Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:50:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Gear track  (Read 2513 times)

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod
  • Hobie Tandem Island, Hobie Outback
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
Has anyone used the YakAttack Gear Trac GTTL90 Top Loading Aluminum Mounting Track and what are they like compared to the old end loading style.
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Said the water rat.  The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame,

Chromer

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Dec 2016
I have a pair of top loading on the front of my kayak and I am getting ready to put a pair on the back.  I don’t have any experience with the end loading gear track but I figured why not have the top loading feature as it can’t hurt.

ballardbrad

• Salmon
  • Kayak Fishing Washington
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Not to hijack this thread but RAM Mounts just came out with a new line of Aluminum Tracks.  A bit unique as you can connect them together creating load/entry points throughout https://www.rammount.com/search?search_type=search&query=aluminum+tough+track

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I use the old end load and typically leave the ram balls in place ( I trailer most of the time) but no real issues sliding gear in and out, I do sometimes adjust on the water, not sure if the top load can accidentally go swimming if you were to try to adjust and lost grip? Not familiar with them??

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod
  • Hobie Tandem Island, Hobie Outback
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
I use the old end load and typically leave the ram balls in place ( I trailer most of the time) but no real issues sliding gear in and out, I do sometimes adjust on the water, not sure if the top load can accidentally go swimming if you were to try to adjust and lost grip? Not familiar with them??

Right, coming out was my concern as I'm in the habit of leaving a gear head with a GoPro loose enough that it can be swiveled to a different angle while on the water.
I have since got the top loaders anyway and will make sure that gear is secure. It is easier to top load, so much more convenient and worth changing the GoPro MO.
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Said the water rat.  The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame,

Low_Sky

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015

Right, coming out was my concern as I'm in the habit of leaving a gear head with a GoPro loose enough that it can be swiveled to a different angle while on the water.
I have since got the top loaders anyway and will make sure that gear is secure. It is easier to top load, so much more convenient and worth changing the GoPro MO.

If you want to leave something loose in the track, you could find some other accessory (a Ram ball, or something similar) to block off the center entry point(s) so your loose accessory can’t escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 Hobie Revolution 16
2014 Perception Triumph 13

anything