Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:03:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 15, 2024, 03:27:21 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 15, 2024, 07:27:41 AM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

[April 02, 2024, 09:39:30 AM]

[April 01, 2024, 12:06:53 PM]

[March 29, 2024, 08:19:21 PM]

[March 29, 2024, 08:17:12 PM]

by Spot
[March 29, 2024, 03:34:50 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: What other FF/Transducers are compatible with the Lowrance scupper ?  (Read 2234 times)

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2015
OK, so I have the Hook 4x on my 2015 Outback, and I just got Mrs. P a 2015 Sport and it has the same factory Lowrance transducer scupper setup.

But I gotta tell ya, if I have to teach her how to operate a Hook 4x, I'll just fake my own death and leave the country. Can't be done. Not in my lifetime. Half the time I can't figure the thing out myself.

Now, the thing I did like about the Lowrance unit is how easily the install went.

So what I'd like is an easier to use FF with GPS for her, that uses a transducer that is compatible with the Hobie scupper.

Discuss.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
The Raymarine CPT-60 transducer for a Dragonfly fits nicely on my Outback.  It's large but take off the transom plate and it fits. 

The scupper plate has some plastic tabs to trim down first.  Go slowly to get the right fit.

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I have a "too old must replace" outback without the lowrance ready plate, but just replaced my Lowrance Elite 4 with a Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro. The Dragonfly 4 pro is without question significantly simpler that the lowrance, to the point that it's annoyed me a little adjusting things since it's so simple. YMMV of course, and I've yet to have the wife try it, but once you set it up it's easy.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

Low_Sky

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Starting to notice a pattern here.... Raymarine fits with minor trimming on the plate, and the head unit is dead simple to use. Highly recommend. Get the screen size that fits your cash and battery weight budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 Hobie Revolution 16
2014 Perception Triumph 13

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
I suppose I should also point out that she doesn't fish, and what she would use is depth and navigation, and speed. So she needs something with simple to use nav and GPS but not a lot of fancy downscan/sidescan or the new inside-out 3D processing.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I suppose I should also point out that she doesn't fish, and what she would use is depth and navigation, and speed. So she needs something with simple to use nav and GPS but not a lot of fancy downscan/sidescan or the new inside-out 3D processing.

I don't know where you find that combination.  It seems to me that as soon as a manufacturer adds GPS, they add all the bells and whistles.  Depth and GPS was essentially all I wanted when I first went looking and I ended up with the whole shebang, and I use a tiny faction of it.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon

I don't know where you find that combination.  It seems to me that as soon as a manufacturer adds GPS, they add all the bells and whistles.  Depth and GPS was essentially all I wanted when I first went looking and I ended up with the whole shebang, and I use a tiny faction of it.

Yes, of course. Definitely not optimal use of funds, but when was the last time you ever made optimal use of funds with a wife* ? But she'll just have the screen on nav, and it will be a matter of transducer choice. That fancy stuff requires different transducers to work, and I can prioritize around something that will fit, instead of one that will give the total functionality.

*Not counting divorce.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Oh, I get it.  I was hunting for a simple fish finder for the Grandkid recently, too.  One that he wouldn't try to use to play "Call of Duty".  I still haven't found the right one.   :D

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
Also, I totally made up the part about "inside-out" imaging. There's no such thing, as far as I know.

Sent from my RCT6213W87M using Tapatalk

Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Also, I totally made up the part about "inside-out" imaging. There's no such thing, as far as I know.

Not until next year when they roll out 4D processing.

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon

I hear that it will be cloud based and have the ability to crowdsource the answers to questions like "is that a fish on my screen?" in realtime.

Unfortunately most of those answers will be ads for mail order brides and no-strings-attached dating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
How necessary is depth to her?  What about a waterproof handheld GPS unit?  That will get her the navigation and speed.
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
How necessary is depth to her?  What about a waterproof handheld GPS unit?  That will get her the navigation and speed.

Depth is important. She is always asking me how deep the water is. Constantly. Incessantly.

Plus, it helps her know when to up rudder.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014

4D?   As in "When will the fish be under my fish finder so I know when to come back?"  Cool!   :o

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

anything