Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:53:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Looking for Fishing Buddy (mason/kitsap)  (Read 1417 times)

sounguru

• One Old Fat Bass
  • Krill
  • One Old Fat Bass
  • Date Registered: May 2017
Apologies in advance for the long post. ;)

Hello Fellow Yakkers…..

I am looking for any fellow yakkers in the Mason/Kitsap area to fish with and maybe help with recovery practice. I will be receiving my new boat mid week this week and want to get it out. Still trying to determine where would be a good place to go and get some good old bassy and trout slime on my new ride.

Recovery practice will be determined by my physical well being at this time since I have achieved in injuring myself multiple ways and I am still recovering. Getting Old Sucks....

Potential Spots I know.... or Suggestions welcomed...

Lake Deverdaux - Okay trout but a good recovery practice lake. No luck on bass there yet but have seen a few pulled in.
Wooten Lake - This is my go to and piddle around lake. Usually limit out on trout and have seen bass but again no luck, also a good place for recovery practice.
Haven Lake - Never fished it but did go out once on it for about 10 minutes until boat started sinking. I have heard it is good fishing but not sure about Skiers on it.
Panther lake - Only on weekdays the Skiers there are the most inconsiderate bunch I have ever seen. Depending on weather maybe forced off lake by noon by skiers/jet skiers. Sad I really like this lake.
Limerick Lake - Really like this lake and have landed a few bass here.
Wicks Lake - Really shallow 200+ foot drag to get in, but is supposed to be a good bassin' hole. This is on my got to try really soon list. No gas allowed so sounds like my type of hole and low pressure on those fish that do reside there.

I want to stay off some of the larger lakes and Skier holes like Long in Kitsap and Mason/Spencer until I am more comfortable with the boat. I do plan to hit these after I am more comfortable and geared up. I plan on running year round if I can acquire the gear needed for our cooler/wetter times over the winter.

I plan on bassin', trolling for trout, and just peddling around to test the boat and see the scenery, so no real need to feel like we have to stay uber close too each other. Just always find it nicer to have someone to brag too or just shoot the (insert preferred word here) with while fishing. If I am up to the recovery practice I always want someone near for safety reasons of course. I may also drag my son (14) along, but that is a wait and see if he is grounded or in summer school when we set a time.

So a little info about me in advance... (figure it best to know what you maybe getting into)

I am within spitting distance of 50, but age of fellow fishers have never been a real big deal to me as long as they are laid back and cool. If you have uber strong beliefs please leave them at home. I grew up in the central part of this country and just want the government and the shouting buffoons on both sides of the great divide to leave me the hell alone. If you are into perfect political correctness I also my not be your preferred fisher buddy I can be crass at times...  ;D I tried fishing a few times with someone who had to let me know what all their beliefs are and at the loudest tone possible and it was a miserable day. I do not mind having Political/Religious conversations as long as they are that conversations not attempts to prove which is the holier viewpoint or convert me. Agreeing to Disagree does not mean we can't still be good fishing friends.

Any day is good with enough advance notice to shuffle children around to be watched. I love to fish anytime usually starting early around sunrise and going until I limit, am tuckered out, or the sun leaves the sky. Do not have a lot of gear, but will make do with what I have so don't expect me to be a "hey can I use your whatever" type. I am really interested in learning soft plastics since all I used in my younger days was hard baits and Stink bait... Aww the joys of Oklahoma, I really miss those all night catfish trips. Also would love to see a freshwater meetup once or twice a month on this side of the great pond from Seattle and would be a avid memeber.

I have never been on salt and won't until I have the gear, guide, and cofindence to do so. I would be interested and the boat should handle it but all in good time.

So anyway there it all is in a nutshell anyone interested let me know.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:51:05 PM by sounguru »
You #$*! Crappie stay off my lawn....