Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:32:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Sunset Bay 6-8 thru 6-11  (Read 2523 times)

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
I put one in each boat so I can take the kids or friends out in the others.  I may have misinterpreted the rule but it seemed logical instead of trying to get a pass for each person who may want to take a test paddle.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
One for each boat 10' and above (that's why most SUP's are 9'6"). 

For clarification, the invasive species permit for non-motorized boats is issued to the person, not a boat. Therefore you buy one permit and it is good for any non-motorized boat over 10 ft that you use.  You don't buy one for each boat.

But you do have to have it with you in the boat.

To keep it simple I just buy one per boat and put them in a siplock baggie taped the the bottom of the hatch cover.
Glad it's a siplock and not a vacuum seal our you'd pop your eyes out sucking on the straw. Laminate and zip tie to the yak.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2015
If Sr. Anthony knew I had my spelling corrected by Mojo, she'd be rolling in her grave.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.

dharma

• Herring
  • Date Registered: May 2017
We had a great trip to Sunset & Coos Bay last weekend, despite the weather!  It was hit and miss, but we got on the water and caught fish.  A big shout out to RogerDodger for his helpful hints and tips about the area.  Thanks to all that offered suggestions here on the board.  We are looking forward to our next trip to the coast... Despite the 12 hr drive  :o

rogerdodger

• Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • roger
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
that is an outstanding 'in the bay" lingcod, and despite the ocean being churned up it looks like the wind wasn't as bad as predicted...love fighting those lings on light gear...cheers, roger
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Fun video, thanks for sharing!

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Sorry about the confusion.  I have two invasive species permits.  One is with my license and always goes with me in the boat.  The second is in the glove box, just in case.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Sorry about the confusion.  I have two invasive species permits.  One is with my license and always goes with me in the boat.  The second is in the glove box, just in case.

Only two?  :icon_scratch:

You being the master of over thinking things, I figured you would have one in your kayak, one in the truck, one on your coffee cup, one on your bathroom mirror, one on your wife's forehead and a spare in your sock drawer just in case you came up short. 

:laughing7:

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin

You being the master of over thinking things, I figured you would have one in your kayak, one in the truck, one on your coffee cup, one on your bathroom mirror, one on your wife's forehead and a spare in your sock drawer just in case you came up short. 

Okay Mr. Smartypants, I only have five.  And I don't keep one on the bathroom mirror where it would obstruct the lovely view...   :laughing7:

Nice video, dharma!

I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008

Okay Mr. Smartypants, I only have five.  And I don't keep one on the bathroom mirror where it would obstruct the lovely view...   :laughing7:

:icon_thumright:

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

anything