Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:23:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Linked Events

• Oregon Rockfish Classic 2017: July 15, 2017

Topic: ** Official ORC 2017 Rules and Registration Information **  (Read 66215 times)

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
I've had a few people PM'ing me about registering for more than one person.   I don't currently have a form set up on PayPal to add different names.   

If, for example, you pay for two registrations, I'll have you listed under your name with a "plus one" next to it.   Just be sure to bring your "plus one" with you when you both fill out your liability waivers and I'll check you both off my list.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
$100?  I thought the entry fee was $40/person.  Did you register one-and-a-half times?

Tinker, it was $50 per person last year.  It has been reduced to $40 this year per the info provided by BSteves both years.
Basically one less raffle ticket, otherwise the same breakdown.

2016:
Fee Breakdown:
So where is your $50 going?
 $20 goes to two raffle tickets.* 
 $17 goes towards cash prizes for top 10 finishers.**
 $2 goes to pay for your boat ramp fee. So when you see the sign and box at the ramp, don’t worry about it.
 $5 goes to insurance for the event through the American Canoe Association
 $6 goes to cover costs of the tournament (fire wood, propane, plates, cups, etc..)

2017:
Fee Breakdown:
So where is your $40 going?
 $10 goes to a raffle ticket.* 
 $17 goes towards cash prizes for top 10 finishers.**
 $2 goes to pay for your boat ramp fee. So when you see the sign and box at the ramp, don’t worry about it.
 $5 goes to insurance for the event through the American Canoe Association
 $6 goes to cover costs of the tournament (fire wood, propane, plates, cups, etc..)

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Captains meetings and event status are well communicated on this forum (including last year).  I didnt participate, but I knew the fishing part was cancelled and the raffle and events were still held. Hopefully there is much much better weather this year!!  Will there be the fish printing gyotaku this year??  The fish taco feeding frenzy is pretty awesome!

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Signed up last night!  Keeping fingers crossed for calm seas and biting fish.  Looking forward to connecting more faces to forum names  :).
aMayesing Bros.

drhabanero

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
Signed up last night!  Keeping fingers crossed for calm seas and biting fish.  Looking forward to connecting more faces to forum names  :).

If you need a place to stay on friday or saturday night. Me and the boys will be at Chinook campground. Feel free  to stop by and have a beer. My boys love seeing your post! ( So do I)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:40:47 PM by drhabanero »
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

drhabanero

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
So I am new to Oregon Fishing, what is the best way to get this
 Carry a valid Oregon invasive species permit

Thanks Jimbo
I'll rest when I'm dead!
2016 Ocean Kayak Predator
2014 Malibu X-Factor ,2014 Malibu Mini-X
2010 Malibu X-Factor ,2006  Ocean Kayak Drifter 
2011 Yakhopper Ocean Kayak Trident 4.7   Winner!
GS4 - 4th place

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012

Thanks Jimbo

They cost $7. Buy it when you get your license. You can get it all taken care of at the campground.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
$100?  I thought the entry fee was $40/person.  Did you register one-and-a-half times?

Tinker, it was $50 per person last year.  It has been reduced to $40 this year per the info provided by BSteves both years.
Basically one less raffle ticket, otherwise the same breakdown.

Okay, and thanks!  I didn't go back and re-read the 2016 information.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013

Thanks Jimbo

should have one before u go out on ur kayak,or on ur person anywhere ur going out in oregon. just about any kayak or sup dealer has them.  or license dealer. i bought a 2 year for i think 14?? it`s waterproof but i store it in baggie along with contact info duct tapped to inside of front hatch on my hobie.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:59:32 AM by dampainter »

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
You can order your invasive species permit from http://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/forms-library/Documents/Environmental/2015AISPublicOrderForm.pdf.  It is only $5 per year and free shipping.  I always get the 2 year for $10.  I think it is ridiculous that I have to pay someone $2 to print it out at the store.

craig

• Sturgeon
I wish I knew about that "captain bag" thing , we where so upset and tired from that trip so didn't even fallow up with posts . Well I hope I will have better luck this time

I can bring you last years bag this year. We did not sell out 100% last year and if you paid, there should be two of them somewhere. I will track them down.

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010

Thanks Jimbo

If you are an REI member they are about the last place around that doesn't charge the agent fee. I'm sure if you bought a new kayak from Next Adventure or Kayak Shed they would probably waive the agent fee on the permit as well.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
You can order your invasive species permit from http://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/forms-library/Documents/Environmental/2015AISPublicOrderForm.pdf.  It is only $5 per year and free shipping.  I always get the 2 year for $10.  I think it is ridiculous that I have to pay someone $2 to print it out at the store.

If you order online, there's a link to allow you to print a temporary copy to use until the "permanent" permit arrives.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017

If you need a place to stay on friday or saturday night. Me and the boys will be at Chinook campground. Feel free  to stop by and have a beer. My boys love seeing your post! ( So do I)
Thanks for the offer man, and looking forward to seeing you up here!
aMayesing Bros.

craig

• Sturgeon

If you order online, there's a link to allow you to print a temporary copy to use until the "permanent" permit arrives.

Yes. That is what I do on January 1.  I wait until then because I do not trust the state of Oregon not to send me the previous years if I ordered on Dec 31.

anything