Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:33:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Hey from "another" Beaverton Newb!  (Read 1221 times)

Bthomas

• This is the Bomb!!!
  • Herring
  • Doesn't get much better than fishing,,,
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
Hi All!  Great forum with super information!  I fish fly, center pin and gear.  I'm researching which kayak to buy and will hopefully have one soon. 

While searching for a new boat, my wife suggested kayaks and I started reading and lurking and am now really excited about buying us some kayaks and abandoning the boat... 

I'm a longtime driftboater and can't wait to meet and learn from a lot of you!

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--------------------------------------
2016 PRo Angler 14
2017 Outback that I share with my wife occasionally...

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
Welcome.  I am another Beaverton resident.  I own a Hobie Outback and love it.  I would recommend a pedal driven kayak as it will allow your hands to be free while fishing.  I am also able to stand on my Hobie which may make it easier to fly fish on.   I often fish the salt in the summer and am learning the ropes on salmon this last year.  I try to go out as much as i can.  Let me know when you get all set up. Look forward to hearing what you choose.  I would take it to the local sturgeon honey hole and test it out and feel what a sleigh ride is all about.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:10:23 PM by Zach.Dennis »
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

Beer_Run

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Welcome.  I also recently parked my drift boat and 16Â’ Klamath in favor of a Hobie Outback.  Best decision I ever made.  Had a decent run at the Salmon but was learning the ropes.  Got two in Nehalem and 4 at the mouth of the Lewis. Too many crabs to count and a couple of great days on the Willamette for C&R sturgeon.  You will love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:49:18 PM by Beer_Run »
- Bob

2020 Hobie Outback - Seagrass
2021 Old Town AutoPilot 120 - Blue/Gray

Bthomas

• This is the Bomb!!!
  • Herring
Beerrun, it really made me happy to hear what you had to say!  I think I'll enjoy it too!  Sounds like a good year for you so far!  I'm really looking forward to crabbing too!

Z.D., I am looking for a pedal kak.  I will spend time on the Willi and Columbia, local lakes, bays, take it with us rv'ing and someday I'd love to fish the salt!

I'm 6'3", 270 and have been impressed with the Outback and PA14.  I like the thought of stability as I'm not the athlete at 55 that i used to be... 

I'm also looking at the Santa Cruz Raptor G2, possibly for my wife when we're local and also for me in the salt...  Watching that boat go through the surf was really nice!  Reminded me of being in a Dory...

I think the PA would be great locally and in bays, but I worry about keeping up with others and worry a bit about using it in the ocean although I'm soooo new to this that I'm not sure of anything yet...LOL!

Thanks for the nice welcomes!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 12:21:22 AM by Bthomas »
2016 PRo Angler 14

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Beerrun, it really made me happy to hear what you had to say!  I think I'll enjoy it too!  Sounds like a good year for you so far!  I'm really looking forward to crabbing too!

Z.D., I am looking for a pedal kak.  I will spend time on the Willi and Columbia, local lakes, bays, take it with us rv'ing and someday I'd love to fish the salt!

I'm 6'3", 270 and have been impressed with the Outback and PA14.  I like the thought of stability as I'm not the athlete at 55 that i used to be... 

I think the PA would be great locally and in bays, but I worry about keeping up with others and worry a bit about using it in the ocean although I'm soooo new to this that I'm not sure of anything yet...LOL!

Thanks for the nice welcomes!

Try before you buy and most ocean worthy boats will need to be on a trailer behind an Rv unless it is a pop up tent trailer or your a  mid 20’s shape kinda guy. A Hobie PA is a big boat, I have two different Native Mariners if you want to come to the coast and try one out weather permitting

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
i car top with my Hobie Outback and know others that do.  I would npt with a pro angler because they are so heavy.  I also use my dads truck with a bed externsion.  If you have a truck this is a cheap altenative,
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

Bthomas

• This is the Bomb!!!
  • Herring
Thank you Mojo!!  Very gracious offer--I may take you up on it!  This is going to be a great forum!!!!  Thanks for the advice ZD!

I'm also going to read about your kayaks too!  I think I may post a couple questions in the Oregon area about wetsuit/drysuit and Kayaks.

Thanks!!!

2016 PRo Angler 14

anything