Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by PNW
[Today at 08:37:24 PM]

[Today at 07:54:10 PM]

[Today at 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 07:22:33 PM]

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout III  (Read 9719 times)

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
What is the tent camping like at Hewitt park?

The link Jed had didn't work for me.  This photo shows the area.  The yellow area is the tent area and the blue is the rv park.  The two orange arrows are the two boat ramps that were open last year.

As far as the tent camping, it is pretty much just an open grassy area with quite a few shade trees.  There is a hill on the back edge of the grass and there are camp spots on the higher ground that are just a narrow gravel strip with table etc.  Most everyone who tent camped last year stayed as a group in the grassy area.

Hope this helps,  James
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

Merz

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Very helpful. Thank you guys
-Evan
1st 2016 AOTY
1st 2018 SBAOTD
1st 2019 BCS
1st 2022 SBAOTD
1st 2023 BCS
1st 2023 OKBF Davis Lake Flying Kayak Open
1st 2023 SBAOTD

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Just ordered this from Montana Silversmiths.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 01:14:17 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Checked out Hewitt park yesterday. This is what the grass camp area looks like. There are more sites on the upper area as well. Water was low but the park staff said thay caught some crappie in the 12-13" range. Water should be up by tournament time. I have been updating the donor list and will be posting pix of prizes soon.

yaktastic

• A cowboy in a kayak? I never was normal.
  • Salmon
  • shut up and let me fish.
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Thinking of making the venture this year. How close from the campsites to "productive fishing"? Not secret spots just a general idea. I used to fish for them in central oregon years ago but it's been a while.
4th place 2017 TBKD Rockfish.

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
Thinking of making the venture this year. How close from the campsites to "productive fishing"? Not secret spots just a general idea. I used to fish for them in central oregon years ago but it's been a while.

Last year the best fishing was right near camp (launching at the camp).  There was a lot of snow melt way up river that was keeping the main stem colder than the Powder River arm where the camp is.  Lots of fish to catch near camp.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Just added a Pay Pal link button to the first post. Contact me if you want to pay for entry another way. There will be a small swag bag for the first 25 paid entrants. Bag will include an event T-shirt and other gear. If you want to purchase an additional shirt or if you miss the cut off, I can order them for about $10. PM me if you want to order a shirt. Will need to have order in by mid April or so. Probably similar shirts from last year. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:03:58 PM by jed »

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I had my camper set up on the far right side of that photo (east side). There was only 2 other trailers over there.

I also just tried to register and paypal had an error. I'll try again later.

As for fish, lots get caught right in front of camp. Oxbow and Hells Canyon Res. are short drives away. I'm thinking about heading down this weekend for a day.
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007

Do it Austin!  You'll love it.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

sherminator

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Paid my entry fee.

This time around, the wife and grandkids are staying back in Portland. That means I can give a ride to another person and/or kayak, and if I bring my Jumping Jack camp trailer, I can offer a 27" x 84" foam mattress bunk, too. I plan on leaving Tigard on the Thursday morning before the tourney. PM me if you are interested in sharing a ride.
15x tournament loser
2011 Hobie Oasis (yellow)
2014 Hobie Revo  (red)
2017 Aquaglide Blackfoot HB Angler XL

IdahoSkies

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
For anyone concidering fishing Brownlee this year, think about bringing your fly gear also.  It is a great place to catch multiple species on the fly.  Last year I caught crappie, blue gill, small mouth and carp while fly fishing. (If you have never caught a carp while fly fishing, it is really fun)