Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:48:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Heading up to Alaska 9/15-9/19  (Read 1840 times)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Had an urge to hit Alaska this year, so used some freq flyer miles to book a short trip up in a couple weekends.  Heading up with Bushy and one other.  Don't really have a firm gameplan yet other than to just drive the roads and fish the river banks for silvers, from sunup until sundown.  Perhaps take a couple hikes looking for boletes, or whatever other mushrooms are in season.  Any suggestions on where to go, and what to bring?  And if anyone wants to wet a line with us and talk story, that's always good.

-Allen

TALL FORCE

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Dec 2014
I've heard that people are having some success fishing for silvers off the beaches of Seward. I will be out bird hunting during that time but wish ya luck!
"You will not catch anything with your hook out of the water, well nothing worth keeping anyway."

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011

Allen...I have no idea what rivers are hot right now on the peninsula but have an idea. There is some character goes by Kardinal 84. Sounds like a shady kind of guy to me--- but I've heard he knows a little about fishing the Kenai. You might even know him by another name. He may not be able to help much with trails or hiking adventures. I heard he is a desk jockey by day. But he might be able to help ya'.

There are a few other people on the Kenai you might want to contact. I'll leave that to you. But local knowledge is usually good knowledge.

Have fun in Alaska . You are going up at a beautiful time of year. I'm sure you will make the best of it.
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon

Allen...I have no idea what rivers are hot right now on the peninsula but have an idea. There is some character goes by Kardinal 84. Sounds like a shady kind of guy to me--- but I've heard he knows a little about fishing the Kenai. You might even know him by another name. He may not be able to help much with trails or hiking adventures. I heard he is a desk jockey by day. But he might be able to help ya'.

There are a few other people on the Kenai you might want to contact. I'll leave that to you. But local knowledge is usually good knowledge.

Have fun in Alaska . You are going up at a beautiful time of year. I'm sure you will make the best of it.

Hah!  That Kardinal guy has already been consulted and fingers crossed, he will wet a line with us.  I'm pretty sure we'll be down in the Kenai area.

-Allen

AKFishOn

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
Silvers should still be running on the Kenai.  And of course bows and dolly varden.
"If your hands ain't bleeding, you ain't fishing hard enough!"

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
We booked a "fishcamp" cabin on the river in Soldotna.  So that's where we'll be basing out of.

Looking for a guide for day 1 if anyone has any recommendations, quick way to get the lay of the land with some local fishing knowledge.

-Allen