Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:35:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: MA10  (Read 6093 times)

henney

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I ended up at Edmonds today. 1 takedown for 1 fish. Much larger model than the 4-6lb fish I've been catching out there. Blackjack Brad's cut plug 80' on the line counter in 500+ FOW. There was a tribal net out there all morning.

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
Curious if you were out early during the big flood or waited till later can fished the slack flood about noonish?  Haven't fished Edmonds much, but I think the tide can move right along through there.  Do you know if you can ride it down to the oil docks and go in closer to shore to catch a back eddie?  I'm O/2 lately and it's getting harder to get a paddle-pass.  If you hit high slack I might party a bit Friday night and still make it out, lol.  I thought about seeing if my wife would take me to Edmonds at o-dark-30 and riding the flood all the way down to Golden Gardens where she could pick me up, but I don't need a fish that bad yet  :knob:.

henney

• Rockfish
I was out just after first light and current was pushing south pretty hard, with wind out of the north. I was rerigging just south of the oil docks around 7:30 and was being pushed south at about 1.5-2 mph. I trolled north against it and picked up a fish around 9 halfway between the docks and the Point Edwards. There was a little bit of action around me within the next half hour or so. A run from Edmonds to Shilshole would have been pretty easy today.

gnomodom

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
To help those who haven't fished Shilshole, on an incoming tide, this is a reasonable route many try.  If you put in at the Garden, don't overlook circling just off shore.  If you head to the green buoy off the point, the tide (this weekend) will switch to incoming, so fish the buoy early as the tide will flow at a good rate after about 8 AM.  You can ride it toward where Gnom picked his up and then head in closer to the jetty on the paddle back to avoid heading into the tide.  I lost a good fish in 90 fw fishing 60ft about 1/4 way from the north end of the jetty.  You can usually pick up a back eddie near the beach again, paddle north and repeat.  If using downriggers, be aware the bottom comes up VERY quickly if you get between the green buoy on the north end and the beach.

This link will give you an idea of current based on Seattle tide flows and currents can be every bit as important as tide flows inside the sound. 
http://nsgl.gso.uri.edu/washu/washuc77001/washuc77001_part2.pdf

I was doing a very similar loop, but further offshore, and slightly longer.  There was very little action closer to shore. Plenty of boats, but less hookups. For me last weekend, getting deep was important to get to the fish. I didn't mark a single one on the FF either, so they are definitely moving around.

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
Sunday is looking a little more favorable for Edmonds or Shilshole from my view.  Winds 5-10 out of the NW come in pretty hard both places, Sunday maybe 4 mph wind out of the ENE should provide some shore/wave relief for both areas. 
I saw lots of guys fishing from shore off Golden Gardens and might even try that for a few hours early Saturday trying a buzz bomb or Blue Fox Vibrax spinner I've had luck with for a hour or so.  Good luck

henney

• Rockfish
Didn't have a single take down this morning until I was in my way in. 265FOW, 80'on the line counter, BlackJack Brad's with herring teaser, low slack.

I saw several fish netted this morning. It's not over yet!

maturin

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Whats everyone targeting Jan/Feb?   Im at a loss as to what to go after...   

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Squid? Sea Run cutts?  Flatfish?

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
I'm expecting to head back to Shilshole Bay at least a few times in January and February when conditions are good. Both trolling and vertical jigging worked great on the blackmouths and by the end of January (per estimate from Trident 13) or so, I might actually get to keep one of them. Of course, the limit for retention of chinook is only one so it's not like I'll be feeding the neighborhood. My youngest daughter loves salmon, though, so she'll be happy. :)

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Whats everyone targeting Jan/Feb?   Im at a loss as to what to go after...

Lots of resident coho in 13. Usual spots.