Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:20:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout ll sponsor donations  (Read 7326 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
American Angler/ DouglasQuikut has confirmed that they are donating a Classic EFK to the Shootout next year. I chose one of these knives as a prize at this years event and really like it. Its solid construction and ergonomic design makes cleaning a mess of crappie a lot easier. I would really like to thank Tim for his support. Find their full line of products at www.douglasquikut.com

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Stealth Quick Release Rod Holders will be sending some gear for the BCS II in 2017. I've been using their rod holders for still fishing as well as light tackle trolling with great results. They work great and are built solid. Thank you for the support Jason. Visit www.stealthrodholders.com to view their full line of products.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:13:13 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Bobs Jigs will providing some sample jigs again this year. Bob has moved back to Richland, OR so these jigs are very locally made. Just a few miles from the 2017 venue in fact. I used his jigs often last year with productive results. He is coming out with new skirt designs as well as offering his proven line. Browse and purchase these crappie killers at www.bobsjigs.com Thanks for the local support Bob. Hope you can come out and join the fun.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
I-Tek/SKWOOSH confirmed that they will be sending a donation for the BCS ll. They make great gel seat cushions for many different activities. We had the chance to check out the Angler Gel Cushion at last years event and I really liked how it felt. They will definitely make a big improvement in comfort and extend your time on the water. Thanks for having our backs SKWOOSH. Check out www.skwoosh.com to view their full line of products.

Update: TWO Angler II Gel Cushions just arrived in the mail for the BCS II.

Thank you for the continued support Katie.

smokeyangler

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
Dang! Jed is killing it again.  The sponsors and prizes are going to be awesome.  I can't wait. 
2014 Hobie PA 14
2015 Hobie Outback

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Thanks Magic Mike. One of these may have your name on it.

IceMule will be sending the BCS II something this year. I could not be happier with my Medium Pro Catch cooler. It easily attaches to the kayak and holds ice all day. If you need extra storage, it can also be used as a dry bag when deflated. Thanks for the support James. www.icemulecooler.com has the soft cooler you are looking for.

Update: IceMule sent FOUR Medium Pro Catch Coolers.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
EGO nets/Adventure Products will be donating gear for the BCSII again in 2017. I found out first hand how important a quality net is this summer when I borrowed a friends net to land my first lake trout. Sadly it was not an EGO and I never got a pic of that fish. EGO makes sturdy, innovative nets for all platforms and especially for kayak fishing. Plus they float! We appreciate the support Grant. Check out whats new in nets and other outdoor gear at www.egofishinggear.com and www.adventureproducts.com The Kryptek series looks pretty awesome.

Update: EGO sent an EGO S2 Slider and a Mini Gripper

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
You are really pulling out all the stops this year Jed, you are crushing it.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Thanks for the constant encouragement Anthony. What do you think of these.

The local sponsors are really coming through this year. Work Sharp/Darex will be donating a manual Guided Field Sharpener. This is the perfect tool for keeping in the rig or stowed in your kayak to keep knives sharp and in working order. Work Sharp/Darex is also sending their newest electric model. The Combo Knife Sharpener is an excellent choice to hone the edges of your favorite knives or bring older tools back to life. I have used their sharpeners for a while now and am impressed with the results. Thank you Taffy, the local support is awesome. Visit www.worksharptools.com to see other models and watch a video of the combo in action.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 06:09:13 PM by jed »

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
As I mentioned elsewhere, Work Sharp is awesome! I love what they can do to a fillet knife. Also, they can put such a surprisingly sharp edge on a $5 bait knife that only finger bone can stop it, and it takes 45 minutes of holding said finger over one's head while applying pressure to stop the bleeding. Good quality product. I have the scar to prove it. If you want a sharp knife, win this one, or buy one.

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
Never tried them. In the city there are a couple of great cutlery shops that employ old dudes with stones that come in a couple of days per week and take care of me when the steel won't bring the edge back. However, I'm getting to be an old dude, and they are going to die, so I better start learning how to treat my nice blades right.

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
Wait a minute, I just read Ginsu and Bubba Blade has a lifetime warranty.  >:D

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
That's funny you mention Ginsu Anthony. They are part of the same company that American Angler belongs to. Douglas Quikut.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Grape Solar will be donating some awesome gear for the BCSII. We carry phones and radios for safety and cameras for submitting CPR entries for tournaments. Running out of power can cost you a picture of a life time or worse in the event of an emergency. Grape Solar makes Solar and Recharging units that are compact and portable, perfect for day outings or multi day trips. Best of all this company is based in Eugene, Oregon. Local support rocks. Thank you Sandy. See what Grape Solar offers at www.grapesolar.com

Update: Grape Solar sent 1 Go Charger 8 and 1 Slate Recharge Lithium battery They will come as a prize package
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:14:37 PM by jed »

IdahoSkies

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Those Bob's Jigs were the cats meow last year.  I was just going through my box last week and putting together a list of what I needed for the season this year and that went on my "replace/refill" list.

anything