D
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010

Definitely looking forward to not having 100+ heat with wind like last year ;D

There wasn't very much wind last year. Which made the heat that much more brutal, but prevented the oil train fire from spreading to the rest of the tanker cars. There was an interview with the Mosier FD chief on OPB and he said that it was a gigantic statistical anomaly to have virtually no pressure gradients at either end of the Gorge, at that time of the year, at those temperatures.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
There wasn't very much wind last year. Which made the heat that much more brutal, but prevented the oil train fire from spreading to the rest of the tanker cars. There was an interview with the Mosier FD chief on OPB and he said that it was a gigantic statistical anomaly to have virtually no pressure gradients at either end of the Gorge, at that time of the year, at those temperatures.

There may not have been where that happened but when I showed up at my expected launch point at 5am on tourney day and it was solid whitecaps the entire width of the Columbia I can assure you it was too much wind!

15 miles away where I ended up launching it was indeed dead.

jpodyssey

• Rockfish
  • Tricity kayak anglers
  • Date Registered: May 2015
There was some bad wind near cascade locks last year, but a couple of other places were sheltered a bit. The worst part was the train derailment, because they dropped the river the night before the tournament. This year is the opposite, and everywhere should be A LOT higher water.

Tricity Kayak Anglers (TCKA) - Director

RAM mounts fishing team

Kayak Shed Fishing Team

1st  Place - 2017 KBF OR-WA Regional May / Bass
2nd Place - 2017 KBF OR-WA Regional April / Ba

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Noon question:. What do y'all wear for this event?  Full immersion gear?  If it's anything it there like it is here I'll be wanting shorts lol.  I'm not made for weather over 75.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Noon question:. What do y'all wear for this event?  Full immersion gear?  If it's anything it there like it is here I'll be wanting shorts lol.  I'm not made for weather over 75.

That's your call to make based on where you're planning on fishing. Water temps were in the high 50's a few weekends ago. Last year it was over 100 degrees so a lot of people were wearing shorts and t-shirt. This year may be a bit different.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Thanks.  I'll bring everything and have options. :)
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

Dan_E

• Lingcod
  • Formerly known as Indyflyer
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Anybody get the token code yet?  I sent my waiver on the 31st & the email said a code would be emailed this afternoon to participants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Anybody get the token code yet?  I sent my waiver on the 31st & the email said a code would be emailed this afternoon to participants.

I just now got mine.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Dan_E

• Lingcod
  • Formerly known as Indyflyer
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
It just showed up.

smokeyangler

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
What a windy day! The Columbia was high and the water was moving fast.   Congrats to Jed for getting ( Lucky ) once again.  Congrats to all of the other competitors.  Thanks to the Kayak Shed for putting this on and all of the sponsors for donating prizes.  It sounded like quite a bit of money was raised for HOW.   I hope the wind doesn't blow next year.  Haha!
2014 Hobie PA 14
2015 Hobie Outback

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Had great time at the Bonneville Bass Bonanza 4 this weekend. The weather made it a little tough to fish but I lucked out and found an area holding a few nice fish.

Thank you to John and Kayak Shed for putting this on and to Langston and Anthony for all of their hard work. Also a big thank you to all of the sponsors that donated prizes to the event. This is one of my favorite tournaments and I am looking forward to next year.

anything