Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:51:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Sucia Island '09  (Read 20356 times)

bjoakland

• Salmon
  • Piscis Venator
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Just got an email from the Holiday Market in Burlington and it has a link to the '09 Marine rules. Link below.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/northfalcon/2009_marine_area_rules.pdf
•• If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~ Doug Larson ••

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
  • Date Registered: May 2008
What's up with closing Halibut Friday-Sunday?  I guess people with traditional jobs are exempt from Halibut fishing w/o taking time off from work. >:( >:(  This state F___'n sucks.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
What's up with closing Halibut Friday-Sunday?  I guess people with traditional jobs are exempt from Halibut fishing w/o taking time off from work. >:( >:(  This state F___'n sucks.

Which marine area are you seeing this in?

-Allen

steelheadr

• Participant in life...not spectator
  • Sturgeon
  • Pay no attention to the man in the hat.
  • Peterberger Adventures
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007

Maybe I should move up to WA. With Sun/Mon off, I've been shut out of springers and sturgeon down in OR. Now I'm waiting for the coastal chrome to show up in a month or 2...
"Fast enough to get there...but slow enough to see. Not known for predictability"  Thanks to Jimmy Buffet for describing my life...again

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic

Which marine area are you seeing this in?

-Allen

Crap... I misread  :-[ Areas 6-11 & 13 are the ones I was thinking of... I just reread it and it is Thursday through Monday, not Monday through Thursday.  Oh well, the rules are still confusing.  I never realized Rockfishing was such a lottery, the first one you catch is your limit in some of the areas.

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Crap... I misread  :-[ Areas 6-11 & 13 are the ones I was thinking of... I just reread it and it is Thursday through Monday, not Monday through Thursday.  Oh well, the rules are still confusing.  I never realized Rockfishing was such a lottery, the first one you catch is your limit in some of the areas.

Yep, pretty much forget rockfishing in the sound. The rules are crazy but I think they're doing a great service. They keep the crowds down and keeping certain fish stocks from evaporating. The sound used to be rich in many kinds of fish. It was pounded extremely hard through the years and now it's only a shadow of it's former self. Pole's told me of the days when rockfish and lings were plentiful throughout the sound and you could even catch true cod.

If you really want rockfish it can be good around Neah Bay and then further south in Seaside or Pac. City OR. Both around 4+ hour drive. And although the rockfishing may be little in our state there's a lot of other kinds of fishing out there for us. ;) How about some SMB, LMB, lakers, cutties, steel, salmon? If you ask me we're pretty lucky... and it's even a pink year!! :love10:

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic

HGH - confirmed
'Yak Monkey - confirmed
yessnoo - confirmed
yakker - confirmed
silverking -
OPEN SLOT -

Is there still an open slot?  If so, count me in!  My other ride fell through.

bjoakland

• Salmon
  • Piscis Venator
HGH - confirmed
'Yak Monkey - confirmed
yessnoo - confirmed
yakker - confirmed
silverking - ?????
Yarjammer - confirmed
•• If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~ Doug Larson ••

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic

HBH

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:22:10 PM by HBH »

Yakker

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
weather is looking good for the coming weeken

only a few days left to pack...

Just noticed the weather is looking up for next weekend--yahhoo!
Hope everyone else going on this trip is as stoked as I am--damn near all I can think about!   ;D ;D
With all the excitement just want to remind everyone to go over your checklist of equipment-- don't forget anything essential--like fishing license, etc....
See you all bright and early Friday morning and thanks again, HBH, for providing the mother ship for this event.

Rob.

There is a thin line between hobby and insanity.

steelheadr

• Participant in life...not spectator
  • Sturgeon
  • Pay no attention to the man in the hat.
  • Peterberger Adventures
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
We're all expecting big things from you guys on this trip. Not to mention some awesome trip reports...
"Fast enough to get there...but slow enough to see. Not known for predictability"  Thanks to Jimmy Buffet for describing my life...again

bjoakland

• Salmon
  • Piscis Venator
HBH - confirmed
'Yak Monkey - confirmed
yessnoo - confirmed
yakker - confirmed
Yarjammer - confirmed
Open Slot -

I hate to have to do it, but without having heard back from SilverKing and no answer to a pm, I think it's only fair that the last spot be opened up last minute.

It does look like the weather will be nice!  Yay!  The tides are also favorable in that we have plenty of slack tide fishing opportunities.

amb

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
You guys should have a blast.  Wish I could join you but I'll have to settle for hearing the stories instead.  Good luck all -

Alan

HBH

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
driving directions??:

take I-5 all the way to the LAST exist before Canada, cross back under I-5, take the first right by "subway" sandwich shop, drive approx 2 blocks, turn left into the parking lot for "gate one" parking at the Blaine Marina (operated by the Port of Bellingham)....there is a gate and a ramp down to the slips...probabaly 1/8 mile walk from the parking lot...slip C45...please PM and i will pass along the gate code and my cell phone number for access...i will be leaving for the marina about 8am friday am and hope we leave around 10-11ish friday am...stopped by the PB this am and she is anxiously awaiting some activity...

anything