Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:21:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: How do you pee from a kayak?  (Read 34546 times)

dberd

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Wow.. Im so happy just to have a relief zipper I never thought about these situations.. Its so nice to be able to have the morning coffee, the mid morning energy drink, and the noonish beers w/o the shoreline sprint and strip.If ya dont have a drivewell to use , the widemouth plastic jar works great!Although, I'm sure the ocean makes the situation ALOT more dicey.
" History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man"  BOC

pmmpete

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
With the assistance of all your helpful comments, I have assembled an effective and easy-to-use device for peeing while sitting in a sit-on-top kayak.  It consists of a funnel from the automotive department of a local hardware store, and a length of vinyl hose.  It cost about five bucks, and took about five seconds to assemble.  I stick the end of the hose down one of my scupper holes, stick the end of my weenie down the funnel, and let loose.  I don’t need to change position in my seat.  If I’m surrounded by people on docks or watercraft, I can lay a piece of clothing in my lap, and nobody will know what I’m doing.

I chose hose which is large diameter so pee won’t pile up in the funnel, and which is flexible so it is easier to stash inside my kayak.

Now I need to figure out a way to pee while sitting in a kayak and wearing waders.

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I just recently upgraded to a dry suit with a relief zipper.  Used the relief zipper for the first time at Depoe Bay a week or so ago.  I wear layers consisting of Omni Heat long underwear and fleece pants under the suit.  There was no issue just scooting down towards the Hobie drive well and then leaning back against the seat back slightly to get a good clear opening.  All the under garments are stretchy enough that it wasn't an issue to make a line shot at the Mirage drive.

I plan to take more hydrating liquids on the water with me now, as I too use to dehydrate myself by not drinking enough during 4-8 hours on the water. 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

pmmpete

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
You can pee in a kayak while wearing waders by taking off the elastic belt, sliding a wide-mouth bottle down into the leg of the waders, sticking your weenie into the mouth of the bottle, and letting fly.  You can hear your pee splashing into the bottle, and the pitch will rise as the bottle fills.  When the pitch reaches the A flat above middle C, stop peeing, stand the bottle upright, slide it out of your waders, empty it, and rinse it out.  Repeat as necessary.  This works great if you are a skinny guy in baggy waders, like me.  It may not be feasible if you are a big guy in tight waders.  I take my arms out of my PFD and stick both of them down into my waders for this maneuver.  Overall, it's easy, you don't need to get into some unusual position, and it can be done safely even in big waves and inclement conditions.

You will need to find a bottle which is small enough to slide down into your waders, but big enough to hold your typical load of pee.  The pee bottles available at drugstores are typically about 4 inches square with a handle, which is too big to fit into my waders.  For me, a 20 ounce water or juice bottle with a wide mouth works fine.  Next time you're in the grocery store, look for bottles which might work.  The spray bottles containing Windex and other cleaners are an interesting option because they are asymetrical.  I suspect that the screw tops are too small for most weenies, but you could cut the top off of the bottle at an angle

• Chris
  • True Life: I'm Addicted To Kayak Fishing
  • Date Registered: Jun 2012
This thread is making me snicker and giggle...what I have gathered so far is that being skinny and having perfect pitch make for a more successful urination.
1st Place 2015 Chinook Showdown 
8th Place 2014 AOTD
1st Place 2013 AOTD                        
"Everyone should believe in something,  I believe I'll go fishing."

Sponsorship and Support:
Waxer's Surf Shop
Hobie Fishing Team
Lancer Jigs
Pro-Cure Scents

yaksurf

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
I pee freely.  I just have to remember to to zip my dry suit zipper all the way up.  It's nice being able to bring morning coffee with me and a couple of water bottles with my.  Having the mirage drive hole to shoot at makes it easy.
1st Place 2010 AOTD Sunset Bay Tournament
1st Place 2011 AOTD Sunset Bay Tournament
4th Place Gemme Shelter Six Annual Tournament
3rd Place 2012 Sunset Bay AOTD
3rd Place 2013 Sunset Bay AOTD
1st Place 2014 Sunset Bay AOTD

anything