Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Angler of the Year 2018 (AOTY) - Official  (Read 6046 times)

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Well now that we're half way through the year I figured it made sense to start the official AOTY thread...  ;D Seriously, though, sorry for the delay. Here is the thread that is already going on the subject: http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=20127.0

If you are new to AOTY please read through the 2016 and 2017 threads:

NWKA Angler of the Year (AOTY) 2018

GRAND PRIZE:
$500 Gift Certificate

Sponsors
(will be updated throughout the year)

HUGE shoutout to Nobaddays and jed for helping secure some of these sponsors!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 10:33:24 PM by Captain Redbeard »

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
Skwoosh stepped up big and is delivering 6 seat pads and 1 "Big Catch Fishing Seat" ($130 at Austin Kayak)!

http://www.skwoosh.com/

I know a couple of NWKA members who use Skwoosh products to help stay on the water longer. By providing more cushioned support, Skwoosh seats can lessen numb-butt and lower back pain.

I seriously want to win the Big Catch seat to put on my Tarpon!

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
UPDATE:

Got confirmation that the grand prize will be a $500 gift cert to Next Adventure!

Thank you to CJ and Next Adventure for making this happen, and as always thank you for your support of HOW.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
I approved a few fish today and we have a new leader on the board - check it out!

Also Nobaddays helped get Outdoorplay on as a sponsor and they have delivered.

We have drybags with fun stuff inside for several of the top positions including gift certificates for Outdoorplay.com!

I just bought a kayak from Outdoorplay and their service was excellent. Many of you are familiar with Kayak Shed in Hood River (RIP) who was a long-time sponsor of this and other events. My understanding is that John from Kayak Shed has joined forces with Outdoorplay and they'll have a physical retail store in Hood River soon in addition to the online store and warehouse. I'm looking forward to see where this goes from here.

Here's me enjoying my new boat - 2018 Revo 13:

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
It is a tight race and is getting really interesting. If only I could talk the boss into laying me off from now through November

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon

Big Hammer came through BIG again this year - check these out.

I can't wait to try the new segmented swim baits. Smallmouth fishing is one of my favorite ways to get out and have fun and these type of baits are one of my favorites for the rivers. Given the success I've had with Big Hammer baits in the ocean I am looking forward to trying these in my smallmouth waters and seeing what comes up.

A fellow AOTY angler mentioned to me recently that he never really had much luck with Big Hammers in the ocean. If you feel the same way, PM me and I'm happy to explain how I use them. They're not the answer every day but they are in my "top 3" rotation every time I'm on the salt.

FISH ON! There's over 3 months left still...

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
Just a reminder to get your fish in! 2019 starts soon...  ;D

yaktastic

• A cowboy in a kayak? I never was normal.
  • Salmon
  • shut up and let me fish.
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Those new swimbaits would be killee for dragging and hopping walleyes.
4th place 2017 TBKD Rockfish.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
We'll be shutting 2018 officially down on the 14th (per the rules, you have 2 weeks to enter fish).

Looks like I'm regaining my title of 9th place  ;D Love the competition - can't believe some of the fish that got put up this year. I'd have to give my "WOW FISH" award to that incredible walleye of JimBob45's - good luck beating that!

Jimbob45

• If you don’t take that first step to the next adventure, you’ll never go anywhere.
  • Herring
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
We'll be shutting 2018 officially down on the 14th (per the rules, you have 2 weeks to enter fish).

Looks like I'm regaining my title of 9th place  ;D Love the competition - can't believe some of the fish that got put up this year. I'd have to give my "WOW FISH" award to that incredible walleye of JimBob45's - good luck beating that!

There are lots and lots of bigger ones :)  we just got to catch them!  I think someone will eventually beat that fish for sure.  Thank you tho Captain Redbeard! 
Hobie outback
Hobie Pro Angler

1st  2018 Chum Derby
1st 2018 AOTY 1966 pts

ballardbrad

• Salmon
  • Kayak Fishing Washington
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010

There are lots and lots of bigger ones :)  we just got to catch them!  I think someone will eventually beat that fish for sure.  Thank you tho Captain Redbeard! 

I want a recount if Jim wins. :)

Jimbob45

• If you don’t take that first step to the next adventure, you’ll never go anywhere.
  • Herring
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017

I want a recount if Jim wins. :)

lol ...
Hobie outback
Hobie Pro Angler

1st  2018 Chum Derby
1st 2018 AOTY 1966 pts