Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:47:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Bonneville Bass Bonanza 2017  (Read 5809 times)

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
I think the tourneyX/OKBF kills this as a HOW event. HOW participants used to get free entry from Kayak Shed. HOW policy is that chapter monies not go towards tournament entry fees.

Langston used to do all the heavy lifting, but he's moved on to greener pastures. I think Kayak Shed was happy to have someone step in and run the event. With more participants in the tourney it should raise more money for HOW, but it is sad that we lost a great event. The HOW Veteran participants really liked competing against everyone for all the awesome prizes. It was tough to get them to come back in for lunch.

Let's just hope there's not another oil train fire this year.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I think the tourneyX/OKBF kills this as a HOW event. HOW participants used to get free entry from Kayak Shed. HOW policy is that chapter monies not go towards tournament entry fees.

Langston used to do all the heavy lifting, but he's moved on to greener pastures. I think Kayak Shed was happy to have someone step in and run the event. With more participants in the tourney it should raise more money for HOW, but it is sad that we lost a great event. The HOW Veteran participants really liked competing against everyone for all the awesome prizes. It was tough to get them to come back in for lunch.

I would contact Aaron about the Tourney-x deal. I am fairly certain I've seen HOW events on tourney-x in the past also, I am sure they can work out some promo codes to be used for the vets.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010

I would contact Aaron about the Tourney-x deal. I am fairly certain I've seen HOW events on tourney-x in the past also, I am sure they can work out some promo codes to be used for the vets.

HOW fundraisers on TourneyX most certainly. Actual HOW events, not likely.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I've been trying to read the rules and there are a lot of them.

Am I to understand that this is no longer a "single biggest fish" tourney but a total of your top 5 combined?  Clarification of the new rules on here would be nice.
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

Matt M

• Sturgeon
I've been trying to read the rules and there are a lot of them.

Am I to understand that this is no longer a "single biggest fish" tourney but a total of your top 5 combined?  Clarification of the new rules on here would be nice.

It's still single largest fish.

From the Kayak Shed Page "The Bonneville Bass Bonanza will a single largest bass by length contest. Catch and release fishing ONLY!"
-Matt

Matt M

• Sturgeon

FYI

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

-Matt

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Thank you, Matt, for posting the update.

Dan_E

• Lingcod
  • Formerly known as Indyflyer
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Just got an email showing the refund.  Now to contact The Kayak Shed to register.  This was a good decision IMHO.

Dan_E

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Kk. Thanjs fir the update. Time to call the shed.
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

Matt M

• Sturgeon
-Matt

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014

FYI

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
That's a welcome change.   I was going to take a pass on the BBB this year but will work on signing up tomorrow (today's a lacrosse day).

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Thanks for the link, Matt.  Almost forgot, and didn't see it on their site.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Anyone heard any more about ID tags and the like? I'd really prefer not to have to drive to Hood River after work this week...

Matt M

• Sturgeon
Anyone heard any more about ID tags and the like? I'd really prefer not to have to drive to Hood River after work this week...

From the updated Kayak shed Page... A very welcome change.

Quote from: Kayak Shed
Photo Submission: We will email out a code for you to have in the photo. Write it on a piece of duct tape or similar and make sure it is near your Hawg trough to be in the photo. Please have the fishes mouth  closed.
-Matt

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Very convenient.  Thanks, Matt.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.