Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:34:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:40:17 PM]

[Today at 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[Today at 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 11:35:40 AM]

[Today at 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Checking in, been quite a while...Klickitat report.  (Read 4052 times)

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
A few weeks ago my son flew up from CA to fish the mouth of the Klickitat with me. First day we went out with STS Guide Service which I've done the past 3 years. Shawn seems to always get limits for his clients and we were no exception.

We spent the next 3 days hover fishing from the Tandem Island (sans sail). We got 2 the first day out, 3 the next and the final day we limited out with 6 adults plus a jack. My fish bag was truly overflowing and the power boats were following us! We kept fine tuning our process and it was good to see it worked. We vac sealed over 100 lbs of filets and smoked about 30 lbs. What a great week with my boy. He ran the seafood section at Whole Foods and his filet knife skills are unsurpassed.

Too bad we had to take two weeks off to go back to CA and by the time we returned fishing really had slowed. Last week we tried trolling Brad's SuperBaits at Drano but we had no luck. There were only 2 boats at Drano and no one was getting bit.

Feels good to get back on the water, would sure like to find some spots that are still producing. Hint...
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Hi Aytch - looks like some great time with your son - that's awesome! 

As I hear it, there are still a few fish moving through the Columbia - but I haven't actually been out since picking one up at the Klickitat a couple weeks ago.

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Awesome report Aytch!  Good to see you back.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
Awesome report Aytch!  Good to see you back.

-Mark-

I agree with Mark--- you've been missed. Glad to see ya back on board. Hope all is well.....

There should be some salmon up in Hood Canal  ;D ;D
  Come on up for the Slayride....... even if the weather forecast looks marginal right now.
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Mark, Mark and Sam,

Thanks for the kind words, hope to fish with y'all some time soon. Wish I could make the Slayride Derby but I'm tied up then.

I'd really like to get out somewhere between Longview and Camas if the bite's still going when I fix a few equipment issues.

My TI trailer needs some mods which I hope to get done in a week or so. Poor weight distribution and flexing began to cause stress cracks in the chassis of my ML-320. We limped back from Drano praying the whole shebang wasn't going to come loose and create mayhem on Hwy 14 last week. Looking for a welder to help add an extension on it like the attached photo if anyone knows someone.

http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/04/s/projects/trailer/tongue.jpg[/url]
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Rockfish
  • The Art and Science of Fishing
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
Nice work Aytch. Nice to know there are other Islanders in my home town no less. Let's hookup for some sailing/fishing. Going to target chrome next year. Lot's to learn.  Scott
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:40:03 PM by Great Bass 2 »
Heroes on the Water Guide
O.K. Malibu 2XL
Hobie Adventure Island
Eddyline Caribbean 12
No Sponsors, Not Prostaff, Just Fishin

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Scott, would love to fish and sail with you. Where's Mill City, can't find it on a map?

Hope I can fix the trailer soon. I'm retired so pretty flexible for getting on the water. Let me know when you'd like to get together.
iHop

jsmccormick

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
Sweet! Nice report! I've been wanting to try klickitat out. Probably going to have to wait til next year.
2016 2nd Place Brownlee Crappie Shootout
2015 7th Place Boniville Bass Bonanza

2015 Hobie Revolution 13
2015 Hobie Oasis

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Rockfish
Scott, would love to fish and sail with you. Where's Mill City, can't find it on a map?

Hope I can fix the trailer soon. I'm retired so pretty flexible for getting on the water. Let me know when you'd like to get together.

I live in Camas, near the lake. Just moved in July so pretty new to the area. I'm retired too so can fish most days. Scott
O.K. Malibu 2XL
Hobie Adventure Island
Eddyline Caribbean 12

Jammer

• KayakFishingOregon.com
  • Sturgeon
  • Kayak Fishing Oregon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009

Nice work Aytch. Nice to know there are other Islanders in my home town no less. Let's hookup for some sailing/fishing. Going to target chrome next year. Lot's to learn.  Scott
I'm looking forward to pimping out a 2016 Tandem Island I have on order. I'm hoping to make it extra ready to land big fish.[emoji869]
• Stohlquist • Team Daiwa • Yakima Bait Company

2015 Hobie Fishing Team "Top Gun"
2012 Hobie Worlds Team USA - 19th place
2012 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2010 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place
2010 Cape Dis. Dungie Tourney - 1st place

KAYAK FISHING OREGON
www.youtube.com/jmrischer

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Jammer! So excited to hear about your forthcoming TI! We need to build up a fleet and sail out for some big fishies some time.

Scott, I live up above Round Lake, we should get together soon and talk yak fishin' and plan a trip. I'll PM you with my phone #.
iHop

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Rockfish
I think INSAYN bought Zee's AI a few months ago so two AI's and two TI's in the PDX area. Sounds like fun. We had over 50 Islanders in NCKA. Got a ways to go. LOL
O.K. Malibu 2XL
Hobie Adventure Island
Eddyline Caribbean 12

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Awesome news, hope Craig puts his dope trailer skills into a cool carriage for the Island. We definitely need to plan a regatta.
iHop

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
My spider senses tingled and told me to read this thread for some reason.   :icon_shaking2:

Looks like there is a small local AI/TI crowd beginning to assemble.  I wanna play! 

Yes, it is true.  Zee sold me his AI this summer, and it's a freaking blast! Thanks again Zee! 
Looking forward to fishing out of Depoe next year with it.

Aytch, I'm pretty much free today through Saturday if you want to bring your trailer over and we can lengthen your trailer tongue, and wiring.  You should still have my number, right?  If not, PM me and we'll fix that.   8)

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Noah

• Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Hey Aytch, welcome back! Hope you've been well.

anything