Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:44:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Mens Gore-Tex Idol Dry Suit with Switch Zip XXL -$600 - SOLD  (Read 2503 times)

ballardbrad

• Salmon
  • Kayak Fishing Washington
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
SOLD

Attention all you big boys out there looking to kayak fish throughout the year.  Here's a screaming deal on a brand new dry suit.  I got this from Kokatat last year and tried it on twice.  This dry suit has Kokatat's "SwitchZip" technology which instead of a  front entry, zips around your waist and a gasket is twisted and locks.  The idea is that you can marry different tops with different bottoms or wear or the other.

Here's the deal. When I first put it on, I yanked the zipper pretty hard and put a small tare in the suit just below the seal of the zipper.  I sent it back to Kokatat and it's been fully repaired.  You can see in the photo.  It's fully waterproof and does not effect the integrity of the suit.  I've never worn it on the water and already have two other dry suits.  Neck and wrist gaskets have been trimmed.

The  would run you $1275 new and I'm selling for $600 (Firm). Not interested in any trades. Thanks~

I'm located in Ballard (Seattle).  Local pick up or I can ship at your expense.

https://kokatat.com/product/gore-tex-idol-dry-suit-with-switchzip-technology-dsugids

~Brad

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
How much room is there around the gut area? My dad is looking for a suit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casey

• Salmon
PM sent

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
While shopping for a new suit for Li'l Insayn, I just noticed these SwitchZip suits for the first time.

Interesting idea for sure.

What are your thoughts on the design and why did it not become your new favorite suit being that you already having a few other suits?  Is it more of a gimmick or just not your style?   8)

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

ballardbrad

• Salmon
  • Kayak Fishing Washington
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
While shopping for a new suit for Li'l Insayn, I just noticed these SwitchZip suits for the first time.

What are your thoughts on the design and why did it not become your new favorite suit being that you already having a few other suits?  Is it more of a gimmick or just not your style?   8)

In full disclosure, it's a great dry suit.  Kokatat just sent me their new Angler Suite in Goretex.  I'm just used to the step in, one piece style and can't justify having three dry suits.

Low_Sky

• Salmon

I tried on an Idol when I was shopping. It's made to be compatible with skirts, so there's extra layers of fabric and Velcro closures at the waist. As someone who would only ever wear it in dry suit mode, I found it overly complicated. Also wasn't a fan of the waist zip, it wasn't as easy as a diagonal zipper across the chest.

2016 Hobie Revolution 16
2014 Perception Triumph 13

jmbx2ditto

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jun 2015
For what it's worth I've used one for 2 seasons.
Advantages- I've noticed is when shoring I can take the top of and have pant waders. The neoprene wasteline gives back support for full day on the water.
Disadvantage- practicing re-entries I found the zipper leaked until I waxed the zipper liberally (also may prevent tears mentioned earlier).
Overall I like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2015
If only it was an L King....
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.

anything