Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:24:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 19, 2024, 09:27:54 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: 2016 SlayRide Nov 12  (Read 10961 times)

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
We also have some RailBlaza gear to give away.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
If you guys are coming out for the SlayRide and attending the PotLuck, you can call ahead and speak to the manager. Her name is Theresa at the IGA Grocery Store Deli, you can place an order over there for items that they have the number is (360) 877-9444.

Let's try to post here what everyone is bringing to prevent doubling up. Off the bat, we need some paper products, plates, forks, napkins. I need to talk to the boss tonight and find out what we are making. I should be able to post up tonight.

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
I can bring knife, sporks and napkins. Napkins courtesy of Snarf.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
Completely overlooked the potluck, thanks for the reminder!

I'll bring some paper plates and a couple cases of water bottles.   But I may not stay for the potluck since I'm round-tripping on Saturday.

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
For those who haven't been to Hoodsport, it's small.  The IGA is right across the street from the Hood Canal and just south of the fishing area.  I stopped and talked with Geri who owns the store.  While she needs the front parking area for customers, she generously will allow parking behind the store in the restricted upper area.  I paused on the south side near nice bathrooms to switch to the kayak cart and moved my car and trailer to the upper area.
I put in down the stairs and was helped by one of the group taking out.  It's steep and a pain alone but not bad if you have a buddy.  The shore has some rocks but not bad. I took out on the docks (protected water) and just rolling up using nice hand holders and then slid the kayak onto the dock to load the cart.  The ramp up can be steep at low tide but it's not slippery.
One picture is looking in from the road, the nice open bathrooms are on the left where you can stage and then drive cars up through the gate in the restricted area.  You can also see the put-in and dock area.

Trident 13

• Salmon
The deli is nicely stocked and I grabbed some pictures.  They have lots of deli thinks, fried chicken and stuff (good), sandwiches, great soup (call ahead if you'd like a quart of half gallon), rotisserie chicken, booze and cookies, deserts, etc.  Islander put the number as well, they want to help anyway they can, it was very nice talking to them. They may even have some electric heating units if needed.
(360) 877-9444.

Again, very nice folks and if you pretend you're paying for parking then that amount is free food (?), just trying to support those who help us.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 01:41:36 PM by Trident 13 »

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
The deli is nicely stocked and I grabbed some pictures.  They have lots of deli thinks, fried chicken and stuff (good), sandwiches, great soup (call ahead if you'd like a quart of half gallon), rotisserie chicken, booze and cookies, deserts, etc.  Islander put the number as well, they want to help anyway they can, it was very nice talking to them. They may even have some electric heating units if needed.
(360) 877-9444.

Again, very nice folks and if you pretend you're paying for parking then that amount is free food (?), just trying to support those who help us.

Thanks John for Posting. If you do need to reheat anything for the Pot Luck, we do have a kitchen at the Sunrise Motel.

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
If you any of you are able to Carpool to the Derby, please do so as there is very limited parking at Sunrise Motel. Also, it looks like Sunrise Motel is fully booked. But, there are rooms available down the street at Glen Ayr Resort. Here is their phone number: (360) 877-9522

Trident 13

• Salmon
A couple more things to consider, as poly said, unless you're paddling outside the zone, you wont need any electronics as the schools are visible.  There were times I wish I would have had body armor as the schools came through.  An anchor or even cannon ball, 15-20 feet of line and float  (a brick in a sock) help if you can get to a good area and drop anchor.  Once you hook up you can (if using a slip tie:-) release the kayak from the float (this becomes necessary, trust me) to fight the chumster.  Then you can paddle your way back to your float to retie and start over or let someone in line use your slot while you rest.  A net and/or fish grabber (I'd pay money to watch someone try to grab one of these without the net:-) are important.
For those who remember, this one was related to Jimmy Durante!

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
Anticipated time for the potluck?  Would love to stay and join in with some deli goodies, if it isn't too terribly late...  Got an hour-plus back home in the dark to consider.

Jim
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Hoping to start the Potluck around 4pm

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Next Adventure will be kicking down some swag for SlayRide Derby. Thanks CJ!

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Thank you Next Adventure!

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Fyi. I picked up Beef Franks buns/fixing to grill up for lunch (not for the potluck). All participants of the derby (up to 50) will get 2 each. You just have to paddle up to the Sunrise Motel and grab a quick bite and you can get back out fishing. I'll start serving around 10:30 till Noon. I'll see about having some chili too. Hope we get at least 50 participants.

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Hey guys...just realized I put Nov. 11th on the Waivers. The tournament is on Saturday Nov. 12th. Sorry about the confusion/typo. Just scratch the date and put the 12th on your copies. Thanks ALL!

anything