Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:57:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout ll Official Announcement!  (Read 9222 times)

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Thanks again for the info!

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Hi guys, just wanted to give you a heads up. If you are planning to camp for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout II this year you may want to reserve a spot at Hewitt/Holcomb Park. Late May could be busy and there are only 17 camp spots. There are RV sites also available. Call Karen at the Baker county parks and rec. dept. She has blocked an area for the BCS competitors for 2 weeks to try and keep up together. Mention the Crappie Shootout if you call. #is (541) 523-8342. Hope to see you there.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Bump update added:

Wheeleez
Big Hammer
MPOWERD/ Luci Solar Lights
Orion Signals
Vexan Rods/ Tackle Industries
Boomerang Tool Company
Kayak Kaddy

Dan_E

• Lingcod
  • Formerly known as Indyflyer
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Just saw the link on FB and sent my payment!  Looking forward to a great weekend!

Dan E

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Just saw the link on FB and sent my payment!  Looking forward to a great weekend!

Dan E
Got your payment Dan. Haha I forgot that was up there. I was just checking to see if it worked. Guess it does. I will post start a registration thread for participants.

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
All paid up and campsite reserved.   Should be a fun tournament to start off the season.  Jed you have done a great job lining up sponsors.  I have never fished Brownlee and am really looking forward to it.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Thanks a lot James. If you are down there on Friday there will be a few of us fishing. Looking forward to fishing with you.

Boquist

• Krill
  • Date Registered: May 2016
Hi Jed, I haven't signed up yet and this will be my first tournament. Reading through the rules, can you explain what a BCSII identifier is?  The CPR acronym is one of my favorites.  But without knowing whether I have a BCSII identifier on my pics, I may literally be performing CPR on the bass to qualify at check in. LOL!!!  Clarification on this other requirement would be awesome.  Thanks.
Mike - Happy Kayaking!!!

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Hi Boquist, hope you have been catching some fish. The identifier will be issued either at the capt. meeting (Friday evening 7ish at Holcomb Park)or sometime before the event. If you can't make the meeting then we can work something out. Last year it was a card that had to be displayed in the pix you submit, this year it may be something different. -jed

Boquist

• Krill
  • Date Registered: May 2016
Ohhh. That makes sense now. Thanks.  I initially thought it was some feature or setting on my camera to turn on, like the date/time stamp.  I didn't realize it was a last minute issued wookie, gizmo or other detail.  Totally makes sense.  Hopefully, it's not the Richland Daily Bee!!!!  I'm heading to Hells Canyon Res this morning to see if I have any mojo and can restock the freezer.  For anyone thinking about scouting Brownlee in preparation for the tourn.,  I hear the Army Corp. has it drawn down to nearly nothing.  It's a giant mud flat with just a creek flowing, especially in the Powder Arm.  I'm sure it will be full in time for the tournament, but that makes it tough for scouting. Altough it should be real easy to look for hidden structure and mark it on the GPS.
Mike - Happy Kayaking!!!

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Ohhh. That makes sense now. Thanks.  I initially thought it was some feature or setting on my camera to turn on, like the date/time stamp.  I didn't realize it was a last minute issued wookie, gizmo or other detail.  Totally makes sense.  Hopefully, it's not the Richland Daily Bee!!!!  I'm heading to Hells Canyon Res this morning to see if I have any mojo and can restock the freezer.  For anyone thinking about scouting Brownlee in preparation for the tourn.,  I hear the Army Corp. has it drawn down to nearly nothing.  It's a giant mud flat with just a creek flowing, especially in the Powder Arm.  I'm sure it will be full in time for the tournament, but that makes it tough for scouting. Altough it should be real easy to look for hidden structure and mark it on the GPS.
It is 50+ feet down now. Justin and I scouted Swedes yesterday. The launch was a little muddy but not bad. We caught 30 or so of the smaller 10-12 inch bass each and some crappie in the 10-11 inch range and an 11 in perch. Hopefully they will raise it a little before the tourney. Oxbow is also legal to fish if you want to scout that reservoir.

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
While the Res. has been dropped for flood control, there is still a lot of water to fish. We were 20 miles from the dam and still in 100ft+ depth of water. Just means the fish have less places to hide from me :D I might scout Oxbow Res this weekend.
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

Justin

• Sturgeon
Just read in the paper that they are going to start raising the water level.  I've launched  at hewitt in the yak even when pwr boats still couldnt. I'm wondering if we might get lucky now. A

Anyways, im hitting Oxbow tomorrow and will report back.
aka - JoeSnuffy

Justin

• Sturgeon
I'm going to buy a hat to mount that buckle on. Bling to show off at BBB.
aka - JoeSnuffy