Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:11:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: where to launch and fish near north Seattle  (Read 1640 times)

flyzen

• Krill
  • Date Registered: May 2008
I have a PA 17 and need a boat ramp, but looking to chase some Coho, just looking for ideas for the best launch for this purpose?

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
Shilshole marina near Golden garden park works well. Be read for lots of company at the launch while the coho are in. Likely street parking and a walk in.  More"sporting" (read that jealous) can easily launch on wheels from golden park.
Edmonds is a tougher beach launch especially with that size.
Good luck.

gnomodom

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
.. What Triden13 said. If you're trailering and an early riser, the marina is your best bet. I normally street park right by the ice cream / hotdog shop, but I also cartop my revo.

Trident 13

• Salmon
Saturday AM is looking pretty attractive for either Shilshole or Edmonds.

gnomodom

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I'll probably be out there at first light on Saturday. I'm a big dude in a revo 13. Go figures last time I was out at shilshole all I caught were kings, and they were closed in MA10 at that point. I'm good for another try though. I guess I can at least stow a bass rod and come home with flatfish if I'm skunked on salmon.

flyzen

• Krill
Thanks for the input, do you use jigs for the flatfish or bait

Trident 13

• Salmon
Bait if an accountant does your taxes, I personally use jigs most of the time. This weekend the slack is ok but short. It will be a salmon weekend if I can get out.

Trident 13

• Salmon
Last weekend a couple of us fished of Golden Garden and after a bit were blown off the water with small craft warnings. I confirmed with WFG this morning if that happens you can paddle through the marina and be protected by the jetty and then fish the entrance to the locks.  The rule says 175 ft south of the RR bridge.  there's two wooden walls for boats waiting to go up the locks to tie off.  The south one is shorter and is about 400 ft long.  The north one has a split half way at about 320 feet (by google) so if you needed protected salt and brackish water you could hide out there and as far out in the bay as the direction and volume of the wind allows. 
Forecast is for lighter winds and a high tide around 8 AM.  If you launch 6:30-7 AM from shilshole or Golen Gardens you can paddle north closer to shore riding a back eddie out to the green buoy where most PBs will be.  Watch for boats leaving the landing.  Pending the wind you can fish there or ride the flood tide south toward West Point.  After high slack the outgoing will take you back toward the green buoy off Golden Garden, wind permitting.  It's not a big tide and any of those areas will put you in usually productive water. (I have not fished in the entrance area, but should have last week.)
Pending Friday night festivities I'm hoping for a launch about 7 from the Golden Garden parking area, and there are rest rooms open near by.  Will keep an eye open for gnomodom and flyzen and if fly wants to fish for flatties, a 2-4 ounce jig should get you to the bottom before and after slack and also works for salmon.  Being on the bottom increases the chance of C&R kings.
Good luck.
No kings or wild coho, 2 combined coho, pinks or chum are good as are atlantic if you get one.  There's reported to be a few around and they look a little different.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:40:37 AM by Trident 13 »

flyzen

• Krill
So I am going to launch from Eddie Vine, I should be there between 630 and 7

Trident 13

• Salmon
Lol, fished out of the launch for over 30 years, but never heard it called Eddie Vines.  There were quite a few yaks out in front.  Lost a keepable silver 200 feet from the launch at Golden beach and then picked up  multiple shakers toward the green buoy.  Headed toward the entrance to the Ship canal and had a nice fish at 60 feet nail a coyote spoon.  Raced right to the surface and did a flip handing the spoon back to me.  Not huge, but again, keepable.  Toward the end of the paddle about 11, the last two 13-14 inch shakers were starting to look like a salmon slider sandwich:-)

flyzen

• Krill
I was heading in, knee was hurting and stopped by the wood pillars off the beach in about 40 ft and caught about 10, most were small, but did get a 4 pound fish. The fish were hammering my 4" pearl jig. It was my first time out and had a great time. Thanks for your help out there gnomodom.

anything