Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:21:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 22, 2024, 10:14:53 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 08:59:01 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: La push this weekend?  (Read 1819 times)

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Forecast for the weekend on looks awesome up there! Not sure about bottom fishing regs for there. instead of Depoe this weekend am thinking about la push. anyone else? Anything I need to know??? Are tent spots easy to get/find?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:52:39 PM by dampainter »

alpalmer

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
if the weather is good,   it might be challenging.   I thought Mora Campground was a Recreation.gov managed park but it isn't.    It's first-come first-serve.   It's a popular place so it would be a gamble for sure.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:28:25 PM by alpalmer »
"A venturesome minority will always be eager to get off on their own,
and no obstacle should be placed in their path;
let them take risk, for God sake, let them get lost, sun burnt, stranded, drowned,
eaten by bears, buried alive under avalanches -
that is the right and privilege of any free American."
--Edward Abbey--

micahgee

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
If that doesn't work you could try the Quillayute Oceanside Resort in La Push. There is a campground and RV park that may be worth looking into.
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org

dampainter

• Salmon
marine forecast shows conditions to be about same for both depoe and la push saturday and sunday but magic seaweed shows it to be much better at la push?? not sure what to do. thats a lot longer drive to la push. driven by it but never fished there.

smokeyangler

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
If the ocean's blown out at Lapush, you could head to Neah Bay and fish the Straight.  It's always nice to have a backup plan. 
2014 Hobie PA 14
2015 Hobie Outback

DWB123

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
Forecast for the weekend on looks awesome up there! Not sure about bottom fishing regs for there. instead of Depoe this weekend am thinking about la push. anyone else? Anything I need to know??? Are tent spots easy to get/find?

might be slammed for the holiday, but lots of good spots within a mile or two of launch. bar is minimal unless strong south winds and big tidal exchange. 7 rockfish, 2 lings, or 1 ling and 1 cabbie. 120' depth restriction. have fun! if you can get a room or tent spot @ quileute oceanside resort, give it a go. it's a great setup and location.

if you're good to drive back and forth because rooms/tent spots are booked @ La Push, Forks isn't too bad of a drive and has a lot more lodging options.

dampainter

• Salmon
thanks for info on limits, i was reading 2 cabbie`s, no size in rockfish limit as well as 2 lings no size limit either. have hotel at la push tomarrow nite and then sat and sunday at sekiu. god willing!!! i got lucky as seems everywhere is booked and at this late of notice too. hope to get out somewhere up there and git some!! would be good to have others with me. good luck wherever u go. tatoosh doable with forecast right? anywhere up there  from lapush to neah bay sekiu area right? any currents this weekend i should watch out for in the strait or other(tatoosh island)? about 6 hours drive time, hotels... hopefully some fish are gonna die this weekend! with the magic seaweed forecast for lapush/cape flattery without ever fishing it those 2 area`s conditions are more than doable right??? if that was depoe bay`s forecast i`d be all over that. too late now i guess will find out. really hoping for lapush saturday and tatoosh island area sunday and one or other monday. any experts on area? so is it doable as am thinking? does a 4.5 down to 3-3.5 swell effect the seas up there any different than depoe? minus tides this weekend does that affect any? currents or other i need to know???

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:04:06 PM by dampainter »

• Date Registered: Mar 2016
Me and a buddy will be launching at lapush around 7:30 or 8am on Saturday. Another friend will be near by in his boat. For camping sites I would recommend staying at three rivers resort. Its about 10 minutes away from Lapush, or mora is another nice option. If your interested in joining feel free to shoot me a message. weather is looking great!

dampainter

• Salmon
It's gorgeous out there. looking forward to tomorrow. 15 dollar launch/parking fee? C u at launch or on the water.

• Date Registered: Mar 2016
Was nice meeting you out there. Hope you do well today! I will be back out there Tuesday, and maybe Thursday for halibut. Here is a pic of mine, and Johns fish from today. The lings measured at 31 and 32 inches and the cabby was just short of 29. With an added 14 bass and 3 Grenlings. Pretty good day!

P.S Released approximately 20 smaller bass and 2 short lings
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 05:29:46 AM by jakeandrae »

henney

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Looks like a good time!

dampainter

• Salmon
was good to meet u guys as well. was great to see u guys putting a clinic on impressive. i stopped at thriftway, thanks.  neah bay area winds were too much as of when i left at 1230 today. just got home and then in the morning heading to depoe bay til friday. for it not suppose to be blowing would hate to see what it does when it does blow up there. 

anything