Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:43:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:33:08 AM]

[Today at 10:03:52 AM]

[Today at 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

[April 02, 2024, 09:39:30 AM]

[April 01, 2024, 12:06:53 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Oregon Rockfish Classic 2017  (Read 14507 times)

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
Pretty sure I'll be there.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
 :'( That date is my sons birthday.

-Allen

Adam12

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
Sweet, can't wait!
Adam

Red Revo13

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008

-Allen

Sorry about that.  Bring him with, I have a kids Kokatat drysuit. He will easily beat my entries.

Cooper3188

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
How do we enter? Website or in person?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
How do we enter? Website or in person?

Wait for it...  They'll let us know when it's time to start entering.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
 It will be posted soon. We don't want to take money until the rules and a few other things are finalized. That way there can be no complaints if something changes.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
I appreciate all of the effort that goes into this event. After previous ORC threads getting derailed I certainly don't want to be part of that. And I'm not trying to be negative. But it feels fair to say that it's a bummer to change the weekend away from the weekend after the 4th. I probably won't be able to make it. This is why people hope for dates sooner.

Everyone that is able to go - you're in for a good time! Eat a fish taco for me.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006

-Allen

Sorry about that.  Bring him with, I have a kids Kokatat drysuit. He will easily beat my entries.

Yeah, but then I'd have to bring his mother ...  ::)

-Allen

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011

-Allen

Yeah, but then I'd have to bring his mother ...  ::)

-Allen

Nah.  It's a father/son bonding trip.  Spin it right and you're good to go!
2012 ORC 5th Place

danr

• Perch
  • 2017 hobie outback
  • Date Registered: Nov 2016
i definatly want to go, but do need to get some experience in the ocean, made several trips out to the lakes here in rogue vally but have yet been babtized in salt, if anyone is goin out of brookings, or general area i would be greatful to go with for my firs time,

SrDesigner

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Nov 2016
i definatly want to go, but do need to get some experience in the ocean, made several trips out to the lakes here in rogue vally but have yet been babtized in salt, if anyone is goin out of brookings, or general area i would be greatful to go with for my firs time,

Danr,

I am in exactly the same 'boat' that you are...wanting to jump in but needing some confidence and guidance. Hopefully someone will have the time and patience to help us along.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin

Danr,
I am in exactly the same 'boat' that you are...wanting to jump in but needing some confidence and guidance. Hopefully someone will have the time and patience to help us along.

This is kind of a thread hi-jack and we should move this kind of discussion elsewhere, but a word of advice: both of you need to become proficient in self-rescue before thinking about heading for the ocean.  SrDesigner, you especially need to work with that PA14 because it's a big, heavy hull to get upright if it flips.  Patience is definitely a virtue.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012

Danr,

This is kind of a thread hi-jack and we should move this kind of discussion elsewhere, but a word of advice: both of you need to become proficient in self-rescue before thinking about heading for the ocean.  SrDesigner, you especially need to work with that PA14 because it's a big, heavy hull to get upright if it flips.  Patience is definitely a virtue.

Seems pretty relevant to me.  A couple new guys who want to participate in ORCX but acknowledging that they may not possess the seat time and skill set required to do so safely, and asking about that, and how to remedy that, and so, months in advance, are asking for help.  Seems pretty on point to me.

Danr, check your PM.

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
Might be a good idea to start a new thread called Orc prep and leave this one for announcements about the event.
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC