Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:31:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Print all the things!  (Read 5851 times)

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
Anderson Enterprises LLC
From halibut spears to hummingbird feeders and everything between!
That's kick ass homie!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ah yes, I almost forgot about the halibut spear!   ;D  I'll add that one soon, that was a fun project.

Any updates on the halibut spear? I'm really interested in this.

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I printed my next surf launch/landing helmet. I need some polarized plastic.  ;D

They are great for Christmas decorations, or documenting why the elf on the shelf never comes around anymore.

There is no end to the usefulness of these things.  I find a need to use it even if one does not exist.  ;D

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
I printed my next surf launch/landing helmet. I need some polarized plastic.  ;D

They are great for Christmas decorations, or documenting why the elf on the shelf never comes around anymore.

There is no end to the usefulness of these things.  I find a need to use it even if one does not exist.  ;D

How big is that helmet? Was that all one print or file glued? Looks great.

craig

• Sturgeon
It was multiple parts glued.  It is "life-sized".  Here is my 9 y/o daughter wearing it.

I got the STL from https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/art/scans-replicas/boba-fett-3d-printable-helmet.  It was worth the $11.  They are on sale all the time. I found that acrylic cement from TAP plastics chemically welds PLA plastic like Acetone does to ABS.  And by volume, it is way cheaper than super glue. I had Bondo I purchased years ago for a project I never got around to doing.  It worked great for filling seams and print lines.  Then I used filler primer.  I have been stuck at that stage because I got distracted by building a laser cutter/engraver.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:52:34 PM by craig »

craig

• Sturgeon
I found a cool 3d printed lithopane site last night http://3dp.rocks/lithophane/.  So, if you are humble like me and would never brag about your big fat Springer  (1 of the 4 caught for 40 boats, Wobbler caught one of the others) but would like a nice memento, you can take an image like this:

and turn it into this (just add backlight):

It was a small test size, but you can print a full cylinder to make a lampshade for your wife's bedside lamp to remind her how awesome you are.

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
That is pure awesomeness!

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016

It was a small test size, but you can print a full cylinder to make a lampshade for your wife's bedside lamp to remind her how awesome you are.

I am fairly certain my wife would treat that lampshade a lot like the wife treated the leg lamp in A Christmas Story.

-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

craig

• Sturgeon
What a great movie.  Hmmm...I wonder if there are .stl files out there for that lamp?
*edit- it looks like the files are out there https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2701506
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:09:10 PM by craig »

Helium Head

• Lingcod
Designed, printed and painted this vase for mother’s day.
Hobie Revolution 13 olive
Hobie Revolution 13 yellow

Helium Head

• Lingcod
Modeled the Bugatti airplane, printed and painted it. Bugatti had designed this revolutionary airplane to capture the world speed record just before WWII. He did not finish it on time and so hid it in a barn as the Germans invaded France. It never flew but is complete and in a museum in the US.

Still haven’t printed anything for the kayak. 
Hobie Revolution 13 olive
Hobie Revolution 13 yellow

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
Modeled the Bugatti airplane, printed and painted it. Bugatti had designed this revolutionary airplane to capture the world speed record just before WWII. He did not finish it on time and so hid it in a barn as the Germans invaded France. It never flew but is complete and in a museum in the US.

Still haven’t printed anything for the kayak.

Here's the original "print" at the Oshkosh Air Museum ;)

Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”