Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Angler of the Year 2017 (AOTY) - Kickoff and questions  (Read 15123 times)

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I'll run it by the committee but I don't see any reason why those can't register under "largemouth".

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I'll run it by the committee but I don't see any reason why those can't register under "largemouth".

Thanks! I would venture to guess most of us wouldn't be able to differentiate between the two without looking twice. Figured I would ask since it sounds like Cottage grove (OKBF) has a decent population of Spots from what I've read.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006

Thanks! I would venture to guess most of us wouldn't be able to differentiate between the two without looking twice. Figured I would ask since it sounds like Cottage grove (OKBF) has a decent population of Spots from what I've read.

It gets even harder with spot/smallie hybrids.   >:D

-Allen

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016

It gets even harder with spot/smallie hybrids.   >:D

-Allen
For sure it does. Growing up fishing Lake Oroville and Shasta I have learned to identify them pretty well, but figured I would ask on the off chance I manage to catch one in permitted waters.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Wait a minute!  Oregon has a much larger population of Striped bass than we do of Kentucky bass, but stripers still don't count?

(I'm not being serious)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:32:22 PM by Tinker »
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
^bump^

Kokatat is putting up $250 in Kokatat.com money for third place, and Big Hammer is joining us again this year!

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
Just a head's up that I had to modify the top prize. The paddle is no longer included. Apologies.

• Date Registered: Jan 2017
Hey I cant seem to remember my password for AOTY, and i cant figure out how to do a password reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Hey I cant seem to remember my password for AOTY, and i cant figure out how to do a password reset.

I had that issue. I just kept trying and it popped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Date Registered: Jan 2017
Huh, ill try on a computer, maybe its the mobile. Got first blood on my kayak finally!

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
I've noticed that there are other fish being verified, but the one I submitted yesterday is not. Is there something wrong with my picture? I totally understand that it can take time. Just thinking since others are coming through maybe my pic isn't clear enough or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
Just a quick note for anyone who comes across this later:

The fish don't necessarily get verified in the order they are submitted. There are several reasons for this but the primary one is that we have a pool of judges and each of us tends to have a geographic area we're most familiar with. For example I know Oregon regs pretty well so if I jump on and scan through I'll tend to only verify Oregon ones if I don't have extra time, because most of the time I don't have to look anything up.

Occasionally there are also questions about an entry and we either discuss or get in touch with the participant to ask for another picture or a clarifying question, etc.

So the main point is that it will get done eventually and as long as you submit your fish within the 2 week window it will count (all other things being equal) even if it takes us a while to get to.

That said, you are always welcome to message me to ask about an entry and I'll check it out for you as soon as I can.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
The submission queue is all caught up - thank you bsteves!

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
Bump for more sponsors!

NEMRods is donating another custom salmon rod this year. If you're not sure how cool that is, check out these pictures of the 2016 rod that Rawkfish won (below). I love the NWKA and HOW logos!

I'm also excited to announce that ProCure is back on board as well to support our event! A lot of us have become devotees to their scents over time and I can truly say I no longer leave the dock without it on my ship.

More prize announcements coming soon!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:37:17 PM by Captain Redbeard »

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
That's a gorgeous rod, and I do love those scents! 
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

anything