Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:01:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Hoodsport chum?  (Read 6529 times)

Jbauman915

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017
Was the only watercraft out there!  Easy  day. Caught 9 but released those as much darker in the belly. Give these ones a try on smoke. If no good. Atleast got some crab bait for next season! 

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
Good luck with the smoker. My suggestion is take a small bite to start, just saying. I had really good luck using the eggs for crab bait I n a small holed container. Freeze them in the same shape or even in the containers if you use containers. Easy to pick and go rather that whacking frozen stuff to fit.
They are fun to catch arent they!

PS. Keep the fish separated if you can, especially the lighter colored one. A plastic ziplock with holes to let the brine in will separate them and also works for different species if you want to test them.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:06:10 PM by Trident 13 »

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Thank you to Polyangler, Trident13, and everyone who's posted in the past on the Hoodsport chum scene. We had a great, although cold, time. It was fun to battle with these beasts!

Trident 13

• Salmon
That should qualify as double points!

These guys are really beasts!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:52:17 PM by Trident 13 »

Jbauman915

• Herring
Good luck with the smoker. My suggestion is take a small bite to start, just saying. I had really good luck using the eggs for crab bait I n a small holed container. Freeze them in the same shape or even in the containers if you use containers. Easy to pick and go rather that whacking frozen stuff to fit.
They are fun to catch aren�t they!

PS. Keep the fish separated if you can, especially the lighter colored one. A plastic ziplock with holes to let the brine in will separate them and also works for different species if you want to test them.
Two actually had pretty red meat, the hen was one. The other was pretty white so it went in the bag with carcasses for crab bait. Good filet practice haha. Im curing eggs in a tupperware. Probably leave in that and freeze it

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Are any of you going to be out there this Saturday? Im heading up Saturday morning. Need about 60 points to pass up captain red beard this weekend![emoji12]Ill be leaving Salem at 5:00am so Ill get there around 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbauman915

• Herring
Are any of you going to be out there this Saturday? I�m heading up Saturday morning. Need about 60 points to pass up captain red beard this weekend![emoji12]I�ll be leaving Salem at 5:00am so I�ll get there around 8

Ill be elk hunting sadly. I need to figure out these points. I been killing it since i got my yak.  I have to read the rules and start posting and stuff.

Casey

• Salmon
Are any of you going to be out there this Saturday? I�m heading up Saturday morning. Need about 60 points to pass up captain red beard this weekend![emoji12]I�ll be leaving Salem at 5:00am so I�ll get there around 8

Ill be elk hunting sadly. I need to figure out these points. I been killing it since i got my yak.  I have to read the rules and start posting and stuff.

You totally should sign up. Its tons of fun! Ive always loved fishing, but this has sparked a whole new flame. This is my second year on a kayak and first year doing ATOY. Ive learned so much, and have been very humbled as a fisherman. Catching ten different quality species is way more difficult than I expected. Take a look at the leaderboard in years past. There are some impressive anglers with really high catch averages.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Are any of you going to be out there this Saturday? Im heading up Saturday morning. Need about 60 points to pass up captain red beard this weekend![emoji12]

I'm glad I inspired you!  ;D You'll have a good time.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Are any of you going to be out there this Saturday? Im heading up Saturday morning. Need about 60 points to pass up captain red beard this weekend![emoji12]Ill be leaving Salem at 5:00am so Ill get there around 8

There's going to be a group of us out there on Saturday.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 05:18:37 PM by jed »

Jbauman915

• Herring
Yall always go when i cant!  Elk hunting right now.

Casey

• Salmon
That was my first Chum experience. Holy cow, that was fun! It was like getting fast perch action with a chinook fight. My arms are really tired! It was cool to see you out there, Jed. You killed it today! It seemed like every time I️ looked over you were fighting fish. You definitely had fish on more often than not. Even caught one bare handed on the way out, lol.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
It was great fishing with you guys Casey, you really put the hurt to the fish. That's one of my favorite fisheries but my arms for a week afterwards. You have to go up if they have a Slayride derby next year.

Trident 13

• Salmon
Kayaks are optional but you still need white water gear after the recent storm  Shelton is not far from Hoodsport and depending on where you come from, you cross some of the bays where chum return.  This is kind of an annual thing in lower areas after fall storms.  The Chum take shortcuts across the road.

Would be kind of interesting bow fishing, but you'd need a long line for a miss!

Casey

• Salmon
It was great fishing with you guys Casey, you really put the hurt to the fish. That's one of my favorite fisheries but my arms for a week afterwards. You have to go up if they have a Slayride derby next year.
How come your chum hasnt shown up on the board, Jed?